Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I’ve been playin as Warlock, and now I realized I wasted a bunch of points on the initial subclass instead of saving them for the Voidwalker and Palpatine subclasses. Am I gonna be shorted out or will I eventually have enough points to upgrade all subclasses?

Where should I concentrate my points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
you will have more points than there are unlockable talents for subclasses

this is not a joke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Half the adventures give you an upgrade point, there will be plenty

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Animal posted:

I’ve been playin as Warlock, and now I realized I wasted a bunch of points on the initial subclass instead of saving them for the Voidwalker and Palpatine subclasses. Am I gonna be shorted out or will I eventually have enough points to upgrade all subclasses?

Where should I concentrate my points?

You can get enough points to unlock everything. Some of the side missions have upgrade points instead of loot. I'd recommend going down the Devour path of void first, but it doesn't matter much.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I'm not going to rambling her like other posts. This is a simple post straight to the point. This DLC CoO is just not worth the $20. This DLC is just a promotion for Micro-transactions (MTX) with Eververse, as all the best DLC CoO and Season 2 rewards are behind the Pay Wall of Eververse. Bungie this is so, so Disappointing and Sad to see my favorite game succumbing to greed and poor decision making on this game. I'm truly baffled to see how far Activision/Bungie have gone implementing this predatory micro-transaction practices, and I feel hopeless at this point and so sad - Destiny, our beloved game has dig its own grave with this DLC and the actions of Bungie of giving lame excuses and doing lazy work on the game (CoO DLC), promoting and practically forcing the player to spend money in micro-transactions to get the rewards. Because it is Clear Now, Destiny 2's Endgame has become an XP Gain/Eververse Endgame.

I think it's going really far to call EV "predatory" microtransactions. We've seen real predatory microtransactions this year in Battlefront 2/NFS and Destiny sells you cosmetic crap, much of which people seem to be throwing into a box and forgetting (the majority of shaders and ships). At least for me, EV rewards are mildly interesting at best and I like getting them, but I'm not handwringing over them.

I'm much more bothered by them moving some content that had been free to the x-pack (Prestige Raid & NF). It's fine if they want to make Heroic Strikes part of the DLC, but you should never disable content for people, requiring them to buy the x-pack to continue getting what was in the base game.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 6, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Gilg posted:

With Curse of Osiris, does anything about the "from light level X to Y do this, from Y to Z do this" etc.. change?

Edit: Like do the level ranges change with CoO?

It appears that the soft cap for drops is around 300-305 so do whatever to get up there and then start turning in your powerful engram weeklies.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The Eververse poo poo seems like something that was tacked on to appease the executives demanding a microtransaction money fountain. It barely has anything that affects gameplay in it, and really should just be ignored.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

Mercury forge Weapons Impressions:

- Garden Progeny scout rifle. classic scout rifle, usable, not bad or interesting, but is decent enough for some scouting. the sight is a bit too big.
- Jack Queen King 3. hand canon. Boring,did not had anything that really impressed me.
- Machina Dei 4. Pulse rifle. Good but kind of slow.

I have yet to see anything that impress me here. Will still farm more mats to produce all of the verses if are made available.

It’s loving sick that the worst and most reviled part of D1, farming chests/mats for a drop that only spawns some of the times, is back baby.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ponzicar posted:

The Eververse poo poo seems like something that was tacked on to appease the executives demanding a microtransaction money fountain. It barely has anything that affects gameplay in it, and really should just be ignored.

It's just cosmetics, as it should be.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waffle House posted:

iirc all activities get a “speed bump” to be on-level. Like there’s nothing that “fell behind” for loot drops afaik

I think they're talking about the "soft caps" - like how blues soft capped at 260 before, and legendaries soft capped at 265. I think they're now 300 & 305.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

J.A.B.C. posted:

Yeah, that sucks. I'd like Osiris to take more a part in the vanguard now that he has more support/spotlight. Have a strike where him and Asher Mir snipe at each other's vex research while you blast away at a vex mind looking to restore Panoptes to the timeline. Or have him chiming in over Ikora Rey, have her show him up and have him react with pride. Something that gives us more to his character and makes him a part of the universe.
Asher has the best snipes regarding the Vex.

He gave me the Man o War. :downsrim:

It's okay Osiris, your little cult made the only pulse rifle I love

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

Mercury forge Weapons Impressions:

- Garden Progeny scout rifle. classic scout rifle, usable, not bad or interesting, but is decent enough for some scouting. the sight is a bit too big.
- Jack Queen King 3. hand canon. Boring,did not had anything that really impressed me.
- Machina Dei 4. Pulse rifle. Good but kind of slow.

