Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

the spyder posted:

Walked into work today and it smelled like a a dozen homeless people threw up after eating at the discount sushi train across the street, hit up the closest Mexican restaurant for seconds, and washed it down with the finest $2 buck chuck.

Turns out it was an electrical fire in the buildings main breaker panels from 1948 and there's the chance we might loose power at any minute.

Good thing we have backups. Oh wait... that's next years budget.

You should see the panel at the local shop that builds ute trays, cattle feeders etc. It is without doubt the oldest bit of electrics I have seen in service. I bet it was there when the town was still running off the diesel generator. They are running welders, plasma cutters I think, and various other cutting and machining tools off it. How it hasn't gone up in flames I don't know.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Or kick it in a cafe on the water

Yeah, um. No. Looks good though!

I'm sure Australians are aware of the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scam Scheme). Long story short it would seem there are a lot of applications in limbo because a phone call needs to be made to the NDIA for confirmation. The letters that were sent out months ago state that poo poo's all good and to wait for a phone call from them to discuss needs. So we have people waiting for a phone call that never comes because they have to make a phone call that was never mentioned. :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh hey you can now get same sex married in australia.

About drat loving time.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh hey you can now get same sex married in australia.

About drat loving time.

Yep. I was fully expecting some crusty old troll to throw a spanner in the works at the last minute. Somehow it didn't happen. I guess very occasionally the government can be pressured into doing what the majority want.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
There is six inches of snow on my driveway. :(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

There's a broken fiat on mine. I win. Or lose, not sure...

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Ok, I'll come clean, I still have one use for Twitter. Japanese bird accounts.

https://twitter.com/pechigin/status/920905804563099648

:parrot: PARTY HARD :parrot:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MrChips posted:

Thing that everyone can agree is fun and cool = The Sheep Game!
The more of you who play, the better and more fun the answers are...come play today!
I have mine halfway done, I'll get it finished up....eventually

mekilljoydammit posted:

If you're anywhere but Wisconsin, I can't recommend beer cheese soup highly enough. *edit* If you're from here, you probably know.

Dice up about an onion, couple carrots, couple cloves of garlic, bay leaf and a couple stalks of celery, and sautee them in about half a stick of butter... more's fine too. Once they're kinda soft, stir in about a 3rd cup of flour, roux style and keep stirring it around. Bottle of beer (pale ale of some sort, IPA is too hoppy) two cups of milk and two cups (ish) of chicken stock, let it get hot again (don't let it boil) then tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, teaspoon of mustard powder, some salt and pepper. Then melt in about a pound and a half of shredded cheddar.

Good stuff. Should be right on the verge of congealing but not quite.
YES

redgubbinz posted:

Ok, I'll come clean, I still have one use for Twitter. Japanese bird accounts.
https://twitter.com/pechigin/status/920905804563099648
:parrot: PARTY HARD :parrot:
https://i.imgur.com/aiiU77e.mp4

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o

Unrelated: Our youngest (7mo) is basically not sleeping lately. Hooray. We leave for DisneyWorld tomorrow. RIP me.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

NitroSpazzz posted:

I have mine halfway done, I'll get it finished up....eventually

YES

https://i.imgur.com/aiiU77e.mp4

I can hear the audio clipping just looking at this gif.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Only thing missing is the blaring sounds of a vuvuzela.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait for it, WOMBO COMBO BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

It was snowing when I got into the car to go to work this morning. In Texas, when it was 60+F two days ago. It was very light, and it won’t do anything since it’s in the low 40s today, but it was snowing.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Beverly Cleavage posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o

Unrelated: Our youngest (7mo) is basically not sleeping lately. Hooray. We leave for DisneyWorld tomorrow. RIP me.

Why would you bring a 7mo to Disneyworld?? :gonk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I should have kept my mouth shut about 2017. A friend of mine has a brain tumor. He had a seizure while driving to work and crashed. Woke up in the ER, had no idea where he was, how he got there etc. They released him and he had a seizure in the parking lot. Head scanny tests showed a mass in his head. Waiting to hear back on what happens next.

Also a "friend" got released from prison last week and has been trying to get me to hang out and it's really not a time in my life I want to revisit.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Midniter posted:

Why would you bring a 7mo to Disneyworld?? :gonk:

Because my 5 and 3 yo...
Bring one, bring them all.

edit: There's a little more to it than that, but that's the basis for it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Also a "friend" got released from prison last week and has been trying to get me to hang out and it's really not a time in my life I want to revisit.

Eh whats the worst that could happen

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Is she hot?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well he's a guy so

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Well he's a guy so

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Well he's a guy so

She. Sounds. Hideous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I might have just bought a Kia Spectra without seeing it in person.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Shoulda hung out with your friend

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I thought you were making good choices in life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I thought you were making good choices in life.

I wanted a disposable car to daily so I can sell the other cars. I've been rapid fire making offers on poo poo boxes all morning. The Spectra's better than the Rio right? LoL.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

Shoulda hung out with your friend

Not emptyquotin'

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I wanted a disposable car to daily so I can sell the other cars. I've been rapid fire making offers on poo poo boxes all morning. The Spectra's better than the Rio right? LoL.

Rhyno -- hell-bent on making 2017 come crashing down in flames. Godspeed, Rhyno.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
The Rio is literally a Festiva/Aspire.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

this might be your most harebrained car idea yet

lol at buying a whole other car to avoid door dings

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Yes, it is. Bigger, anyway. We're happy with out 2008 Spectra5, owned since new. In fact, I just dropped $800 on it at Rock Auto for struts, lewer control arms (because I'm lazy and don't want to gently caress with pressing bushings) and brake pads. Figured it was about time for the suspension stuff. It's getting squishy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

this might be your most harebrained car idea yet

lol at buying a whole other car to avoid door dings

I want to drive something I don't give a gently caress about.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why don't you get something better like a Camry or something if you're gonna DD it every day.

I had to DD a Kia for a year and it kinda sucked.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

I want to drive something I don't give a gently caress about.

Stop giving a gently caress about your speed6, then.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Dagen H posted:

The Rio is literally a Festiva/Aspire.

except heavy and it handles poorly and a bunch of the good Mazda bits were replaced with crappy Hyundai bits
Still a better car than the Spectra though

Edit: only 00-05 though, 06+ rio is a good car

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 7, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Stop giving a gently caress about your speed6, then.

He's going to sell it tho. I'd probably do the same thing, but I would not buy a complete shitbox.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

He's going to sell it tho. I'd probably do the same thing, but I would not buy a complete shitbox.

Exactly, the car is still worth enough in it's current condition to sell it hopefully to some dumb kid who wants that AWD life bro. I'll keep the Miata for a while but I just want something I can smash into other cars in parking lots and not give a gently caress. A shitbox is the best option for that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Perhaps don't smash your car into other cars in the parking lot?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
whole lotta :thunk: goin on here

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just ordered 3 new heater cartridges and 5 thermistors from Amazon and it got split up into 8 shipments :psyduck:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I just ordered 3 new heater cartridges and 5 thermistors from Amazon and it got split up into 8 shipments :psyduck:

I honestly expected you to say 10 shipments.

Today I have learned that KIA owners are so miserable that they will accept pretty much any lowball offer for their cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

So I just looked up a heater cartridge and I still don't understand what they are.

• Locked thread