Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
So, is the announcement next Sunday or Monday in the US? I know it's Monday in Japan, but I don't have a head for time zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

HitTheTargets posted:

So, is the announcement next Sunday or Monday in the US? I know it's Monday in Japan, but I don't have a head for time zones.

Depends on the time. If it's Monday morning in Japan, it'll be Sunday afternoon/evening in the US. If it's Monday afternoon/evening in Japan, it'll be way too early Monday morning in US. If it's Monday night, it'll be Monday morning.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
It'll be December 11, "from 21:00 to 22:30 JST". If you want to keep track of when that is in your local time, Windows can put a secondary clock in your clock settings, like so. 9 PM JST is edit: 6 AM CST for what that's worth.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 4, 2017

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Hokuto posted:

It'll be December 11, "from 21:00 to 22:30 JST". If you want to keep track of when that is in your local time, Windows can put a secondary clock in your clock settings, like so. 9 PM JST is 7 AM CST, I think? For what that's worth.

6 AM CST, just so there's no confusion. So if you want to watch it live, you need to get up early on Monday.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
We were talking Armored Core a few pages ago, and apparently From Software says it's still happening.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Goddammit you fuckers stop playing games with my heart.

Though I think I need this music stream now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/937859471413579776

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's more art for any given game in the series than there is for V.

A fitting punishment.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
They should have just given us a music theme where Nineball's theme plays on loop in the PS4 menu.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
2nd OG stream going up shortly, 3 stages until the end

edit: stream over, the finale will be Monday afternoon/evening

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 6, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I don’t know what kind of story I expected Cross Ange to have but I was not expecting this. (Finally sitting down to resume V)

Edit: also holy crap I suddenly have like 3x as many mechs as I have dispatch slots

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 6, 2017

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Getsuya posted:

I don’t know what kind of story I expected Cross Ange to have but I was not expecting this. (Finally sitting down to resume V)

Edit: also holy crap I suddenly have like 3x as many mechs as I have dispatch slots

How far are you?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MightyPretenders posted:

How far are you?

Going off his post it sounds like about the point where you get most of the Cross Ange units for the first time, so relatively early in the game from my recollection

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah. Mission 14.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Getsuya posted:

Yeah. Mission 14.

...Oh you are in for something, my friend.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The prologue of this mission was definitely Something and I hope not to run into too much more of that particular Something.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Getsuya posted:

The prologue of this mission was definitely Something and I hope not to run into too much more of that particular Something.

...Prepare to have your hopes dashed.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I just don’t want to watch any more kids die :(

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Getsuya posted:

Okay, well, you won't get that. I think, it's been a while since I played V, but I'm pretty sure they're the only kids who die on screen, I mean apart from all the kids who are probably dying because of the Feddies and Neo Zeeks fighting each other but we don't see them

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Getsuya posted:

Just be glad we'll probably never see Bokurano or Genocyber be added to the series in that regard

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Fafner's been in. I'm prepared for anything.

Though I'd prefer more cheerful and loving games like V.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I think I just realized a part of why I prefered V so much more than any of the OG games I've played. Enemy Variety. With Moon Dwellers its the same 4.5 factions for the entire game, and what felt like the most common one had only 3 unit types. Fighting the exact same enemies over and over, just this time on the generic forest map or the generic island map just sucked the fun out of beating them. Meanwhile V would go from Neo Zeon to the DG alliance to Angels to Dragons to Myceans within stages of each other, which really helped liven things up.

I mean in addition to having a cast who all tended to be interesting and actually pitch in and pipe up for the plot.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caphi posted:

Fafner's been in. I'm prepared for anything.

Though I'd prefer more cheerful and loving games like V.

It is great when they use Fafner because there are a billion secrets. I'm pretty sure you can end up saving every kid in that.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
MD is particularly bad for enemy variety.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Have there been any other rumored cast lists for the new SRW floating around online?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Have there been any other rumored cast lists for the new SRW floating around online?

There always are but nothing with any credibility behind it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Naruto and Sailor Moon are gonna be in it. Damndest thing, they won't even have original mechs. In fact, the only mech will be Franky from One Piece.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
The entire roster is gonna be combining robots and the last battle will be a one-on-one with all the good guys and all the bad guys fusing into giant conglomeration bots.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Generally if you don't see a Famitsu scan, you can probably assume any "Cast List Leak" you see is a fake, but even scans can be faked (really well sometimes) so it should still be taken with a grain of salt.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Nobody on the dev team would leak a real list because they want to enjoy their lives as much as possible before the inevitable crucifiction by angry fanboys whose favorite series got snubbed.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
somebody made a bot account

https://twitter.com/SRWsubtitlebot/status/938632065817309184

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
For those interested, the announcement's going to be ~17.5 hours from the time of this post, at 6 AM CST.

Nico link is here.

Youtube link is here.

Bandai-Namco channel link is here.

And there's a LINE link here.

So there's your four official streaming options.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Please choose very careful. Which of the four streams you watch will directly correspond with which of the four protagonists you'll be made to play as.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Schwarzwald posted:

Please choose very careful. Which of the four streams you watch will directly correspond with which of the four protagonists you'll be made to play as.

I'm the OC that's a spunky teenager with attitude. She flips out comedically at the slightest provocation and is insecure about her bust size, but you won't find anyone more fiercely loyal to her friends or ready to fight for what's right.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 10, 2017

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I have three hopes for tomorrow. If it's a mainline game, I hope we get a weird series inclusion that we can't figure out how they could make it work. If it's an OG, I hope they take some risks and redesign some mechs to mimic of those weird series inclusions. Give Masaki a synchro rate % why not. Turn the Fairylions into Aesties for unlimited EN.

Lastly, if I'm an OG I hope I'm the jerkass ace with a heart of gold who's lucky in robots and unlucky in love.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

LINE does streaming?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’m gonna liquor up and play EDF5 to get psyched.

Speaking of which, it’s time for EDF in SRW. Especially as of 5.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I have three hopes for tomorrow. If it's a mainline game, I hope we get a weird series inclusion that we can't figure out how they could make it work. If it's an OG, I hope they take some risks and redesign some mechs to mimic of those weird series inclusions. Give Masaki a synchro rate % why not. Turn the Fairylions into Aesties for unlimited EN.

Lastly, if I'm an OG I hope I'm the jerkass ace with a heart of gold who's lucky in robots and unlucky in love.

I really hope it's not an OG game, cause that will immediately make me lose all interest

Honestly I'm hoping that now that they have a way to sell the mainline series to the Western market that they'll just phase out the OG series, as I still think it's a massive waste of time and resources that could be spent on the licensed games

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

OG games make way more money than the licensed ones. They're not going to go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If they were making OG games to sell to the Western market, they would have gotten OGG and 2nd OGs at least over here.

• Locked thread