Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

sandoz posted:

a cube 8 feet on a side

of pogs
so you're saying it's possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Sagebrush posted:

sure but are there even enough people out there still interested enough in pogs to buy them all?

Jim Stirling.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sandoz posted:

500 cubic feet of pogs

what if they were end to end

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Colossal Pog Golem (CR 17)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

fruit on the bottom posted:

Colossal Pog Golem (CR 17)
as opposed to Colossal PAWG Golem (17/F/Cali)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Pogs are basically the Bitcoin of the 90s.

Pokemon cards were the Bitcoin of the 00s.

Also, I'm off to a wedding this weekend and am fully anticipating being cut off from the bar once again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

Pogs are basically the Bitcoin of the 90s.

Pokemon cards were the Bitcoin of the 00s.

Also, I'm off to a wedding this weekend and am fully anticipating being cut off from the bar once again.

where do Beanie Babies fit into all this

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Theophany posted:

My man! :hfive:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

where do Beanie Babies fit into all this

Probably more so the Bitcoin of the 90's than pogs.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Probably more so the Bitcoin of the 90's than pogs.

But pogs were literally coin-shaped.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have the ill-est slammer jammer

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Beanie Babies were for moms and pogs were for the kids. Dad collected comic books or playboys in the 90s.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

Beanie Babies were for moms and pogs were for the kids. Dad collected comic books or playboys in the 90s.

Dad collected baseball cards.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LethalGeek posted:

I bought a late 70s playboy from the month I was born to hang on my wall. Kinda interesting to see a snap shot of the culture at the time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nocheez posted:

Any day now my Dave Winfield rookie card will be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Got a fresh haircut and everything so that I at least look smart whilst passed out in the background of some photos they'll have for the rest of their lives.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Take pictures of them all and put them on CD-rom.

Pogrom.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nocheez posted:

90's cards arent worth anything lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

got any sevens posted:

90's cards arent worth anything lol

are you telling me that my pre-steroids mark mcguire is worthless or something?!?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

are you telling me that my pre-steroids mark mcguire is worthless or something?!?

My brother had a few pages of the Mark McGwire Olympic card because he was a huge fan of his. He sold some of them, but probably has most of them squirreled away in his attic.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nocheez posted:

My brother had a few pages of the Mark McGwire Olympic card because he was a huge fan of his. He sold some of them, but probably has most of them squirreled away in his attic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGuire_(musician)

:colbert:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Theophany posted:

Got a fresh haircut and everything so that I at least look smart whilst passed out in the background of some photos they'll have for the rest of their lives.

Why do you drink so much when given the chance? I'm not having a go at you; I'm genuinely curious why you'd intentionally drink so much you pass out/throw up/whatever.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Why do you drink so much when given the chance? I'm not having a go at you; I'm genuinely curious why you'd intentionally drink so much you pass out/throw up/whatever.

Its what people with no personality do to convince themselves that they're fun to be around.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

I see no mention of steroids in that article.

Also, if you click your link you'll get a good :lol:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Its what people with no personality do to convince themselves that they're fun to be around.

Spoken like a true ◻️.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nocheez posted:

I see no mention of steroids in that article.

Also, if you click your link you'll get a good :lol:

ok, the broken link was perfect and unintentional

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
No sure how accurate, but I found a site saying that 40 pogs weigh on average 1.6oz, which would mean that 7,000,000 pogs weight approximately 17,500 pounds

Shipping 17,500 pounds of 'other household goods' across the USA is estimated at $2,250.

That's money well spent imo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
You know what, I hope the goon love thing is real. Even if it's just idiot nerds, whenever human being come together it's usually good. at least 50/50 of it being good or bad imo. Godspeed goon lovers

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of that one amateur (college project I think?) documentary about a family who became hardcore beanie baby collectors giving a retrospective years later when they have a room full of the things in display cases that no one wants. (not the couple that divorced and had to split them on the courthouse floor)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The pogs could at least be burned for heating.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The important thing is to take all the sweet pogs with spiders and put them aside, then throw the rest away

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

therattle posted:

Uh, because it's a free bar and I'm a borderline alcoholic?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Theophany posted:

Let's not kid ourselves about the 'borderline'.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of that one amateur (college project I think?) documentary about a family who became hardcore beanie baby collectors giving a retrospective years later when they have a room full of the things in display cases that no one wants. (not the couple that divorced and had to split them on the courthouse floor)

That was the dad that put all their life savings as well as the college funds and everything into beanie babies right?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Theophany posted:

Gotcha. It's like going to an event with an open buffet, loading three plates, and gorging yourself until you throw up. Takes all sorts!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

That was the dad that put all their life savings as well as the college funds and everything into beanie babies right?

mm-hm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo

I love showing this to people whose cultural awareness of Beanie Babies extends only to "they were a thing people collected for a minute in the 90s". This is so grim and insane.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
*acknowledges alcoholism*
*drinks anyway*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alcoholism never hurt anyone.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Alcoholics Anonymous Confessions