Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Telemetry is somewhat like planetary resources for the gunsmith, in that it's more effort to get than the usual tokens, but worth a fraction of the value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The telemetry stuff is more like an extra bonus every once in a while and not anything to grind for.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Monowhatever posted:

Welp I now have not only the best looking ghost shell but the best mods:
That would be all planets chest out to 50 meters and gun telemetry data for all elemental types

I got a +10% xp ghost. Its a ghost to unlock more ghosts.

E: Oh, and also omni-telemetry.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 7, 2017

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I've got a dope ghost as well. While I have the gun telemetry on elemental kills, mine only gives me caches and resources for Nessus. Still, that bonus 10% XP in all modes is very cool.

I want 10% bonus XP on everything Mr. Bungo please and thank you

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why did no one mention how loving sick the Titan raid ornaments are?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Cause this thread is full of Hunter and Warlock jerker offers.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

loev 2 jerk off my warlock n cum a big purple wad

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I only need one pvp milestone from next week to unlock this look and boy it looks nice

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Sekenr posted:

I got a +10% xp ghost. Its a ghost to unlock more ghosts.

E: Oh, and also omni-telemetry.

where do I get this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God, I wish I could use the Phoenix Strife instead of War Rig. It just looks so cool :smith:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Don't you have to equip the raid armor to use those ornaments?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

God, I wish I could use the Phoenix Strife instead of War Rig. It just looks so cool :smith:

It honestly feels like nothing else is worth using but the War Rig on a Titan. I wish you could wear more than one exotic.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

khy posted:

Don't you have to equip the raid armor to use those ornaments?

Titan raid class item is the best butt towel in the game

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

It honestly feels like nothing else is worth using but the War Rig on a Titan. I wish you could wear more than one exotic.
Since I don't use auto rifles much, I'm more of an Anti-Extinction/Wildwood guy myself :buddy:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you're not using an Auto in Crucible, the Dunemarchers are good, just because Going Fast is always good

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

scuz posted:

Since I don't use auto rifles much, I'm more of an Anti-Extinction/Wildwood guy myself :buddy:

I can't give up my Guiding Star. I got one for each character now.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Titan raid class item is the best butt towel in the game

Yes, and it's the only piece of the titan raid armor that's worth using because it doesn't have Mobility on it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
This game is like going for lunch with that awful guy in your office who just bought an SRT Hellcat.

He's just a really dumb guy. He means well most of the time but he's constantly loving things up that you have to fix, and he absolutely never, ever learns from his mistakes or listens to anyone's suggestions. He always wants to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, and you know that if you go with him you'll be sleepy all afternoon and probably regret it.

But that Hellcat. God, it's a stupid car. Yes, it wants to kill you. But are you really going to turn down a ride in a thing that puts down 707 horsepower? Even if the guy at the wheel is a total idiot?

No. You'll go for that ride every single time, and you'll eat the stupid wings, you'll listen to his lovely stories about his frat days and you'll want to throw up on the way back. And you'll do it again tomorrow.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Skoll posted:

Easily my favourite kinetic

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

:argh: I'd probably be an auto rifle guy if I had gotten that instead of all the Eleventh Hours and Controlling Visions I received. Heck, I even tried to make the Haunted Earth a viable PvP option but that turned out to be not so great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Skoll posted:

Agreed. I was using the Skullfort for a while there before I got the Sweet Business but I don't even use the charge ability all that much so it was a waste.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

explosivo posted:

Agreed. I was using the Skullfort for a while there before I got the Sweet Business but I don't even use the charge ability all that much so it was a waste.

Not to mention being in melee in harder content usually a good way to take a dirt nap. Take it from me, the guy who likes to punchmans.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
Did the dude who was hoarding all those engrams get any new gear after all? I have to know!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Alls I know is that any Clan Engrams you had at Hawthorne went POOF when Season 2 started

khy
Aug 15, 2005

explosivo posted:

Getting 5 pulse grenades on a single phase of Calus is never a waste.

The thing with Skullfort is you need to know which mobs fall under the 'one hit kill' category, and which don't, so you can properly chain-charge enemies. Psions and dogs in the Leviathan can be one-shot with the shoulder charge; Legionaires and Phalanxes, not to mention the gold health enemies, cannot. So if you're going to use it then you gotta plan just a bit. It's that great on baths since the psions don't come to your seal often and when they do it's hard to build up a charge. It can be worth using on Pleasure Gardens, and sometimes on Gauntlet, and DEFINITELY on Calus (The dogs that come out during the DPS phase can be an easy grenade farm while you switch platforms).

