Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

oh jay posted:

It doesn't matter, but was the Archer in the very first scene supposed to by Tommy-Prometheus or Ollie-Fuhrer? It was dark and their costumes are so similar to begin with.

Fuhrer Oliver kills Earth-X Guardian and takes over the breach gateway in the cold open. Prometheus/Tommy shows up for the first time at the wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Fuhrer Oliver kills Earth-X Guardian and takes over the breach gateway in the cold open. Prometheus/Tommy shows up for the first time at the wedding.

Cool. Thanks. They probably could have made that Tommy, so that the reveal meant a little more.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Supergirl-Guardian needs to get Guardian X's paint job. Looks so much better than dull tacticool black.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chokes McGee posted:

(It's a weird double standard but guys being affectionate with each other is way less accepted on tv than girls)
It's because the typical audience member (for basically everything) is assumed by default to be a heterosexual man who's somewhat homophobic but OK with lesbians as long as they're attractive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rule 1 and 2 is not limited by sexuality

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

I still can’t stand Caity Lotz trying to act.

She's improved a lot.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

It's because the typical audience member (for basically everything) is assumed by default to be a heterosexual man who's somewhat homophobic but OK with lesbians as long as they're attractive.

Yyyyes, that was implied. It's still weird.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://instagram.com/p/BcOCONJBYCX/

This owns

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The final scene of the final episode of Arrow ever is going to be Justin Hartley walking into Queen Manor, and everyone going "who the hell are you?" and he just says "My name is Oliver Queen. I've been trapped on an island called Lian Yu for the last 20 years and I've finally made it home. Soooo... What have I missed?"

ARROW

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've been joking about it so long I hope they get to make it work eventually.

Have an in universe Green Arrow TV show or something, and he plays the Arrow in there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

During the first crossover, Ray Palmer remarked that Supergirl looked like his cousin

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just wanted to say that I gave up on the Arrow before this season started and I'm so happy I did. As much as I loved Felicity's character, Rickards is a really bad actress; open your mouth and enunciate, quit mumbling your lines in a half whisper. Out of curiosity, how many times has the group turned on each other this season?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This season of Arrow has been fine/good. It's nice for you to come tell us how happy you are that you quit though.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

GreenNight posted:

This season of Arrow has been fine/good. It's nice for you to come tell us how happy you are that you quit though.

So you mean you don't go around to threads of shows you don't watch and post about not watching them? What the hell's wrong with you, man?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crossover time is the perfect time to go tell the Flash and Legends threads they're dumb.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aphrodite posted:

Crossover time is the perfect time to go tell the Flash and Legends threads they're dumb.

To which their response is "I know, right? It's great."

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kjetting posted:

So you mean you don't go around to threads of shows you don't watch and post about not watching them? What the hell's wrong with you, man?

Well that's what brought me here, the crossover forced me to watch team Arrow and it's troop of misfits that all hate each other on a rotating basis and Rickards' absolutely god awful acting because I still love to watch Flash and Supergirl. Please lord, let this be the very last crossover that includes dysfunctional Ollie and his Arrow team.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

radical meme posted:

Just wanted to say that I gave up on the Arrow before this season started and I'm so happy I did. As much as I loved Felicity's character, Rickards is a really bad actress; open your mouth and enunciate, quit mumbling your lines in a half whisper. Out of curiosity, how many times has the group turned on each other this season?

Zero, I think. Whenever a member reveals something and comes clean, everyone's been largely understanding and supportive.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
https://futurism.com/paralyzed-monkeys-able-to-walk-again-with-brain-implant-human-trials-are-next/

Felicity and Curits better hurry up...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Has the Arrow team ever really "turned" on each other besides Evelyn? I mean they've had lots of secrets and issues and drama like most shows but I can't think of outright turning situations. I mean I guess there was the time Thea was brainwashed to kill someone and Roy was driven crazy by super power steroids?

I actually feel like Team Arrow is surprisingly forgiving in the big picture. I mean, their leader is a serial killer who has repeatedly manipulated and lied to them and they still love the guy and follow him. Felicity nuked Ragman's town and he took the adult approach to it not being her fault. Flash erased Diggle's daughter and he got past it and officiated his wedding. Diggle got Rene shot and he barely even cared.

I just realized that Curtis is a weird member of the team because he doesn't have a personal body count to atone for.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 4, 2017

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I just realized that Curtis is a weird member of the team because he doesn't have a personal body count to atone for.

...yet!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Largely, they improved Felicity's character over her Season 4 weirdness and my guess some EP said pick a side, either Oliver and Felicity are together or drop the plot. She has been relatively mature and good support for the team and provides that human side that Oliver needs to rebuild. In the crossover she handled the question well up until she trampled all over Barry and Iris's moment but they seemed cool with it so whatever.

Basically, DC TV Universe owns and is in good place.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry and Iris' prime character trait is being doormats.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I'm waiting for him to develop Phantasm balls to throw at enemies.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Premier of Agents of Shield had some pretty great killer magic balls.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If you wanna talk about mumbling and bad annunciation you can’t leave out Curtis.

But I’m not hating. Just an observation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He does that to trail off though. The stuff he says all mumbley isn’t important.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Aphrodite posted:

He does that to trail off though. The stuff he says all mumbley isn’t important.

I'm pretty sure those are character directions they are given and they do it on purpose.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

He doesn't have time for a body count, all his spare time is putting his hair in and out of braids and painting the T each time they suit up

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I wonder how big their changing room is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone should compare and contrast because it kind of looks like they stopped braiding it and he's just pulling it back now. At least as of the crossover.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, they stopped braiding his hair this season.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

Nah not the trailing off.. the super-fast words-over-words talking he does.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

Premier of Agents of Shield had some pretty great killer magic balls.

:thunk:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Watch the episode and you’ll understand.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

Watch the episode and you’ll understand.

:thejoke:

Also it occurred to me today that the super secret evidence is probably going to be William's testimony which is the dumbest possible option on the planet and will set back any gains the show has made a million years.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

My conspiracy theory is that the FBI agent is trying to get Oliver to go public as the Green Arrow, and is BSing the DA into pressing charges on all the murders and assaults they can solidly pin on him so that the case gets dismissed/withdrawn and Oliver is protected by double jeopardy.

I have no idea if that makes legal sense, but I'm confident the show doesn't either.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Simply pin everything on Nazi Arrow, easy.

Then go "hey, vigilantes just stopped the planet being taken over by Nazis, anyone who voted to ban vigilantism gets a slap and we forget that stupid referendum"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I feel like Oliver getting to brutally murder himself was fantastically therapeutic. He sure as gently caress didn't hesitate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope he kept that body on ice so he can fake his death more easily.