I have yet to see anything that impress me here. Will still farm more mats to produce all of the verses if are made available.

Verses of my beautiful song, “Oh God Radiolarian Fluid Got In My Eyes, I can hear the chittering”

Oxyclean posted:

I think they're talking about the "soft caps" - like how blues soft capped at 260 before, and legendaries soft capped at 265. I think they're now 300 & 305.

Ahaaaaaa icicicic. That *is* nice for me catching up my other toons.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

If you told me pre-big blog post that buying specific gear off vendors would've required Silver or some other EV thing, I would not be surprised given the state of the gaming industry. I'm glad they didn't go down that path.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Argas posted:

If you told me pre-big blog post that buying specific gear off vendors would've required Silver or some other EV thing, I would not be surprised given the state of the gaming industry. I'm glad they didn't go down that path.
It's very good that it's basically just cosmetics with any micro. The whole blow up has always been (very understandably) them doing wacky shenanigans with the experience gains which was already annoying all on it's own to try and encourage buying your cosmetics.

Then the trip and fall face first over the line of "It's just cosmetics, it's cool" where an experience booster consumable in the "Cash also" shop would result in paying money to get gently caress all due to said experience choke out :eng99: So while still infinity superior to anything most of the media outrage has been over regarding micro transaction antics, they dipped their foot in already shark filled water.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
it's very good that a full price triple A game has full price DLC with the great majority of new collectible items gated behind purchaseable loot boxes

it's like you're getting reamed in the rear end by all the poo poo parts of gaming, at the same time

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Minrad posted:

it's very good that a full price triple A game has full price DLC with the great majority of new collectible items gated behind purchaseable loot boxes

it's like you're getting reamed in the rear end by all the poo poo parts of gaming, at the same time

It could be worse

Prometheus could have been an Eververse only gun

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

There was 1 prometheus lens on the other team and 2, maybe three on ours. This gun kind of makes crucible unplayable.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Minrad posted:

I thought this was an exaggerated complaint, but then I looked up what's in the season two eververse boxes, and it's literally the majority of new shaders, ships, sparrows and other collectable items introduced in the expansion. It's crazy. They've moved all the potential interesting and varied rewards players could get for doing things in the game, onto a kiosk you have to spend real money on to have an appreciable chance at getting one of the hundred or so items you have your eye on.

Predatory? Maybe.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Precursor Vex Chrome is my new Metro Shift so I'm just saving up all my dust to buy a stack of 60 or so.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I thought this was an exaggerated complaint, but then I looked up what's in the season two eververse boxes, and it's literally the majority of new shaders, ships, sparrows and other collectable items introduced in the expansion. It's crazy. They've moved all the potential interesting and varied rewards players could get for doing things in the game, onto a kiosk you have to spend real money on to have an appreciable chance at getting one of the hundred or so items you have your eye on.

Predatory? Maybe.

You can still get the items without paying money. It was only a problem when they were deliberately setting experience basically to zero.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I mean, it's close but it's nowhere near the predatory poo poo that's catching on elsewhere. Yes, it's a lootbox and does prey on players wanting cosmetics to play dress up. Sure, it's not P2W and that's a drat good thing but the endgame for many players is making their characters just look right. Thankfully, being able to earn the engrams through gameplay does soften the blow but they're definitely counting on players being impatient or wanting shortcuts.

It could be a whole lot worse. It is not. That doesn't make it non-predatory, just less so.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It does encourage you to make 3 characters and grind out 3 levels on them every week for maximum dust/effort spent.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

D1 servers are still up if it's this amazing you can't let go of hth

Norns why do you take each and every criticism of destiny 2 personally? Like you're not even engaging in discussion wrt criticisms you're just saying 'nuh uh' again and again.

I enjoy the video game destiny 2 but it's definitely worthy of some critiques.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
They did add ships, sparrows and ghosts to the factions. So there's more than just eververse now

Let's hope for some raid stuff as well

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

QuasiQuack posted:

They did add ships, sparrows and ghosts to the factions. So there's more than just eververse now

Let's hope for some raid stuff as well

Do you have some loving source for this poo poo because sweet holy gently caress the most bothering thing to me was that there's A) no collection for ships and sparrows and B) that eververse is the only place to get them.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DrNutt posted:

Norns why do you take each and every criticism of destiny 2 personally? Like you're not even engaging in discussion wrt criticisms you're just saying 'nuh uh' again and again.

I enjoy the video game destiny 2 but it's definitely worthy of some critiques.

Yes I'm very upset and taking these as personal attacks.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

Yes I'm very upset and taking these as personal attacks.

