Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Xander77 posted:

Started the game and got a little message telling me that a person I reported got banned.

1. :)

2. Is that a new thing, or is this the first time anyone I reported in my years of playing TF2 got banned?
I wanna say it's relatively recent, within the last year or two. As to why you saw it now, Valve caught a cheat and did a big ban wave a couple of days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Demo would have two kinds of pipe launcher. Come on now.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Demo OP, nerf demo

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I've been saying for years that you should be able to equip a secondary instead of a primary. The only class I could see that being that broken on would be a sniper with SMG and Piss. But even then, that means he's not a sniper making one shot instakills from across the map so I think that's a fair trade off. Demo with stickies and targe would be.. I imagine kinda tricky to play as.. since any time you charge, you lose your stickies, and anytime you detonate stickies, you're going to charge unless your charge isn't full. But then when I've suggested the idea in the past I've said not to include demoman in because of the alt fire conflicts.

The whole idea is purely so I can play pyro with flare and shotgun anyway, and maybe try that Piss SMG sniper thing..

Dabir posted:

Demo would have two kinds of pipe launcher. Come on now.

Booties and Parachutey? I'd take the cannon or ironbomber and one of those two perhaps. I can jump pretty consistantly well with both.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Demoman with stickylauncher and stickyjumper :getin:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
honestly, demoman with sticky launcher and festive stickybomb launcher just sounds insane

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
2 scottish resistances. 28 stickybombs.

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
A ScoRes and the parachute would own.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The game's structure and balance is pretty drat heavily based on having the primary/secondary/melee weapons in their current combination.

They did remove most of the extraneous stuff from TFC because it overcomplicated the base classes with higher learning curves. (and also because grenades took over the game)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Inescapable Duck posted:

They did remove most of the extraneous stuff from TFC because it overcomplicated the base classes with higher learning curves. (and also because grenades took over the game)
Yeah, TF2 is definitely an sleek and simple game that is easy to grasp. Each class has an iconic outline, color profile, and only three weapons.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I never said that they necessarily stuck to the original plan. They just chose to overcomplicate it in different ways.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

pgroce posted:

A ScoRes and the parachute would own.

You can do that on the Demo already. The parachute replaces his grenade launcher.

Also, the pyro's jetpack is interesting in MvM, you can stun and freeze an entire group of robots all at once. The gas can is broke as hell and I hope it never gets fixed. I'm usually middle damage of the scoreboard, I used it and the dragon's fury and had nearly 3 times the amount of damage as the next person on the board. That's nuts!

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
It sounds like its fine in MvM but using the gas can in other game modes is booty. The AoE coverage is so small its useless as area denial and leaves you vulnerable while weapon swapping. Does anyone use it with any actual success outside of casual?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
The only value I can see for it is pushes in choke points but even then.. Maybe if the other team's got an rear end in a top hat pyro you just can't outshotgun maybe..

I also find the slap pretty useless too.. That said combining the backburner and the jetpack is a lot of fun.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I like using the gascan when I’m on cart defense. Hitting the cart with three people pushing and then jumping in and burn em all.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I just wished it's regenerating mechanic made more sense. all the other classes with that kinda thing, it's regens over time and you always start with one, and you can always get one from the respawn locker. But nope, the pyro has it regen like a throwable, albeit really slowly. But damage increases it too like banners. And it starts off empty like a banner, and you can't replenish it from a locker like a banner. Except it's a throwable. But if you die it doesn't reset the counter, which is not like anything else in the game. :psyduck:

It kinda bugs me how the gas can is the only weapon that doesn't get reset by dying and respawning. Part of the pyro transcends death and resurection, and it's the gland that produces flammable gas in jerry cans. Is it the pyro's pee?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The gas can is the 2nd urine weapon in the game team fortress the 2nd

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What do you think Bonk! is?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

triplepiss

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Isotopes

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Electrolytes.

Tale
Jul 31, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Sure, toss me a message at -SNIP- . I don't have plat, so that's probably why I don't have PMs.
I don't have the Kazotsky Kick either, so it doesn't really matter to me whatever I put up, and they do seem to be worth about the same.

This trade finally happened after Valve's hold on my ability to trade the item finally wore off. I used the unusualifier on my kazotsky kick and...

I forgot to take an image of the name as I applied it, but I got the '72 effect. Honestly, I like it. Teammates seem to like the disco ball too because the past few games I've manage to get nearly everyone in spawn to join in during the setup time. The '72 effect on the kazotsky kick also seems to be worth more than the unusualifier itself, so all in all I'm happy with the results.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tale posted:

This trade finally happened after Valve's hold on my ability to trade the item finally wore off. I used the unusualifier on my kazotsky kick and...

