Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In This Week at Bungie they literally said to "be nice" to people that don't have it yet.

Shaxx calling mercy is a form of kindness, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orv posted:

For days you have been asking, does Curse of Osiris have real substantive problems? Today I give you that answer.

They changed how Better Devils sounds, riot in the streets, crucify Bungo.

That said, Origin Story actually sounds like a real gun now, and it's a treat.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So are there 3 goons who have the Prometheus Lens that would be willing to, ah, help me with going Flawless in Trials?

I sadly do not have one. Sadly.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Wonder if they'll give it to Xur to sell so everyone can laser everything all the time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Lemme lay this one on you.

Snoreagin Story.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Section Z posted:

"Good thing my Better Devils has NO FALLOFF on the explosions!... Oh my Bad News still outdamages it on headshots from this extreme range."

Bad News has more impact then Better Devils. It's a 110 RPM handcannon compared to BD's 140. So yes, it will do more headshot damage.
If you compare BD to another 140 handcannon, the headshot damage is equal or different by ~1. The fact that is has massive range already is just a bonus.

But yeah, explosive round guns really show their strengths with body shots.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

"Players who are running Destiny 2 on PC above 60 fps cannot reach Public Event pillars, as they die on impact after launching through cannons."

gently caress

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
give me the Prometheus Lens bungie this is a lawyer

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Milky Moor posted:

give me the Prometheus Lens bungie this is a lawyer

When Prometheus Lens gets out-lawed...

Only out-Lawyers will have Prometheus Lens

Orv
May 4, 2011
Honestly they should just make current Prometheus Lens power a custom match option when those came out. It's a weird twist on Crucible and kind of an insane hellhole but in a fun way.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Kyrosiris posted:

Is there a list of updated gun sounds? Both Origin (and Forward Path) and Better Devils had terrible sounds to me, and the new versions are great.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Crimson ( the new Exotic HC) seems really good:

Feels nice, the 3 shot burst is tight, heals on kills and generates ammo to reload on precision kill so deals with HC's ammo issues

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Norns posted:

"Players who are running Destiny 2 on PC above 60 fps cannot reach Public Event pillars, as they die on impact after launching through cannons."

gently caress

i play at well over 60 fps and don’t get this, what are they even talking about?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

gently caress

lmao holy poo poo... I thought I was just misunderstanding the mechanic of the jump somehow. I have successfully made it once out like 20 jumps and I basically had to time a midair jump perfectly to land inside the ring at the end, which caught me and made me float down gently.

I can't be too salty about this though, it's hilarious to see a bunch of dudes just physicsing themselves to death over and over again.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Jon: Hello Guardians. First item of business: We know about the Prometheus Lens. It’s not what we intended. The weapon shipped with a bug, which we intend to fix with Destiny Update 1.1.1, along with everything else in the December update. Until then, please go easy on the players who have yet to get their hands on one (we know you won’t, but it’s been said).

I wish this was a patch note so badly.

V1.1.1
- Guardians, please do not use the Prometheus Lens. If you do, just don’t bring it to PVP. Just do the right thing. Please, do the right thing.

- Run speed reduced to 1 on Mercury.

- Locked all players out of content.

Enjoy!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i play at well over 60 fps and don’t get this, what are they even talking about?

Congrats on not being hit with it then.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Norns posted:

gently caress

I was wondering what the gently caress was going on there. I managed to save myself by using my titans jump boost.

Ougher fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 8, 2017

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

It's only with the public event on Mercury, the jump pads are supposed to send you through a ring that slows you down before you land. If you have >60FPS the gravity gets all hosed up and you'll miss the ring and smash into the ground at full speed. One time I actually died by hitting the ring itself. poo poo's whack, yo.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha I was wondering what the gently caress was going on. There was a constant stream of guardians flying in and cratering at the public event on Mercury.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If I catch any of you all using the Lens in PvP, I will report you to Mr Bungie. We are the watchmen.

I expect you all to screen and report those offenders to Mr Bungie as well.

Thank you for keeping this serious PvP game clean and fair. Be a good sport.

