Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

1gnoirents posted:

My god theyre getting faster

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y9oM0z7gafLSAjBUUJ3jSCFI3hbFTtBi

Now its an encrypted 7zip file, password is "password"

Hah that's the one. Thanks man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I guess we ran then out of monaro lol

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
Don't use Minergate, there has been many reports saying it's inefficient, it mines scam shitcoins (bytecoin, dashcoin, etc.) and is linked to the creators of said scam shitcoins with name of similar, more respectable coins (lol).

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Kazinsal posted:

Looks like Vertcoin just took a massive poo poo. No jobs from server. RIP the artisan guac.

As soon as I saw your post I deselected everything else and saw no jobs, :rip:

Starting my 5 miner now :getin:

e: they are using old versions of a couple miners, my cryptonight hash rate is lower by like 10-15%

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 7, 2017

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
What miner/algorithm/coin are you getting those numbers on? From my experience whattomine.com is pretty much dead-on with my power and hashrate, whereas things like the "nicehash profit calculator" can be like 30% or more above what I'm seeing. Even if some of you are talking about Canadian Funbux, the numbers are high enough that I'm wondering if they're fudging them a little :chloe:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Winminer's output is crap for me, are the good payouts already gone?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

At the very least winminer is perfectly comparable to what my nicehash miners were yesterday , and the payout limits are WAY better and can go directly to paypal from them.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mine are also back to nice hash levels which is great. The payout system seems better too, I'll see. I might never go back to nice hash since it wasn't stable with several algos but win Miner is

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This is pretty rich.

quote:

I had over $1k USD worth in there. That was to pay for my electricity for the month.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Fauxtool posted:

Mine are also back to nice hash levels which is great. The payout system seems better too, I'll see. I might never go back to nice hash since it wasn't stable with several algos but win Miner is

Yeah outside of a few strange starts and stops, once it evens out with whatever it needs to do the rates are spot on on both my cards. The payout options are great enough for me as well that I wont go back to Nicehash for this reason alone if Nicehash comes back up, all things equal anyway. $20 payout limits to Paypal (direct!), $10 limit to Bitcoin wallets and so forth. Their service fees for mining is comparable (3%). Only thing I dont know is transfer fees on my end to cash out, I cant see that without having enough to do so. All in all, if it doesnt crash all the time and mines up to date algorithms I'm happy with this.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

Turn off quick benchmark on win Miner it will benchmark immediately instead of slowly while mining and ruining your gains

Can you elaborate on this one? I don't see any settings for that on WinMiner. [edit: nvm, found in in General settings neat the bottom]

Add me to the "$90 balance in NiceHash and about to get my first payout" club...

I literally need to mine because my bedroom is loving freezing and I don't have a space heater.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Luckily I only started to mine a couple days ago, so I only lost a couple bucks. What is the service to use now?

Also isn't this the same BS that happened with like Mt Gox and the like? Has nothing changed when dealing with bit coins?

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 7, 2017

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Luckily I only started to mine a couple days ago, so I only lost a couple bucks. What do I use now? Is there a way to mine directly or something without having some shady middleman?

basically all of them but nicehash directly mine

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Luckily I only started to mine a couple days ago, so I only lost a couple bucks. What is the service to use now?

Also isn't this the same BS that happened with like Mt Gox and the like? Has nothing changed when dealing with bit coins?

MtGox was like... so much more than just losing bitcoins in a hack, and it'd take too many words to fully convey what happened there. But every month this year at least one major exchange has gotten hacked (or possibly "hacked") and lost a bunch of cryptomoney so no one following cryptocurrencies is really surprised. It's part of the risk of speculating in this particular market

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
does someone mind doing a run down on how to setup winminer to do something thats more then $2 a day on a 1080ti?

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Scarecow posted:

does someone mind doing a run down on how to setup winminer to do something thats more then $2 a day on a 1080ti?

(1) Disable your anti-virus for a few minutes / know how to add exceptions for everything
(2) Install Winminer
(3) If you want, grab the .7z from the last page and throw the contents into /AppData/Local/Winminer/Miners
(4) Click on Settings and uncheck "Express benchmark" the first time you run it
(5) Click run
(6) Hope for the best

That's about it. The $15+ things were more or less just flashes in the night from people who happened to be well-positioned to take up the slack when NiceHash poo poo itself. They're gone now, and everyone's back down to more or less whatever they were before.

That said, VTC one-click is pretty easy to set up (other than waiting for a good while for the wallet to sync if you're setting a new one up) and seems to be paying out solidly more than Winminer for NVidia cards.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
So how many other buttcoin billionaires are there here and uh, is anyone else getting nervous? Does anyone have any non-US exchanges that have good depth?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

QuarkJets posted:

MtGox was like... so much more than just losing bitcoins in a hack, and it'd take too many words to fully convey what happened there.

