Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!

lazorexplosion posted:

lmfuckingao at the transition to 'well of course it isn't really a currency, it's a store of value' now that it's become obvious it's a hilariously terrible currency (of course it's also a hilariously terrible store of value). :allears:

It's neither a store of value nor a viable currency. It's a bubble to make money from, so make it while you still can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My coworker bought $500 worth of bitcoin last night. He wants to see where this ride goes. I showed him the thing about the $60 million going bye-bye, and he brushed it off, claiming the service he used is more secure.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Or ya know, today.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

for now I'll clean my graphics card :smith:

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Ohnonotme posted:

Nope, I am not him - this is the only account I have ever had on SA. I'm just posting my experiences because there is so much bullshit out there. And it's looking like Bitcoin may hit $14k soon - or it might collapse down to £6000.
Just look at the coindesk chart - that is ALL today. Up over 16%. https://www.coindesk.com/price/
I could cash out now and be happy, but I am a greedy, unpleasant man - so will just set my stop loss at about -30%, go to bed, and see what the morning brings.

TBH I kinda like this guy's style.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Please change the thread title to Bitcoin is at $14K TIA.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

its all nice on rice posted:

My coworker bought $500 worth of bitcoin last night. He wants to see where this ride goes. I showed him the thing about the $60 million going bye-bye, and he brushed it off, claiming the service he used is more secure.

My dad bought 500 a few months back and now has like 2000 bucks. I told him to only buy if he didn’t care about the money, and well...

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

My dad bought 500 a few months back and now has like 2000 bucks. I told him to only buy if he didn’t care about the money, and well...

2000 bucks in what, tether? good luck seeing that again. The EULA says they're non-redeemable for anything spendable :3

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea nicehash was hacked. Sucks for the people who didn't transfer out.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Stealthgerbil posted:

More like...

Nicehack.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
BTC DOMINANCE: 61.5%

DOMINATED
:dukedog:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
this is not normal

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

2000 bucks in what, tether? good luck seeing that again. The EULA says they're non-redeemable for anything spendable :3

Bitcoin, which might also crash any minute now

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stealthgerbil posted:

Sooooo, now is the time to buy?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ohnonotme posted:

Well, I took out $20k three weeks ago to buy a car - one day to get to Paypal, about a week for Paypal to make sure I wasn't money laundering, and then straight into my bank account.
I don't mess with altcoins as they are even worse than bitcoin in terms of volatility, but otherwise I'll trade anything on a CFD - oil, gold, companies on NASDAQ that I have never even heard of - and I'm walking away with money.

lol just post your savings account let's put our dicks on the table

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
like friend you realize that you haven't actually found the one weird trick to make tens of thousands risk free right

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer
So is Coinbase a “wallet”? If I gamble some shekels on Litecoin, can I just store it there (and hope it doesn’t get hacked)

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

this is not normal

it's once in a lifetime and lots of people, like those who trade on margin using traditional brokers, are going to watch their money die in a fire (paradoxically, even using bitfinex is safer, because it's not like they'll sue you when your balance goes negative)

on the other hand, if you had put in $6,000 to buy 1 btc when this thread was started two months ago and pulled out 25% after every 25% movement, you would now have $7,500 in the bank and about half a bitcoin

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Adar posted:

on the other hand, if you had put in $6,000 to buy 1 btc when this thread was started two months ago and pulled out 25% after every 25% movement, you would now have $7,500 in the bank and about half a bitcoin

with hindsight, this gamble was a sure winner!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I never invested and that sucks but I did cash out a lot of lols, and don't have to cope with suicidal thoughts from having what are now millions lost via scam like many.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am sure like a lot of other work places this dumb bitcoin stuff is all people talk about. Everyone has made all this money but nobody seems to have cashed out. I keep asking "Isn't that the point of risking the money, to cash out?" but everyone thinks they are smarter than system.

So Long Dental Plan
Jul 10, 2010

Ohnonotme posted:

I don't mess with altcoins as they are even worse than bitcoin in terms of volatility, but otherwise I'll trade anything on a CFD - oil, gold, companies on NASDAQ that I have never even heard of - and I'm walking away with money.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem like a particularly good idea.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is the dotcom bubble all over again, complete with brokerage ads that try to make you feel like poo poo if you're not trading.

Amd I don't mean BTC specifically at all.

Jonithen
Jul 23, 2008
It's cool guys I just bought a little which means the crash should be kicking in any minute now.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Sickening posted:

I am sure like a lot of other work places this dumb bitcoin stuff is all people talk about. Everyone has made all this money but nobody seems to have cashed out. I keep asking "Isn't that the point of risking the money, to cash out?" but everyone thinks they are smarter than system.

Cashed out 90% of mine and took my $6500 profit. Sure it'd be another $3500 today, but then again I saw it for sell at pennies per BTC and didn't buy any then either so I'm happy to have made what I did and gonna just let it go.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Aredna posted:

Cashed out 90% of mine and took my $6500 profit. Sure it'd be another $3500 today, but then again I saw it for sell at pennies per BTC and didn't buy any then either so I'm happy to have made what I did and gonna just let it go.

Most goons ITT: FAKE NEWS NO YOU DIDN'T

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I’m sorry I’ll need a bank statement specifying your Bitcoin gainz

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I’m sorry I’ll need a bank statement specifying your Bitcoin gainz
don't forget to have it notarized

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I installed brave browser. How do I use it to enrich and annoy Lowtax by making him deal with crypto?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

/r/bitcoin on why steam stopped supporting bitcoin

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

give me ALL the buttcoins

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Professor of Cats posted:

Most goons ITT: FAKE NEWS NO YOU DIDN'T

Hot takes like these are still as tiresome and wrong as they were last week

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Here is another for you then; stop gettin mad at bitcoins

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

much like your posts

boom got ya

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
haha steam has dropped bitcoin support

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/6/16743220/valve-steam-bitcoin-game-store-payment-method-crypto-volatility

edit: just went back and found this was already discussed, carry on

putin is a cunt fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 7, 2017

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Professor of Cats posted:

Here is another for you then; stop gettin mad at bitcoins

I don't see any posts that are mad at bitcoins, most of the posters are either buying/selling them or laughing at the dumb libertarians who constitute the core of the bitcoin community

e: The bitcoin mining thread has a guy who made his own milk crate out of thin pine wood in order to hold like 6 graphics cards that he planned on running 24/7 unattended with Nicehash, and then the Nicehash hack was announced. I pity anyone who can't laugh at that. Many of the people laughing at it have themselves pocketed hundreds of dollars running Nicehash.

This thread is basically a big hugbox of people actually making money on bitcoin while simultaneously laughing at bitcoiners (humorless dicks like Ham Sandwiches are self-excluded)

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 7, 2017

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I don't see any posts that are mad at bitcoins, most of the posters are either buying/selling them or laughing at the dumb libertarians who constitute the core of the bitcoin community

Quit getting mad about bitcoins!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016