If you Lens, you’re getting cleansed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The right thing to do would be to put the Lens On Xur tomorrow

Orv
May 4, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If I catch any of you all using the Lens in PvP, I will report you to Mr Bungie. We are the watchmen.

I expect you all to screen and report those offenders to Mr Bungie as well.

Thank you for keeping this serious PvP game clean and fair. Be a good sport.

If you Lens, you’re getting cleansed.

Yeah they won't do poo poo dawg.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Norns posted:

This is the only reason I can believe they chose to keep trials this week. If xur doesn't sell it...... Ooo my blood pressure is already rising

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Norns posted:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Orv posted:

Yeah they won't do poo poo dawg.

Yeah I know haha.

But it is going to be funny hearing about the messages people will get using it and the fact that yes, expect people to report you for using a Lens.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can't wait to see how much the player numbers drop in pvp this weekend

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
He's not gonna sell it tomorrow.

Bungie Attitude: "The fewer people that have it, the less of a problem it is"

Bungie Reality: Every single Flawless Team will be fielding 4x Lenses

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Norns posted:

A Xur does the bidding of the Nine, not Bungie. A Girl knows his will is not his own.

Orv
May 4, 2011
loving neeeeeeeeeeeeeerd.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
atalanta-d rocks, a lot

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Norns posted:

It would be and it would be amazing, but this is Bungie we're talking about

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Tokubetsu posted:

atalanta-d rocks, a lot

I don't get the praise for it. It's a slightly more stable Antiope with only half the range, and having SMG damage at AR range is what makes this archetype so good. You even lose kill-clip.

The fart can on it is its only redeeming feature.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Section Z posted:

The single most important thing about explosion damage is that they deal nearly twice the damage on BODY shots.

Buying into the "No falloff!" gimmick was just leaving me disappointed. Due to realizing how often my explosive guns were only dealing as much, or LESS damage on headshots. "Good thing my Better Devils has NO FALLOFF on the explosions!... Oh my Bad News still outdamages it on headshots from this extreme range." Same deal playing with my Nameless Midnight and comparing it to other scouts with a much lower light level.

But shoot something in the dick from a mile away, and you're gonna get good results compared to it's peers. Because it deals that much more raw damage on bodyshots in the first place, even if explosions had falloff it would win out on dick shooting.

Enemies that need three of four body shots point blank with other handcannons, will die in two body shots from the Better Devils. Many enemies that will survive a single body shot with a normal hand cannon, will die in one. Tired of aiming for handgun headshots against psions on some distant ledge? Better Devils will one-shot that with a body shot.

The reason why people don't like Bad News or any other 110rpm Hand Cannon is that their TTK is insanely good if you land 3 headshots but if you miss one of them or even just body shot once then 1 crit/3 body shots (at <6 Resil) from a Better Devils kills faster.

For PvE who cares use whatever you want.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

treizebee posted:

I don't get the praise for it. It's a slightly more stable Antiope with only half the range, and having SMG damage at AR range is what makes this archetype so good. You even lose kill-clip.

The fart can on it is its only redeeming feature.

But what a redeeming feature it is! It's not strictly better than the Antiope but goddamn does it look rad and is it fun to use.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

This is the only reason I can believe they chose to keep trials this week. If xur doesn't sell it...... Ooo my blood pressure is already rising

loving same

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aw man, the Positive Outlook quest reward is only available on the first character that does the quest. Did it on my alt and got an engram instead.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I hope he doesn't sell it cos it'll just be the perfect shitstorm after a mediocre dlc release and the xp throttling poo poo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I got my Lenz so I'll be pimping my mediocre PVP self out this weekend.

Also, I don't really get the reward structure of CoO. I got to the end of all the stuff, did the adventures, and did the heroic adventure. Then I talked to Ikora or Vance or whatever and had the "choice" of a single exotic, so I took it.

Only to discover that I guess Bungo expected you to do that for each character before choosing I guess because I did not get an exotic for each class.

So uh, thanks for the heads up, Bungie.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SHAXXON-MOBIL CORP has its Nightfall engram for the week.

And I had a good lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
How hard is it to get a group of goons together for the raid? A buddy and I want to run it but we don't have a full crew.

• Locked thread