"I know PHP! How hard could running an exchange be?"

QuarkJets posted:

But every month since 2011 at least one major exchange has gotten hacked (or possibly "hacked") and lost a bunch of cryptomoney so no one following cryptocurrencies is really surprised. It's part of the risk of speculating in this particular market

ftfy

This Jacket Is Me posted:

So how many other buttcoin billionaires are there here and uh, is anyone else getting nervous? Does anyone have any non-US exchanges that have good depth?

No exchanges have good depth. Crypto trading is as thin as a postcard. Spoof orders are de rigeur also, btw - if you see a massive buy or sell wall, expect it to disappear as the price gets closer.

inkwell
Dec 9, 2005
lol seems i got out at just the right time. cashed out and put a hundred dollars in my steam wallet last week. between steam stopping bitcoin payment and nice hash giving up the ghost i think im fine leaving off my foray into the world of buttcoins here.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

quote:

BTC $14,910.00 LTC $92.27 Dash $644.92 XMR $255.56 ETH $408.54 ZEC $298.53 ETC $25.27

gm, btc holders

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I guess it's a neutral thing I didn't wear my card's fans for weeks running Nicehash since the temperatures FINALLY went down around here.

I'll wait again until you nice people can write a guide similar to the OP on what a lazy person with a single GPU should do.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Winminer is getting slammed, and they've said as much. Getting a lot of network errors

loving hell, because the price of bitcoin, that nicehash "loss" is pushing $200

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 7, 2017

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Of course win miner isn't accepting new people. How will my GPU render me burritos now??

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
My sell orders are not working on quadrigacx, demand is too strong :argh:

ed:

quote:

My Recent Trades XɃT/CAD
In Out Price
$237.27CAD 0.01173458XɃT $20,220.10CAD

INSHALLAH

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

NewFatMike posted:

Of course win miner isn't accepting new people. How will my GPU render me burritos now??

Just spend hours learning to mine directly, make wallets, safe keep them, and save the 3% they shave off - they’re doing you a favor!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Figures I try out nicehash for the last 2 weeks, and that happens right now. I never got my payout.

Pugzilla
Feb 25, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

Should be online tomorrow

Nice. Very enterprising. What are you doing to keep that from overheating? I've been thinking about building something similar, but not sure if the cost of electricity can keep pace with the coins generated. Then again, BC has gone waaaaaaaaay up since Monday.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
After I see peoples results after a week (And it's not something like 10 dollars a week) I'll try it myself for a week and based on my experiences I'll try to come up with a new lazy guide. I'm lazy about doing computer stuff but I can make thousands of words a day. I want people using the hardware they already have to make them money. I think even though the people who spent under 100 dollars lucked out and mining kept working long enough to earn a return I think spending any money is wrong, just use the hardware you already have and then when the bitcoin services inevitably blow up you're only out power for that week and your hardware is just the hardware you would have anyways. Hopefully you were able to get at least a week of earning from it so it can be a net neutral when that scam week comes. I think I'm going to add a section about how the service WILL scam you, but as long as you're prepared for that it's not the end of the world.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Just spend hours learning to mine directly, make wallets, safe keep them, and save the 3% they shave off - they’re doing you a favor!

The 3% shave is worth the time spent to do those other things.

As few steps between warm computer and burrito tummy is desirable.

Giving VTC One Click a shot while I wait for WinMiner so I can hopefully get a burrito out of it today.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

craig588 posted:

After I see peoples results after a week (And it's not something like 10 dollars a week) I'll try it myself for a week and based on my experiences I'll try to come up with a new lazy guide. I'm lazy about doing computer stuff but I can make thousands of words a day. I want people using the hardware they already have to make them money. I think even though the people who spent under 100 dollars lucked out and mining kept working long enough to earn a return I think spending any money is wrong, just use the hardware you already have and then when the bitcoin services inevitably blow up you're only out power for that week and your hardware is just the hardware you would have anyways. Hopefully you were able to get at least a week of earning from it so it can be a net neutral when that scam week comes. I think I'm going to add a section about how the service WILL scam you, but as long as you're prepared for that it's not the end of the world.

Luckily winminer seems literally easier than Nicehash... lets just hope they can scale under the new workload. Also their "Live" stats page is about 10000 cooler and nicer than anything Nicehash showed you, and their payout methods are MUCH better with dollar payout limits rather than BTC. As per their FAQ, you should be paid in BTC as well, so your balance should rise with the market.

