Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol I just melted a Captain America and a Striker super one right after another to get my milestone and I’m out

How the hell did this get past QA?

Everyone who plays pvp at bungie loving sucks is probably how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

reddit is pretty lol atm

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

actionjackson posted:

reddit is pretty lol atm

Look man, if you're gonna say something's 'pretty lol,' at least put out more effort than bungie and actually post some quotes. :colbert:

seriously, I don't wanna read reddit :(

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

Look man, if you're gonna say something's 'pretty lol,' at least put out more effort than bungie and actually post some quotes. :colbert:

seriously, I don't wanna read reddit :(

I just went. It is comedic as balls. Every post is pushing a portapottie over on the game and CoO.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So how exactly is the Prometheus Lens broken? Do you need to let it spin up or something. Is there a way I should use it when I go in?

It does 300% damage in crucible due to some bug related to PvP tick rate. Opponents melt in under half a second, before it even ramps up. If there is an group of 3 enemies, the charge time from the first kill means you can kill scrubs 2 and 3 in just a further half second.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

cvnvcnv posted:

I just went. It is comedic as balls. Every post is pushing a portapottie over on the game and CoO.

Oh come on, it can't be tha-

quote:

TOP VOTED!
SGA // See Comments : You can get Sony/MS to refund your purchase thanks to CoO (stop being shills mods. This is pertinent info.)

:thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think I’m getting close to the end of Osiris and... I’m kinda having fun? Having never played D1 I don’t have anything to compare against but man I’m really loving the sci fi aesthetic the game has. Especially the mercury / vex / forest setting. This is pretty much hitting the spot D3 seasons had for me: play it, hit some number on the gear, never touch again until the season resets.

Did a bunch of public events today as well and started to pick up on the triggers to turn the heroic. That was a neat mechanic and one of the things I hated about the campaign (vast endless hallways getting anywhere) is negated once now that I have my bike so getting places is fun too. The only thing I haven’t looked much into is mods and the different damage types. I just use whatever has the highest number.

Is there a current PS4 clan that’s open? I’d love to try some of the harder content with goons.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Hoping for the comedy “trials is still on, but Xur has Prometheus lens the first week of the expansion” option.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think I’m getting close to the end of Osiris and... I’m kinda having fun? Having never played D1 I don’t have anything to compare against but man I’m really loving the sci fi aesthetic the game has. Especially the mercury / vex / forest setting. This is pretty much hitting the spot D3 seasons had for me: play it, hit some number on the gear, never touch again until the season resets.

Did a bunch of public events today as well and started to pick up on the triggers to turn the heroic. That was a neat mechanic and one of the things I hated about the campaign (vast endless hallways getting anywhere) is negated once now that I have my bike so getting places is fun too. The only thing I haven’t looked much into is mods and the different damage types. I just use whatever has the highest number.

Is there a current PS4 clan that’s open? I’d love to try some of the harder content with goons.

Look up clan Moon Wizard Alpha and I'll get u rollin

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I don't have the DLC. Can someone tell me what's wrong with it?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Agoat posted:

It's just more stuff and also one of the new weapons is legit broken in PvP.

If you're looking for more stuff, great! If you're looking for an update that will give you reasons to keep doing the old stuff, wait on it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Agoat posted:

It’s short, lazy, and completely oriented around loot boxes. The only non reskin guns are gated behind farming for chest drops that only spawn about 60% of the time. Also it released with a gun that has broken pvp.

On the plus side it is pretty and sounds great, and a few of the levels are fun as hell to play.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Flytrap posted:

It's just more stuff and also one of the new weapons is legit broken in PvP.

If you're looking for more stuff, great! If you're looking for an update that will give you reasons to keep doing the old stuff, wait on it.

I haven't even had the game a week. I don't mind getting the DLC but I don't want a repeat of D1's early DLC.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It’s short, lazy, and completely oriented around loot boxes. The only non reskin guns are gated behind farming for chest drops that only spawn about 60% of the time. Also it released with a gun that has broken pvp.

On the plus side it is pretty and sounds great, and a few of the levels are fun as hell to play.

I imagine Bungie will fix the gun pretty quick, but the rest might be a while. Reddit says there's like no content?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Seems about the same amount of actual content as TDB or HOW, also depends on how crappy the raid lair is. But with shittier pvp so take that as you will.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Agoat posted:

I haven't even had the game a week. I don't mind getting the DLC but I don't want a repeat of D1's early DLC.

I imagine Bungie will fix the gun pretty quick, but the rest might be a while. Reddit says there's like no content?

I'd say probably a bit better than the Crota dlc, but the biggest thing is going to be how the new raid thingy is.

The story is like 8 missions, although one is basically just the lite-version of the pyramidion and another is I guess a new strike-lite as well. Decently fun, final boss is pretty cool, some amazing scenery. Story's meh.

Lots of grind for the new forge weapons.

Loooots of stuff in eververse. Some cool stuff but drat, like give us a bone and don't put all the cosmetic poo poo in there, you know? And honestly now the exotic ghosts are straight gameplay upgrades over the legendaries, so,

Its more destiny, and that's cool, but it doesn't address the issues people may or may not have. Like pvp in general, or loot chasing or whatever. Also there's a big hubbub about content getting locked out but like, that poo poo happened back in D1 too so I dunno why anyone's surprised.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

acumen posted:

Seems about the same amount of actual content as TDB or HOW, also depends on how crappy the raid lair is. But with shittier pvp so take that as you will.

nah way more story content at least than TDB or HOW. Well HOW had the prison so it wins there, but TDB was seriously like three missions, a strike (or two) and the raid.