:shrug: you're a cool dude and all I was just wondering why you seem honor bound to respond to each and every negative comment about D2.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

SpookyLizard posted:

Do you have some loving source for this poo poo because sweet holy gently caress the most bothering thing to me was that there's A) no collection for ships and sparrows and B) that eververse is the only place to get them.

The source is checking the faction vendors. They each have a new gun, ornaments, ships, and ghosts.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

SpookyLizard posted:

Just hit up Hideo, Jalal and Robomom and inspect their engrams
(The NM stuff is gaudy as gently caress and completely awesome)

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The hunter jester pants are pretty great. The top arcstrider tree already let you punch and dive forever, now all the enemies around you get disoriented so they don't shoot you nearly as much in the process.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
How is it that a single Vex goblin can simulate 908 fully sentient personalities but the infinite forest is basically four generic vex platforms with random enemies on them? Couldn't we like slide into VoG, Venus, or some other parts of mercury or something? It feels really week that it's just like... Oop, random rooms. Shoot some vex, open the next one, HEY ITS CABAL! I wouldve been way more happy if they reused assets from other places because then it might actually feel like they're simulating poo poo. Hey, they could maybe even apply modifiers to it like a nightfall or old Heroics to make it more interesting, or something.

Don't even get me started on how wrong they got Osiris. Or what the gently caress is up with Panoptes. Vex can't simulate Light.. OOP now panoptes can or something. OOP he's irrelevant and dead.

QuasiQuack posted:

Just hit up Hideo, Jalal and Robomom and inspect their engrams
(The NM stuff is gaudy as gently caress and completely awesome)

I'll have to do that, even if you have completely awful taste. Smokey voiced robo NASCAR mom 4 lyfe.

Death to the wet blanket hideo.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The new monarchy ornaments are by far the best. The Hunter gear which is unfortunately mobility comes with a gold plated arm.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

SpookyLizard posted:

How is it that a single Vex goblin can simulate 908 fully sentient personalities but the infinite forest is basically four generic vex platforms with random enemies on them? Couldn't we like slide into VoG, Venus, or some other parts of mercury or something? It feels really week that it's just like... Oop, random rooms. Shoot some vex, open the next one, HEY ITS CABAL! I wouldve been way more happy if they reused assets from other places because then it might actually feel like they're simulating poo poo. Hey, they could maybe even apply modifiers to it like a nightfall or old Heroics to make it more interesting, or something.

Don't even get me started on how wrong they got Osiris. Or what the gently caress is up with Panoptes. Vex can't simulate Light.. OOP now panoptes can or something. OOP he's irrelevant and dead.

I'll have to do that, even if you have completely awful taste. Smokey voiced robo NASCAR mom 4 lyfe.

Death to the wet blanket hideo.

Also, wasn't the Traveler waking up supposed to be some new factor that gave the Vex the edge they needed to simulate a proper endgame that accounted for Guardians? I might be getting wires crossed now between official stuff and fan theory.

Also, it's hilarious that we have to travel to two other planets to find Panoptes. Only the Pyramidion could possibly house the data! Only a Vex mind on Nessus could be used to figure out the code!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This should have been a free patch not paid DLC. The public area on Mercury is laughably tiny which is a real shame because it still looked great. The infinite forest is pretty unimaginative for what its name suggests and why the gently caress are those triangle tunnels so god drat long. The one heroic strike I did was as others have mentioned just the hydra mission from the campaign which is super loving lazy and disappointing. The actual story was pretty bad which I was expecting anyway but it had a few cool setpieces. Osiris just peacing out back into the forest at the end was just hilarious though and I'm sure all the lore nerds are going to flip their poo poo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eej posted:

The new monarchy ornaments are by far the best. The Hunter gear which is unfortunately mobility comes with a gold plated arm.

I'm kind of a big fan of how the iron banner shaders work on the future war cult items:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Argas posted:

Also, wasn't the Traveler waking up supposed to be some new factor that gave the Vex the edge they needed to simulate a proper endgame that accounted for Guardians? I might be getting wires crossed now between official stuff and fan theory.

Also, it's hilarious that we have to travel to two other planets to find Panoptes. Only the Pyramidion could possibly house the data! Only a Vex mind on Nessus could be used to figure out the code!

Mercury is too small to fit that stuff, duh.

:v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm kind of a big fan of how the iron banner shaders work on the future war cult items:

thats a rad as hell gun wizard

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Spanish Manlove posted:

daaaaaamn.

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one that the Warlock Float bug happens to. I consider it a feature, however, and not a bug.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I hear there is a game breaking pvp weapon with this expansion.. What's it called so I can YouTube it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/19024058

Prometheus Lens

• Locked thread