Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was watching a challenger Xerath one trick in silver 5 completely pussypounding a hopeless low elo Fizz (his hardest counter) just this morning

Skill trumps meta in 99.999% of cases

You can dominate in Silver on any champion in any lane if you know what you’re doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
sadistic otaku punishes you for your in game performance [sph, joi, rank shaming]

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

as your local morgana expert: shes busted AS gently caress rigfht now. you can have multiple black pools up at the same time. she will be nerfed very quickly, maybe even hotfix nerfed. shes at 58% winrate mid.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

as your local morgana expert: shes busted AS gently caress rigfht now. you can have multiple black pools up at the same time. she will be nerfed very quickly, maybe even hotfix nerfed. shes at 58% winrate mid.

Yeah, wasn't quite sure what they were thinking with the 5% cdr on her w... per tick... on a ability that ticks 2 times or more per second.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Glad my most played champ got buffed, can't wait to get Morg bans once people realize she's strong again

Also here's your blistering silver balance hot take for the morning: Galio did not need more damage

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tryndamere is still strong just by virtue of his kit. Just stomped a Kayle into the ground because my R is better than her R.

Still uncertain of what keystone I actually want, given they all seem absolutely god awful.

E: Oh and since I was meaning to try it Morgana can solo clear Blue -> Wolves -> Red with ~30% HP in 1:40. Leash out the gate should push that time forward by 15-20 seconds. Could be fun to test.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 7, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

people with the proper game knowledge to get to mid-high diamond by themselves are worth 2-3 silver players

This reminds me of almost 10 years ago a guy in a PVP WoW guild who only played with you if you could smurf through the 1800s Rating (which was like Gold 5, I think) by solo 1v2ing while he AFK'd. The moment I saw my Priest friend do it against a Priest/Lock was pretty impressive.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

See, and when I read that "5% CDR stacking" I figured it had to be a typo or something because there's no way they'd let that stick around.

Anyway this is been your daily "riot what the gently caress balance something please" post from a high silver/low gold player.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Boxman posted:

See, and when I read that "5% CDR stacking" I figured it had to be a typo or something because there's no way they'd let that stick around.

Anyway this is been your daily "riot what the gently caress balance something please" post from a high silver/low gold player.

yeah i have no idea how they let this happen. shes op in jungle and mid and competing with leona for op support

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sounds like I need to get on this train and get a few wins.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wasn't kennen also a ADC pick until nerfs swiftly came in?

kenner was an off meta adc pick since like season 3, guy has an escape, a self peeling ult, cc, and a thing you can provide easy with Hella lid esteal

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hotfix incoming

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Hotfix incoming

champion.gg's reporting a 60% winrate for her in mid, which I think is genuinely unprecedented.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Teikanmi posted:

Hotfix incoming

Morgana?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Vermain posted:

champion.gg's reporting a 60% winrate for her in mid, which I think is genuinely unprecedented.

60% isn't unprecedented. I'm pretty sure there was a variation of skarner that hit 65% for a while.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know what I'm playing tonight, said I, the walking garbage can of an idiot rear end in a top hat.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Morg's previous problem as a midlaner was two things: her waveclear kinda sucked, especially against cannon waves, and her utility in teamfights was almost entirely limited to landing a Q, dropping a Soil, and maybe running in and hitting R if you're feeling spicy. With the changes, waveclear is no longer an issue, and you can get 2-3 Soils rolling easily in larger teamfights, which is devastating against clumped teams.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Vermain posted:

Skarner is still the true king of bullshit with his 64% winrate once upon a time but yeah, this is getting up there

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Plus if you build health items on her she’s also a capable off tank.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Plus if you build health items on her she’s also a capable off tank.