COO has 8 fairly lengthy missions, three adventures (including heroic), a small new play area, a strike or two and raid lair.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
How much of the new content in COO is raid focused? I hate raids, so if a lot of it is fated behind that I'm gonna pass.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

acumen posted:

I mean, the elephant in the room is that it was lovely back then, too.

Destiny DLC has always been overpriced for the content we're getting and by historical standards this expansion is actually better than The Dark Below because it didn't make the previous raid irrelevant. It's just that this level of content is also just not acceptable.

If Destiny 2 didn't release with so many problems I would've been willing to wait for January or February for a better expansion, but they've created themselves a paradox - Destiny 2 launched with so little vision or ambition that it pissed everyone off for being worse than Destiny 1, but they couldn't reasonably create enough content to fix that problem in the time they have nor could they change the schedule. Combine that with PR disasters like the XP throttling or locking players out of the loving vanilla raid (lmao) and Bungie has basically ensured that no one is giving them good will or the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I mean poo poo half the Destiny youtubers have packed up and left, poo poo's hosed up man.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Mazerunner posted:

I'd say probably a bit better than the Crota dlc, but the biggest thing is going to be how the new raid thingy is.

The story is like 8 missions, although one is basically just the lite-version of the pyramidion and another is I guess a new strike-lite as well. Decently fun, final boss is pretty cool, some amazing scenery. Story's meh.

Lots of grind for the new forge weapons.

Loooots of stuff in eververse. Some cool stuff but drat, like give us a bone and don't put all the cosmetic poo poo in there, you know? And honestly now the exotic ghosts are straight gameplay upgrades over the legendaries, so,

Its more destiny, and that's cool, but it doesn't address the issues people may or may not have. Like pvp in general, or loot chasing or whatever. Also there's a big hubbub about content getting locked out but like, that poo poo happened back in D1 too so I dunno why anyone's surprised.

I see people getting full refunds on the base game, I imagine some sort of change is on the way.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

How much of the new content in COO is raid focused? I hate raids, so if a lot of it is fated behind that I'm gonna pass.

Shortest "raid" ever, perhaps. The new content is loot box focused.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

reddit is pretty lol atm

Bungie is hiring someone to work on Eververse and this is literally the worst thing ever

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

deadwing posted:

Bungie is hiring someone to work on Eververse and this is literally the worst thing ever

The listing itself, is just, well:
https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/938163/senior-progression-designer---live

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

lol

yeah they probably need to hire a new guy because whoever is responsible for this:

and

is probably doing it wrong

(:smugdon:)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol

yeah they probably need to hire a new guy because whoever is responsible for this:

and

suck my rear end !!! i haven't gotten either of them!!!!!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

i gotten jack poo poo! some crap hunter arms!!

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Having myself a hearty chortle.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Played through the new DLC. Was underwhelmed, same problems with the base game. Loaded up the Division and that has really turned it around. Guess that's my holiday jam now.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol

and

Suck my dick you fuckman

(I want Crimson so bad :()

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
3 Aeon Safe arms in a row .... gently caress you bunch of useless cunts bungie

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TG-Chrono posted:

Played through the new DLC. Was underwhelmed, same problems with the base game. Loaded up the Division and that has really turned it around. Guess that's my holiday jam now.

I played The Division at release and like it enough. It delivers on the feeling to be in a frozen city full of nasty people that would kill you for your footgear. And a lot of guns.

But the enemy variety is lacking, is always humanoids, and the weapon variety is lacking too. And theres not environmental destruction or other fun gimmick like a grapple hook. No dark vision gloves or enough spytech to add to the game a feel of "many toys". Weapons suffer from this a lot too.

Then the expansions could be sell has "get your rear end frozen more". The Division really needs a Golem Lava enemy or something around fire. Fun because they had the cleaners, these guys could have made for a awesome faction by amping to 11 the fire theme. But is kind of tame, maybe because the game graphics are loving amazing but that has a price: they can't change, so is all a bit stale.

Even a bad Destiny game gets some absolutely brilliant moments. Yesterday I had some public events where 6 people where helping to do the event, and the explosions / supers pw pw pw filled the screen with light and colours and sounds. And Synesthesia Orgasm. It was pretty entertaining.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
At least in TDB there was still mats to grind for leveling up weapons and the weapons still had random rolls so you could still chase carrots. When you get a weapon in D2 you just shrug and it is what it is, no element of surprise.

Also tdb didn't introduce "new exotics" that were 60% repeats of old gear with minor changes at best

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Sucks seeing a game with so much potential squandered like this.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Hopeful post: What if they want someone to come in and do loot boxes right? As in only useless cosmetic stuff with some fun goodies?

No? Okay. :(

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
They gave that one guy with a brain tumor a custom exotic gun, what are they gonna do for the hundred thousand that are having an aneurysm in r/DTG

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

They gave that one guy with a brain tumor a custom exotic gun, what are they gonna do for the hundred thousand that are having an aneurysm in r/DTG

Custom loot box

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Loot boxes are meant to be desirable and drive player engagement, wow, who would have thought that

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

What? They gave someone a radiation therapy gun? Prometheus Lens as shipped?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Love to Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2’s Bright Engram.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

What? They gave someone a radiation therapy gun? Prometheus Lens as shipped?

Yeah, that happened. It was a scout rifle called Fate Of All Fools that was present in the game data but not in any drop table; he's the only person who will ever have it. The reason it wasn't in any drop table is that it's unfinished and buggy (the exotic perk is supposed to be sort of like headseeker but it doesn't work properly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh. Ikora, uh, you can just casually fly/float in place indefinitely? That's a thing now?

Thiiiink maybe you could teach that to your fellow warlock, sister? I mean you did just call me your friend, maybe you could share a few tricks of the trade?