But my glowing endorsement wont last if they cant get their network solid

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Network power is bouncing around like crazy between VTC, Mona, Electroneum, and to a lesser extent SIB. I'm seeing like 50-70% changes in profitability in a matter of a few hours as the difficulty tries to track.

I think people are getting their miners back online though because the overall trend is down vs yesterday.

edit: graphs

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 7, 2017

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I tried to setup Winminer last night before bed. Turned off express benchmarking. Did the initial request of starting as admin and restarting PC. Put it to manual so I could just turn it on and leave it, but it didn't seem to do much by the time I woke up. It doesn't mine consistently, only did 35 cents.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Yea WinMiner is pretty fucky so far, hope they scale up.

So far it's only mining ZEN and UBQ, are those really the most profit? I let the non-express benchmarks run and that's what it settled on. Is there a way to force it to do Lyra-based stuff? I can select specific coins but not specific algos, and I don't see any Lyra coins like Monacoin.

Also I don't know if this miner is trying very hard, NiceHash had me pegged at 400 watts from the wall while this is 230-270 watts.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Pugzilla posted:

Nice. Very enterprising. What are you doing to keep that from overheating? I've been thinking about building something similar, but not sure if the cost of electricity can keep pace with the coins generated. Then again, BC has gone waaaaaaaaay up since Monday.

Undervolted to 1.05v, they sit in the 50s at half fan speed. Not really that loud either, surprisingly. You could make money, you might not also.

If you want to join the burn your house down crew look into electrical safety and don't overload the ampere ratings of PSU cabling. Powered risers could draw their max 75w or overdraw, so you need to use cabling that can handle the load. Some lower wattage PSUs have 20AWG wiring for peripheral wires, which is commonly used to power risers and could overheat because they can't handle the 75w load. 20AWG is bad news bears, tread *extremely* carefully with such wiring and only power a single item per cable and monitor the draw every so often.

*Ideally* you should only power one thing per cable to stay well within specs, but in the case of say a PCIE 2x8 cable you could power two cards, or two risers, whatever. They should be rated for the draw so that could work, but 1 per line is best if you can swing it. *Don't zip tie your cables* use velcro straps instead so as not to compress the insulation. Once it's up and running at full bore for a couple hours, physically feel every connector. If they are warm that's ok, if they are too hot to touch something is very, very wrong. In that case you need to use a multimeter to measure the draw and determine wtf is going on and should not leave that card running at all unattended.

Basically buy 008S risers and use PCIE>molex>>>>>>sata in that order, in fact don't use sata if you can help it. Extension cables? Probably bad news, you could use them safely, but it is better you don't try so as to not burn your poo poo down.

e: 20AWG safety, be safe goons

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 7, 2017

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you're in the southern hemisphere or plan to keep running it until the summer in the northern hemisphere make sure you have climate control (And factor cooling costs into your costs).

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Yea WinMiner is pretty fucky so far, hope they scale up.

So far it's only mining ZEN and UBQ, are those really the most profit? I let the non-express benchmarks run and that's what it settled on. Is there a way to force it to do Lyra-based stuff? I can select specific coins but not specific algos, and I don't see any Lyra coins like Monacoin.

Also I don't know if this miner is trying very hard, NiceHash had me pegged at 400 watts from the wall while this is 230-270 watts.

By non-express benchmark, you mean you turned off express benchmark and just hit Start on the main screen?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

KingKapalone posted:

By non-express benchmark, you mean you turned off express benchmark and just hit Start on the main screen?

Right.

I added the Lyra miner from the previous page, but if I uncheck every miner but that, it doesn't work. I think maybe it doesn't know what coins correspond to that miner?

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Winminer is telling me no jobs are available from the server, with just Lyra selected. Worked yesterday, unsure if it's an issue with vertcoin or winminer.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Sipher posted:

Winminer is telling me no jobs are available from the server, with just Lyra selected. Worked yesterday, unsure if it's an issue with vertcoin or winminer.

Yeah its not giving anything out anymore for VTC since yesterday. I've been seeing wildly inconsistent mining in general with winminer and several overt network communication errors. That combined with their tweet about scaling up due to overwhelming demand might explain the downtime. I hope they get it together (or are even able to) because so far theyre the best alternative I've seen yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Now I'm home from work and the balance is 99 cents instead of 35 cents from the overnight mining. It says it's running now mining Zen for $2.35/day on my 1070 and Sumo on my i5-4670k at $0.28/day.

Don't think it's running consistently though. Also getting the same error a ton from EthDcrMiner64.exe because OpenCL.dll isn't found. The error popped up just now and WinMiner says it's benchmarking again and the 1070 just says Mining PIRL (Starting miner) then goes Idle and then gives the error again.

It's also 12 degrees here in MN and this thing isn't warming my apartment enough!

• Locked thread