Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey, a new heist!

Rockstar posted:

A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to un-tangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure.

The Doomsday Heist is coming to Grand Theft Auto Online on December 12th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trailer:

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/938792960895877120

This...looks fun? Where my PS4 Goons at?

New vehicles? I saw an Osprey, Vulcan bomber, and Deloreans flying/submersible Lotus Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me.

e- And also maybe jetpacks. Glad I finally bought an Oppressor in time for maybe jetpacks.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Huh, look at that.

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- And also maybe jetpacks. Glad I finally bought an Oppressor in time for maybe jetpacks.

Don't worry, you couldn't have afforded the new stuff anyways. Besides, everyone should own an Oppressor.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 7, 2017

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

On an unrelated note, how do you embed tweets? :ohdear:\

Edit: VVV Oh wow, I feel dumb.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 7, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

explosivo posted:

On an unrelated note, how do you embed tweets? :ohdear:

Just paste a link to them.

Also, RIP another $40 mil

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I am truly, honestly beside myself about this news. It's incredible.

It was obvious all the way back to PC launch that we'd never see another heist again and yet here we are...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Just you wait, it's gonna turn out you have to buy all the new ludicrously expensive vehicles to do the new heist.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

While I relish the opportunity to spend my vast, vast fortune that languishes in my digital funbux account, that's not how it works.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It shouldn't. But it probably will.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm interested to see how you actually make money from that Heist.

You probably won't.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Prison Break and Humane Labs were just payment for services rendered, same thing I guess. But no amount of money you can earn in the game is enough anymore, and neither will this.

Should be fun, though.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah. I look forward to modding those vehicles into SP and loving with them for an hour before I get bored.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
If i'm not able to launch airstrikes from the comfort of my personal submarine I will be angry and sad :crossarms:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
I will be seriously surprised if the payout is even a single GTAdollar more then pac standard

the heist payout will be the same as pac-stan but the buy in will be even more (because gently caress you you'll play it)

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Looks like I picked a good time to upgrade my GPU, RAM and SSD and reinstall!

Also the game looks incredible for it's age.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

*within a minute some skid mouthbreather is spawning clones around me*

right, i'll try again on the 12th.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The stuff with the new heist looks cool but the chance I'll have enough money to enjoy it is slim-to-none.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
New heist? You've got to be KIDDING me!!

Holy poo poo!!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

davebo posted:

I get enough of that poo poo getting hung up in the clouds indefinitely and for no reason. Also who is buying 3d cards good enough to run gta5 and not bothering with an SSD?

installing a new videocard is quick and easy, reinstalling your OS and migrating all your programs/games/data is boring as gently caress.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I still haven't played through the other heists...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Finally, they're bringing back the Deluxo and it is literally the Back To The Future DeLorean :allears:

And then there's this thing:

Man, this is gonna be ridiculous in the best possible way at this rate.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jose Mengelez posted:

installing a new videocard is quick and easy, reinstalling your OS and migrating all your programs/games/data is boring as gently caress.

If you use windows 10 you don't have to migrate poo poo, you can make a system image with system files and move the whole thing to the new set of hardware. The drivers are independent of the system image. I have moved PCs this way. It may require a more expensive version of windows (I use windows pro) and if you change too much hardware you may need to buy a new windows license.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I guess this counts as a culmination of all the Mt Chilliad mystery stuff then.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

buy this game on pc and i will take you through all the heists with glee and candor, mutata

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have it on PC! I just haven't had a big chunk of time on a regular basis in a long time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

mutata posted:

I have it on PC! I just haven't had a big chunk of time on a regular basis in a long time.

This, but PS4. I'm also a cheap-rear end in game, so I've got lots of money to blow on this stuff.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

mutata posted:

I guess this counts as a culmination of all the Mt Chilliad mystery stuff then.

I guess, as they say, "The writing is on the wall." :smugdog::pipe:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I wonder if we can buy the giant nuclear sub.

And there's submarine cars (ardents maybe? Like in the James Beam movie, Spies Like Us). :43 in the trailer

Also the cargo plane interior (?) at :20 looks neat but I'd guess that's only a set for cutscene

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

T1g4h posted:

Lemme guess:

1) It's gonna be a two-man deal where one drives and the other aims,
2) It's gonna have all the armor of a wet paper bag, and/or
3) The targeting's gonna get nerfed to high hell outside of heist missions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Domestic Amuse posted:

Lemme guess:

I'm guessing it's strong as hell, but 2 man, no lock-on, only 50 missiles.
Also, i'm guessing none of the planes are going to have explosive cannons
the sub car is only going to be able to stay down for 30 seconds at a time
the flying car is going to blow up with a single shot from the crappiest pistol.

I'm under 20 X80 bonds after spending a poo poo ton of money on insurance for the batmobile. I might not be able to buy every vehicle in this pack :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

T1g4h posted:

Finally, they're bringing back the Deluxo and it is literally the Back To The Future DeLorean :allears:

Okay, I might start playing this again after a month or so clean.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Domestic Amuse posted:

Lemme guess:

Alternatively:

1) It's going to be fun
2) It's going to be fun
3) It's going to be fun

but zigmiiiiiiiiigjgjjj you're no fun

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Alternatively:

1) It's going to be fun
2) It's going to be fun
3) It's going to be fun

but zigmiiiiiiiiigjgjjj you're no fun

No it's not

the submarine thing might be fun and the delorean will definitely be fun, and i think i spotted a ferrari 308 behind lester(although that might turn into the submarine car?) that will also be fun but everything else will be crippled in some stupid way.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Powershift posted:

No it's not

the submarine thing might be fun and the delorean will definitely be fun, and i think i spotted a ferrari 308 behind lester(although that might turn into the submarine car?) that will also be fun but everything else will be crippled in some stupid way.

And yet you still post here

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
jetpack?
chilliad interior?

:tinfoil:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like this thread and I like this game.

Going to go vroom all over the place with the deluxo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

jetpack?
chilliad interior?

:tinfoil:

There was a crashed UFO by zancudo in the gunrunning update files that never got used.

It's possible it was part of this, or just poo poo put in there by rockstar to gently caress with nosy people.

Zigmidge posted:

And yet you still post here

I didn't realize you couldn't criticize poor design decisions in here. I'll make an effort to ensure my posts going forward are nothing but glowingly positive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is it actually a heist or is it just gonna be more courier work like everything else?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Is it actually a heist or is it just gonna be more courier work like everything else?

They said the H word

Re: the UFO there was some gimmicky easter egg type thing that after like 5000 lol gunrun supply missions you could access the UFO? Theres video of it, its like super spoopy you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Powershift posted:

I didn't realize you couldn't criticize poor design decisions in here. I'll make an effort to ensure my posts going forward are nothing but glowingly positive.

There's that goon hyperbole we all love.

• Locked thread