Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

BBJoey posted:

gently caress i hate parliament

how much of taxpayers money has been spent - disregarding the survey - on letting these dipshits hold their weeks-long circus before passing marriage equality?

This, but for every bill. As if debating bills in the house actually changes anyone's voting intentions. The whole thing is just a giant wankfest for a bunch of self serving fuckheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Synthbuttrange posted:

unfortunately he wasnt home

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

“I haven’t seen too many people on the LGBTI community...to become great social advocates like I have the religious community.”

What?

Seriously, what?

That isn't a sentence.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i see that gastric bypass surgery is as effective as they say

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So have any amendments passed? Is there any carve out allowing people to discriminate?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Teddybear posted:

So have any amendments passed? Is there any carve out allowing people to discriminate?

All amendments defeated thus far

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Periphery posted:

This, but for every bill. As if debating bills in the house actually changes anyone's voting intentions. The whole thing is just a giant wankfest for a bunch of self serving fuckheads.

agreed, why the gently caress are politicians given free rein to give a speech on everything

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god Tony spare me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

And the 10% of people in that pub who are gay shuffle further into the closet.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I'm pleased that George isn't wasting taxpayer money on suits that fit him.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm pleased that George isn't wasting taxpayer money on suits that fit him.

He's certainly wasting enough money making Parliament listen to his hot air.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

quote:

The Australian government has defended a policy encouraging refugees held on Nauru to sever ties with their families – including relinquishing all rights to ever see their children – in order to be considered for resettlement in the US.

The immigration minister, Peter Dutton, said on Wednesday that Australia’s policy would not change but the UN children’s agency and parliamentarians have all urged Australia to uphold international law and the unity of families.

I hope there is a hell because Dutton deserves to spend an eternity there.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/dec/07/peter-dutton-defends-nauru-policy-after-refugees-told-to-separate-from-family

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Guardian liveblog on parliament today that people are posting quotes from is awesome all around:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2017/dec/07/politics-australia-marriage-equality-citizenship-turnbull-shorten

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That's future PM Dutton to you.

:shepicide:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

CrazyTolradi posted:

IIRC the rumours are that he knocked up a young staffer and he's currently living with his sister.

Young staffer knocked up, but he was cheating with more than one person, and had been for years. Which, when you think about it, means there were at least three people willing (presumably) to have sex with Joyce. If that isn't impetus for someone to reevaluate their life, I don't know what is.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

That's future PM Dutton to you.

:shepicide:

Someone with Abbot's charisma, Bernardi's grasp of which era they're in and Current Malcolm Turnbull's likability. I don't see him winning a lot of elections. The LNP is spectacularly out of touch, but even they've got to notice that Dutton might be the least likable person in the country.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Whitlam posted:

Young staffer knocked up, but he was cheating with more than one person, and had been for years. Which, when you think about it, means there were at least three people willing (presumably) to have sex with Joyce. If that isn't impetus for someone to reevaluate their life, I don't know what is.
I'm going to assume they're all willingly living in Tamworth so their judgement is already questionable at best.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm going to assume they're all willingly living in Tamworth so their judgement is already questionable at best.

Correlation = causation? :confused:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Taking bets on when Tim will concede

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Taking bets on when Tim will concede
They'll have to drag him screaming and kicking, he knows he'll be on the backbench by the end of summer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Can someone give me an example, just a single example, of a shitheel like this using "religious freedoms" where they don't mean "My ability to be a bigot".

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Andrew Broad is now moving his second lot of amendments.

“I haven’t seen too many people on the LGBTI community...to become great social advocates like I have the religious community.”

Well have you seen any LGBTI people fighting to see other sections of the community denied basic human rights?

Because I would think that's pretty loving telling, right there, about who is the real social advocate.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Shut the gently caress up turnbull. You did not help this.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It passed.

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

to 3rd reading

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

dj-bbq posted:

to 3rd reading

Which is a formality.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

About loving time

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

They're doing a division on the 3rd reading because two dickheads yelled out "no", and a few others are also voting no.

https://twitter.com/lanesainty/status/938663364917469184

FauxR34L
Feb 27, 2005
Serious Business

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They're doing a division on the 3rd reading because two dickheads yelled out "no".

lmao at Goodenough(?) sitting up the back by himself

Putrid Dog
Feb 13, 2012

"God, I wish I was dead!"

drunkill posted:

Shut the gently caress up turnbull. You did not help this.

Exactly my thought. Shorten's speech shat all over Turnbull's in sincerity.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/938663617309827072

A few others (like Abbott and Andrews) didn't show up.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Which is a formality.
Pretty much, it's like saying "But it still needs royal assent" because it's not like the Rubber-Stamp General is going to refuse to sign it.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
WE DID IT REDDIT

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Well done Queensland, you shithole of a state that I constantly have to apologise for being from :downsbravo:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

NSW once again proves its superiority to VIC :smuggo:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
We are now neck and neck with VIC and NSW for shittest state

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

why would a libertarian vote no?

head of the anticharity commission has been named

quote:

Writing in the Australian in 2014, Johns said: “If a person’s sole source of income is the taxpayer, the person, as a condition of benefit, must have contraception. No contraception, no benefit.”

Appearing on TV with the rightwing commentator Andrew Bolt in 2015, Johns reportedly described Aboriginal women on welfare as “cash cows”. “Look, a lot of poor women in this country, a large proportion of whom are Aboriginal, are used as cash cows, right?” Fairfax Media reported Johns as saying. “They are kept pregnant and producing children for the cash. Now, that has to stop.”

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It'll be interesting to see the list of abstains. Or should it be known as "shitabstains" am I rite?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/938667797265006592

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

You'd think he could at least afford a jacket that fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

If a person’s sole source of income is the taxpayer, the person, as a condition of benefit, must have contraception. No contraception, no benefit.

Political eugenics sounds fun.

• Locked thread