Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

perlmutter is gonna go guerilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

So I uninstalled from Steam today and finally dared to look at my total shame:

$89.89, almost all spent on stash space during the first two years. Not too bad, but easily more than I've spent on any other game.

And :gonk: 4223 hours oh god that's 8 months of waking hours logged in to this thing not even counting the time before I ran it on steam

So 2 cents per hour running the game, none of it spent in the last year or two. It was me, I'm the reason the game died.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Now they can have Fantastic Four events in MH without problems!

--

Also on reddit people are saying that Sony is giving refunds to people who have PS4 Marvel Heroes. (Seems to only from August ----> NOW though)

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Game's not completely dead!: https://www.amazon.com/POG-00718-Marvel-Game/dp/B000FJ4A6G/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1512701271&sr=8-17

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 8, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gaz traded MH's soul for Pogs.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Good, the MCU really needs a good Doom as a main villain.

kang

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

There mere fact that POGs still exist makes my head explode. The fact that people are actively making POG products makes me wonder if I just slipped into a parallel universe.

EDIT: Just eight seconds ago I was posting in another thread about how POGs were doomed from the start, because when *everyone* is collecting something , it becomes worthless, like comics in the 90's.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wanted to reinstall and play before the cutoff but lol steam already delisted it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The servers shut down a week ago.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gaz

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I hope Asros is alright :ohdear:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hes altright at least

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

hes altright at least

lol of course

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Each time this thread bumps I crave me some online Diablo-clone with a chatty user base.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

God if only.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Yeah it's not like path of exile just started a new league Friday with a fun mechanic and tons of mh goons playing in their own guild

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

shield emoji

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steam forums posted:

My wife left me after she heard the game was closing down because we spent a lot of money in this. If we are somehow refunded maybe she will come back home and bring back the dogs.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Emma Frost was my wife and gaz shattered our marriage when they shut the servers down.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Yeah if only path of exile had fast movement speeds, simple talent trees, and could be played while watching TV.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
POE has all of those things

-if you're too dumb to handle the talent tree, just follow a guide that literally tells you point by point how to spec
-there are really good builds that move so fast you can desync from the game
-summoner builds can be played while AFK with only a minimal efficiency loss

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 10, 2017

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

POE has all of those things

-if you're too dumb to handle the talent tree, just follow a guide that literally tells you point by point how to spec
-there are really good builds that move so fast you can desync from the game
-summoner builds can be played while AFK with only a minimal efficiency loss

Does it have raccoons and Spider-Men and Luke Cage as playable characters

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m a big PoE man but the lack of raccoon pet mtx is a black mark against the game for sure

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PoE is less fun to play than this game is today.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, MH for all its faults was super fun to run around smashing poo poo in. I've tried PoE, their character building is amazing but actually playing the game feels like total rear end.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Poop game also doesnt have bing builds which the Marvel Hero goon casuals need to survive

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

has anyone checked on leowyld since the game shut down

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
What PoE builds use the 1-5 method?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Every single one of them :gaz:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

is leowyld homeless now

is comixfan homeless

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Their home is in our hearts

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Rufio posted:

What PoE builds use the 1-5 method?

3 of the buttons are medkit

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

malhavok posted:

Yeah, MH for all its faults was super fun to run around smashing poo poo in. I've tried PoE, their character building is amazing but actually playing the game feels like total rear end.

did you play for very long? did you try out more than a couple of skills to see differences in playstyle?

poe feels terrible at first because the default movement speed is unbearably slow but eventually you can be as much of a wrecking ball as any MH hero.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jazerus posted:

poe feels terrible

Agreed

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

at this point it's probably fair to assume that any of the mh goons not playing poe are never going to move over

it requires a bit of planning and learning which is not what everybody wants, where mh was completely gently caress-up proof and would let you successfully do cosmic tier stuff while wearing nutso and an unruned uru

some people just prefer the simplicity of the latter

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ndub posted:

at this point it's probably fair to assume that any of the mh goons not playing poe are never going to move over

it requires a bit of planning and learning which is not what everybody wants, where mh was completely gently caress-up proof and would let you successfully do cosmic tier stuff while wearing nutso and an unruned uru

some people just prefer the simplicity of the latter

I'm sorry dad I'll stop trying to convert the unwashed heathen infidels

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The problem is that PoE is a good game so you were never going to get buy in from the squad.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm not really interested in PoE unless they add Spider-Man to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Poop game owns dude