Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

It's like a burgundy colour with cream leather and a wooden steering wheel and shifter (all stock lol). Really leaning hard into that trying to be a 60s British sportscar aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

£2k for a 40k mile garage queen, couldn't really say no. Not so sure about all this having to turn up late at night to secluded car parks for owners club meetings, mind.

Dogging is part of Miata ownership sorry.

Shoulda bought trackdaybros boiled horse meat MR2.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
should have bought a BMW and then preemptively dumped all its coolant and oil on the pavement

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

should have bought a BMW and then preemptively dumped all its coolant and oil on the pavement

He's been there done that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

It's like a burgundy colour with cream leather and a wooden steering wheel and shifter (all stock lol). Really leaning hard into that trying to be a 60s British sportscar aesthetic.

I just realised now that we both own old two seater mazdas with badly coloured interiors lmbo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
bring back ron

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rhopunzel posted:

bring back ron

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

My last car was a 645Ci with that loving N62 engine that dumped the coolant as I was driving it, had a coil spring shear literally hours after I was cruising at 130mph down the motorway and had it's valve stem seals deteriorate enough to try and gas me every time I touched the throttle pedal. I mean, ain't no replacement for displacement, but gently caress me I should've named the drat thing Christine.

iospace posted:

He's been there done that.

lol, beaten.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 7, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I just realised now that we both own old two seater mazdas with badly coloured interiors lmbo.

:downs::hf::downs:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

£2k for a 40k mile garage queen, couldn't really say no. Not so sure about all this having to turn up late at night to secluded car parks for owners club meetings, mind.

did you buy a 1st gen or 2nd gen

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rhopunzel posted:

bring back ron

I bet wicka jacks it to this image.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I bet wicka jacks it to this image.

Correct

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

Burgundy is the only acceptable red for a non-Ferrari.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hello

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wish I looked this good.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

N: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-f1-chief-hasegawa-to-leave-role-in-overhaul-986597/

V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg&t=256s

E: Whoa, they're splitting his job into two roles and one of them is being filled by a guy from HPD.

"Hasegawa leaves role in F1 engine development"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

did you buy a 1st gen or 2nd gen

Mk2 1.8. Mk1s are either expensive for a good one or a maddening descent into suicide termed a 'project.'

Collecting it in a couple of weeks time!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You need to the wheels from an old triumph or something for it.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Also make sure you have a pair of goggles and a "driving scarf" to go with that luggage rack.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

You need to the wheels from an old triumph or something for it.

Good shout.

CratSock posted:

Also make sure you have a pair of goggles and a "driving scarf" to go with that luggage rack.

It comes with an aluminium suitcase specifically designed for the rack lol

Also, where's that dragon picture?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

Mk2 1.8. Mk1s are either expensive for a good one or a maddening descent into suicide termed a 'project.'

Nice. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the wheels though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Yeah they're a bit marmite. Thankfully it comes with the originals, the ones fitted are for winter tyre duties.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

good color. There's a BMW Z1 next to my block in exactly the same color, and I wan't it, but the owner won't sell. Good color. Tony Marshal drove a BMW 8series in that color (the interior leather was the same color), it looked/still looks cool. Did I mention that this is a good color? Color good.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I have the requisite handwear sorted. White silk scarf and goggles prepped for shipping.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I need to get some new driving gloves, mine are falling apart. Thinking of going string back

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I need to get some new driving gloves, mine are falling apart. Thinking of going string back

A highly commendable choice, friend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

A highly commendable choice, friend.

What's your opinion on the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Just buy Mechanix gloves you're not going to catch on fire on your Kart

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Just buy Mechanix gloves you're not going to catch on fire on your Kart

I use batting gloves for karting. This is for handling 30 year old leather steering wheels and not wanting half of it coming off on my hand after 2 hours of driving.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

What's your opinion on the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre?

I think it's just ruddy bloody awful. A bit like farmers feeding spines to their livestock.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You're the people who come to city council meetings and complain about bike lanes, aren't you?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That car belongs to someone who has Very Strong Opinions about the Oxford one way system.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

You're the people who come to city council meetings and complain about bike lanes, aren't you?

Yes.

learnincurve posted:

That car belongs to someone who has Very Strong Opinions about the Oxford one way system.

Yes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What are your opinions on the Oxford comma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's going to be a bad opinion

• Locked thread