Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Extremely local wrestling snuck up on me this year.

https://twitter.com/CSW_Wrestling/status/938100485684375552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why does the first link say CZWGROTONI and the second, extremely adorable picture say CSW. Or are these different orgs

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hell, I'd pay $15 to yell obscenities at Adam Rose.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

tnimark posted:

Thanks for the info. I have the WWE Network, NJPW World and Melbourne City Wrestling (my local) at the moment so I think I'll go with Progress.

How is MCW? I just moved here in October and wanted to try and check it out. Is it in the city or some other suburb? And when should one purchase a ticket to a show?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hard disagree to swapping CWF Mid-Atlantic and PWX. CWF has better production values, homegrown stars, and booking. I'm also pretty strong on Freelance Wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Like pop-up video factoids? That'd be a fun way to show old wrestling in general. Put Tenay and Karl Stern on the case!

Also speaking of, CWF's latest episode is a pop-up video tribute episode.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why does the first link say CZWGROTONI and the second, extremely adorable picture say CSW. Or are these different orgs
First is a typo.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

How is MCW? I just moved here in October and wanted to try and check it out. Is it in the city or some other suburb? And when should one purchase a ticket to a show?

It's great. A lot of really good wrestlers working there at the moment. Adam Brooks and Jonah Rock both hold MCW belts and recently worked PWG. The two venues they run most often are the Thornbury Theatre and a smaller place in Essendon. I'm going to their end of year show on December 16th in Thornbury. I think for most shows you can safely get a ticket up til the day of the show if they don't have a big international appearing, but it's getting more popular all the time so that might change soon.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

tnimark posted:

It's great. A lot of really good wrestlers working there at the moment. Adam Brooks and Jonah Rock both hold MCW belts and recently worked PWG. The two venues they run most often are the Thornbury Theatre and a smaller place in Essendon. I'm going to their end of year show on December 16th in Thornbury. I think for most shows you can safely get a ticket up til the day of the show if they don't have a big international appearing, but it's getting more popular all the time so that might change soon.

Awesome! I'm gonna try to grab a ticket for that show.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always get weirded out when people talk about Melbourne Championship Wrestling since one of the my localish feds is also MCW, but the M is Maryland.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
lmao ZSJ and Chuckie T are having a falls count anywhere match with no ring in a dive bar in north Brooklyn next week, and also Matt Tremont is there

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/938810882926219264

I will maybe try to Periscope this or something

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Butthole University

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Butthole University

graduated Magna Cum

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

When I grow up I want to go to Butthole University.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bama ain't want none of Butthole University

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

When did Adam Rose start cosplaying as Tommaso Ciampa

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

abraham linksys posted:

lmao ZSJ and Chuckie T are having a falls count anywhere match with no ring in a dive bar in north Brooklyn next week, and also Matt Tremont is there

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/938810882926219264

I will maybe try to Periscope this or something

DJ JALPH

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

When did Adam Rose start cosplaying as Tommaso Ciampa

sometime after he intimidated his wife so badly she begged the judge to drop the DV charges.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/939274980298252289
https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/939276194037555200
https://twitter.com/aawdannydaniels/status/939277372469194752

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/939544774289260545

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/939577863224819712

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pretty much the best way they could have handled it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Super No Vacancy posted:

would anyone like to comment on my proposed tier list in preparation of a 2018 thread

Please do not forget BOOKER T PRESENTS REALITY OF WRESTLING

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It gets an S for giving us Brennan Williams

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I watched Progress Chapters 9 and 10 and holy poo poo that Jimmy Havoc angle was so good. The end of 10 was intense as hell.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

corn in the bible posted:

Please do not forget BOOKER T PRESENTS REALITY OF WRESTLING

Is ROW decentish? It's one of like two indies here in Houston, and the other is the dirt-est dirt indie I've seen in a while.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is ROW decentish? It's one of like two indies here in Houston, and the other is the dirt-est dirt indie I've seen in a while.

Fortunately, they put all their stuff up on Youtube, so you can see for yourself. Here's a tag team match from a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_ivYcwv4M&t=2197s

e: I haven't seen a whole lot but I went and it was a fun show and people were hype

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 10, 2017

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I have another Progress question. Does the commentary change at some point? As of Chapter 12 it’s just been this one guy and he has absolutely zero energy or enthusiasm.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

tnimark posted:

I have another Progress question. Does the commentary change at some point? As of Chapter 12 it’s just been this one guy and he has absolutely zero energy or enthusiasm.

obviously you haven't gotten to glen joseph screaming three times a match.

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
Posting to say that last night at the Evolve show, watching Walter and Keith Lee slap each other's chest raw became excruciating at some point

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Signor posted:

Posting to say that last night at the Evolve show, watching Walter and Keith Lee slap each other's chest raw became excruciating at some point

Watching Walter is the type of dude who makes me glad the idea of becoming a wrestler was a fleeting thought, wrestling him seems like it'd be intensely painful

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Signor posted:

it was an extremely good show live, if too long (my god that promo into intermission died a loving death). I didn't really "get" WALTER until that show; I thought the match maybe went too long but it was certainly effective in getting him enough heat to get the loudest boos of the night

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

tnimark posted:

Chapter 20 is when they switch from one-man prerecorded to a two-man live booth and it makes all the difference in the world. It's where I started and, though I would like to go back and watch some of those earlier shows, I haven't regretted it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Signor posted:

watching EVOLVE has become excruciating, yes.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I really liked the show last night (though the main event disappointed me a little for some reason), but I really hope they don't keep the intermission. Their shows were already the perfect length, and it's not like Elmcor is in an area that's convenient to get to. Apparently they're coming back to the city in January and I'm hoping they don't go there again; the trip to/from Corona is just too much of a pain for me.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

The January shows will be La Boom and St Finbar's Catholic Church (Bath Beach) on the 13th-14th

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I haven’t watched much of it but I believe it’s a fun Texas indie that’s produced some good talent, plus Booker T runs it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Pre-sale tickets for Melbourne City Wrestling aren't available anymore. So, what time should I show up to get a ticket at the door? I have a General Assembly class downtown until 4 p.m.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Doors are at 6:30 and as far as I'm aware you can't buy tickets at the door until then.

I've only ever bought tickets in advance so I'm not sure how early people line up, sorry!

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!

abraham linksys posted:

it was an extremely good show live, if too long (my god that promo into intermission died a loving death). I didn't really "get" WALTER until that show; I thought the match maybe went too long but it was certainly effective in getting him enough heat to get the loudest boos of the night

The only thing that died (I didn't mind the intermission too much) was the Kincaid promo on Theory, you can barely hear the mike and no one cared what he had to say, one other slight thing that bothered me was the crowd focusing on the ref taking his shoes off, but Yehi and Riddle shut them up quick enough

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

...is an actual friend of mine. So are the guys in Tight Fright. They've started playing wrestling shows, and the match is perfect. As dumb and "hip" as this sounds, it's going to be a blast just like last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Choom Gangster posted:

...is an actual friend of mine. So are the guys in Tight Fright. They've started playing wrestling shows, and the match is perfect. As dumb and "hip" as this sounds, it's going to be a blast just like last time.

convince DJ Jalph to wrestle