I know you're 'memeing' but roa liandrys zhonyas gives you huge staying power in combination with the spell vamp

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
wuh oh boys

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/7i5ofx/morgana_mid_has_nearly_25000_games_played_in_this/

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rip 60% Winrate Morgana 12-6-17 to 12-7-17

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I actually hadn't even considered using the chickens for healing. That's hilarious.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Is a hotfix confirmed?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the last 60% midlaner was Ahri in season 5 when they removed DFG and buffed her a bunch in compensation even though DFG wasn't actually important on her

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Vermain posted:

Morg's previous problem as a midlaner was two things: her waveclear kinda sucked, especially against cannon waves, and her utility in teamfights was almost entirely limited to landing a Q, dropping a Soil, and maybe running in and hitting R if you're feeling spicy. With the changes, waveclear is no longer an issue, and you can get 2-3 Soils rolling easily in larger teamfights, which is devastating against clumped teams.

dude her waveclear has always been among the best in the game, now it's just completely loving broken

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

How Rude posted:

dude her waveclear has always been among the best in the game, now it's just completely loving broken

Yeah I don't understand what game the guy you're quoting was playing

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the entire history of this game Morgana has always been my go-to champion when my last-hitting was bad and I wanted to make sure I hit 10+ cs per minute without any effort or thought whatsoever.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

How Rude posted:

Yeah, "sucked" was too hyperbolic from me. A better way of putting it is that she's struggled in the past against fast waveclear champs like Taliyah and Syndra who can hard shove or reposition minion waves, since it disrupts W's effectiveness. This was especially the case on cannon waves. The changes to W's recharge makes it so that she struggles less on cannon waves, and can also use W for harass/zoning the backline in lane without losing out as much, which killed two of her laning issues with one stone.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

That's fairer (I remember getting outshoved by Taliyah before her mana costs got nerfed), but there are very few champions that can keep up with her in waveclear without OOMing. She can even keep pace with some of the really cancerous perma-shovers like Heimerdinger or Malzahar without much difficulty.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

JuniperCake posted:

60% isn't unprecedented. I'm pretty sure there was a variation of skarner that hit 65% for a while.

quinn was literally the top winning champ in every single role at one point

i feel like graves was 4/5 at one point too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Rank shaming is perfectly valid, silvers and golds are really vocal about balance and really bad and people with the proper game knowledge to get to mid-high diamond by themselves are worth 2-3 silver players and can run consistent 90% winrates in the lower leagues.

I hear something along these lines every day or two and I swear I'm going to snap if I got to listen to another wood league player spend 20 minutes talking about how his lane opponents champion is "so op" "does so much damage" "I can't do anything to him" "riot can't balance anything" like it's the first time anyone has ever seen that champion in the game before as he continues to die and feed the middling strength pick like mundo, trundle or mordekaiser or whatever.

its frustrating playing with a friend who constantly complains about pick ban and how op whatever champ on the enemy team that is doing well is. 99.9% of the time we just lost. poo poo happens.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Fleet footwork and overheal is a pretty nice combination for Vayne this patch. Press the Attack losing a bunch of damage from W procs and the buffs to those two other runes make it a pretty decent sell.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Fleet footwork and overheal is a pretty nice combination for Vayne this patch. Press the Attack losing a bunch of damage from W procs and the buffs to those two other runes make it a pretty decent sell.

Yeah, I think Fleet's the best rune you can take on Vayne right now. The current state of botlane is pretty atrocious for her; she's always been weak to getting poked out, and that's been amplified a hundredfold in preseason. Fleet helps to keep you in lane and is good for chasing and kiting later on.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to play on the one day Morgana was totally broken.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

What was the hotfix

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

What was the hotfix

Morgana nerfs, what else could it be? 8 less HP per level, +2 cd on W and her passive healing's now a static 20% at all levels. Possibly enough to sink her as a midlaner again.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 8, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I don’t enjoy being forced to take klepto but I do enjoy playing ez with a 53% winrate. Beats 46%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Aumanor posted:

Morgana nerfs, what else could it be? 8 less HP per level, +2 cd on W and her passive healing's now a static 20% at all levels. Possibly enough to sink her as a midlaner again.

jesus, wasn't her original passive already 20% spell vamp? So now her passive is just worse than it was before?