On the other hand War Rig doesn't require any planning so it's nice all around. With the pulse nerf Skullfort isn't quite the leader but it's still amazing, and probably still beats War Rig's DPS in many situations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Legionnaires, at least the non-raid ones, can now be one shot by Shoulder Charge. Which, for my money, is the best change to the game so far.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I would gladly pay a sub to Destiny if it meant a steady stream of content like a true MMO. Instead, Destiny 2, a $60 game, has less than 1/3 of the content of a $40 WoW/FFXIV expansion. And these $20 "expansions" have less than half of the content than the "free" (subsidized by subscriptions) content patches that come every 3-4 months in FFXIV/WoW

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mordiceius posted:

I would gladly pay a sub to Destiny if it meant a steady stream of content like a true MMO. Instead, Destiny 2, a $60 game, has less than 1/3 of the content of a $40 WoW/FFXIV expansion. And these $20 "expansions" have less than half of the content than the "free" (subsidized by subscriptions) content patches that come every 3-4 months in FFXIV/WoW

Yeah but Destiny is fun to play, unlike an MMO.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

khy posted:

The thing with Skullfort is you need to know which mobs fall under the 'one hit kill' category, and which don't, so you can properly chain-charge enemies. Psions and dogs in the Leviathan can be one-shot with the shoulder charge; Legionaires and Phalanxes, not to mention the gold health enemies, cannot. So if you're going to use it then you gotta plan just a bit. It's that great on baths since the psions don't come to your seal often and when they do it's hard to build up a charge. It can be worth using on Pleasure Gardens, and sometimes on Gauntlet, and DEFINITELY on Calus (The dogs that come out during the DPS phase can be an easy grenade farm while you switch platforms).

On the other hand War Rig doesn't require any planning so it's nice all around. With the pulse nerf Skullfort isn't quite the leader but it's still amazing, and probably still beats War Rig's DPS in many situations.

Mobs/players that are Shoulder Chargeable:

- Red Bars
- Shielded Red Bars with their shields down
- Enemy players with their shields down afaik even with 10 resilience

Shoulder Charge is also now AoE instead of a single target like it was in D1, so gently caress it dude let’s go bowling. My record simultaneous trash mob kills is like 6.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Skoll posted:

It was the sole reason I went DO for faction rally. Fastest rpm tier of auto rifles with HCR, I felt like it staggered orange/yellow bars so easily and consistently compared to the other sadly few choices of kinetic auto rifles.
It's incredible

If +range is one of the masterwork stats, Guiding Star will just simply have no weaknesses...and the range on it isn't bad to begin with.

Cutscene Powers posted:

Did the dude who was hoarding all those engrams get any new gear after all? I have to know!

Nah. The new brights have a different name and I forgot to preview the exotics before opening them so woops. Legendary for masterwork next week became irrelevant since the changes to the public events are just showering you with them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

khy posted:

I guess I shouldn't have said a waste, but like you said the positives of having the War Rig equipped outweigh the benefits of the Skullfort in almost all situations.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

Mobs/players that are Shoulder Chargeable:

- Red Bars
- Shielded Red Bars with their shields down
- Enemy players with their shields down afaik even with 10 resilience

Shoulder Charge is also now AoE instead of a single target like it was in D1, so gently caress it dude let’s go bowling. My record simultaneous trash mob kills is like 6.

Ever jumped off of a high cliff into a mob and charged 'em, killing them and saving yourself from a drop that would surely have killed you?

Man, is that fun.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Yeah but Destiny is fun to play, unlike an MMO.

You don't like hitting 1 through 5 and then waiting for them to cool down?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Things MMOs do not have: a steady stream of content.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Norns posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't just have a Macro that pressed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 1, 2, 1, 3, 5, 1, 4, 5 for them!

You imbecile!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

So fighting lion is really fun in pve now

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i’ve spent like half a grand on my ffxiv subscription and that game has worse content droughts than destiny so honestly lmao at the idea it’s somehow a better financial model at people looking to get more bang for their buck, and i can’t even play the game at all if i stop paying

lmao at ‘free content patches (subsidized by sub costs)’. you mean not free, thence

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

World of Warcraft multiple times left like 11 to 13 month content gaps at the end of their expansions

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

As a long time Final Fantasy fan, I appreciated a lot of the experience of going from 1-50, the music, character and world design, and fun little nods to the series. But I wouldn't say the gameplay was fun, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

treizebee posted:

Nah. The new brights have a different name and I forgot to preview the exotics before opening them so woops. Legendary for masterwork next week became irrelevant since the changes to the public events are just showering you with them.

Oh, better luck next time friend :unsmith:

• Locked thread