I forgot to take an image of the name as I applied it, but I got the '72 effect. Honestly, I like it. Teammates seem to like the disco ball too because the past few games I've manage to get nearly everyone in spawn to join in during the setup time. The '72 effect on the kazotsky kick also seems to be worth more than the unusualifier itself, so all in all I'm happy with the results.
Yeah, that's probably one of the best outcomes you could hope for, congrats.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

There are Jetpacks in the game now?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Flying around has been the best part of the game right from day 1.

But yeah, now Pyro can also get in on the fun.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Slime posted:

triplepiss

Not emptyquoting.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I didn't realise that the Quick-Fix lets Medics bomb jump along with their healing target. That's almost half the classes in the game able to fly. More if you count sentry jumping.

I need to figure that out one of these days. And remember that sentry friendly fire exists. An engineer blown up by he own sentry, a shameful engineer.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jabor posted:

Flying around has been the best part of the game right from day 1.

But yeah, now Pyro can also get in on the fun.

You mean you never went wild with the detonator? I used to jump over the heads of others with that and it always elicited a small pause of surprise :D

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I didn't realise that the Quick-Fix lets Medics bomb jump along with their healing target. That's almost half the classes in the game able to fly. More if you count sentry jumping.

I need to figure that out one of these days. And remember that sentry friendly fire exists. An engineer blown up by he own sentry, a shameful engineer.

I think you forgot scout. Soda popper lets you fly like a bird and the FaN is a jetpack you can shoot people with.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

This will quickly become your new favorite medigun.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
After watching a few of Muselk's vids on the game fortnite battle royale, and wandering around a Trade server with an updated version of gm_BigCity. I kinda wanna see TF2 get a battlegrounds game mode.

Have everyone use something like that one mercenary player model and start off with demoman or soldier stats and just a melee weapon.

Let them use the all class cosmetics, and whatever other ones might fit, and have the weapons be all the different tf2 weapons littered around the map. The map would probably be kinda small though due to engine limitations, ah well let valve figure that out, I'm sure the engine can handle it. :downs:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

QwertySanchez posted:

After watching a few of Muselk's vids on the game fortnite battle royale,
Huh. So someone basically looked at PUBGS, and decided to combine it with Minecraft / some other construction game? Oh, and with a weird semi-cartoony-but-not-really artstyle?

Perfect X-Box game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

After watching a few of Muselk's vids on the game fortnite battle royale, and wandering around a Trade server with an updated version of gm_BigCity. I kinda wanna see TF2 get a battlegrounds game mode.

Have everyone use something like that one mercenary player model and start off with demoman or soldier stats and just a melee weapon.

Let them use the all class cosmetics, and whatever other ones might fit, and have the weapons be all the different tf2 weapons littered around the map. The map would probably be kinda small though due to engine limitations, ah well let valve figure that out, I'm sure the engine can handle it. :downs:

I remember when the Righteous Bison came out I liked the idea of the Soldier having a pistol secondary but also hating that they gave him the Incorrect Pistol Grip pose for his model, and this photo just reminded me of that. I think the Soldier would know better than to cup the bottom of his shooting hand this way.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Reiley posted:

I remember when the Righteous Bison came out I liked the idea of the Soldier having a pistol secondary but also hating that they gave him the Incorrect Pistol Grip pose for his model, and this photo just reminded me of that. I think the Soldier would know better than to cup the bottom of his shooting hand this way.

I don't think Soldier was ever actually in the military.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Listen, if he knows how to build his own rocket launcher out of old plumbing fixtures and garbage I'm sure he knows how to stabilize a pistol.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Reiley posted:

Listen, if he knows how to build his own rocket launcher out of old plumbing fixtures and garbage I'm sure he knows how to stabilize a pistol.

By relentlessly yelling at the pistol to break down its self esteem so that you can build it back up as a member of the greatest fighting machine known to man?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
He thinks shooting his feet with a rocket is the proper way to go fast,.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
he's goddamn right

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

He thinks shooting his feet with a rocket is the proper way to go fast,.

People think he's a simpleton but he clearly demonstrates an advanced understanding of physics and how to harness and manipulate kinetic force that is beyond the grasp of a whole generation of novice floorclickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Once you realize you don't need to walk to get around places quickly the fact that you won't have any legs when you land really isn't that big of a deal.