Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

jadebullet posted:

So I am going with a Dia de Los Muerto theme for my Escher...
Oooh, I'll bet this will be :krad: when it's finished!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So I'm a bit poo poo on gender politics, would it be reasonable to expect that making Eschers into a roller derby team would not be a per se problem?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 6, 2017

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Go big or go home, ala:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Schadenboner posted:

So I'm a bit poo poo on gender politics, would it be reasonable to expect that making Eschers into a roller derby team would not be a per se problem?

I mean, I can't really say one way or the other, but my gut tells me that so long as you do it respectfully it shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'd avoid sculpting additional giant tits onto them or intentionally posing them so their asses are hoisted up into the air. Apparently as a recognized sport it's under consideration for the 2020 Olympics. I'd look at what real roller derby uniforms look like and go through several reference photos for poses.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Atlas Hugged posted:

I mean, I can't really say one way or the other, but my gut tells me that so long as you do it respectfully it shouldn't be a problem. I guess I'd avoid sculpting additional giant tits onto them or intentionally posing them so their asses are hoisted up into the air. Apparently as a recognized sport it's under consideration for the 2020 Olympics. I'd look at what real roller derby uniforms look like and go through several reference photos for poses.

Yeah, I just don't want to make something that ends up in Unspiration (or at least something that ends up in Unspiration for reasons other than painting).

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
tbh if Roller Derby had any sort of recognition over here in Limeytown it'd be likely GW would have included grimdark Roller Derby girls somewhere.

But yeah, just don't go sculpting massive tits and w/e onto them. Seems like fertile ground for gaudy, Necomunda appropriate colour schemes.

Also help guys, I've got the awful temptation when the Orlocks come out to paint them as 70's/80's Bruce Springsteens and name them some Warham pun on the E Street Band.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Roller Derby is fine if you are using it as a paintspiration. Double down on it and name all your gangers with goofy roller derby names - it's a thing for players to have wrestler-style names that are puns or similar. You can look up a bunch for players online, I am sure. If you do extra work you could make it giving them appropriate pads or helmets, or team-style jacket art.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ashcans posted:

Roller Derby is fine if you are using it as a paintspiration. Double down on it and name all your gangers with goofy roller derby names - it's a thing for players to have wrestler-style names that are puns or similar. You can look up a bunch for players online, I am sure. If you do extra work you could make it giving them appropriate pads or helmets, or team-style jacket art.

Yeah, http://www.brewcitybruisers.com/ sponsor a bunch of stuff on one of the college radio stations around here. Never actually gone to see it, I prefer my blood sport with dice I guess?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

What kind of look are you going for roller derby Escher? Are you going to put wheels on them? I can't see that part turning out well.

Personally, I wouldn't feel obligated to go with 2017 modern version of the sport played by serious athletes if what you really want to paint is a throw back gang full of torn fishnets, rainbow kneehighs and ruffle butt panties. The whole game aesthetic is full of 80s punk throwbacks, why not include other throwbacks as well?

Now I want to see a Victorian Steampunk Escher gang.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Here are some actual roller derby miniatures if you want to go third party and convert them to necromunda. I think it would be easier, honestly.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/?option=search&search=roller+derby&Submit=+Search+

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Roller derby Escher sounds cool.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Eschers are basically already roller derby girls minus wheels.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Roller derby Escher are cool and good. Add wheels. Or steal some hover pads and make them float. Go crazy.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Schadenboner posted:

Two pieces of media that I've viewed, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and the recent Amazon series of The Tick, have shown roller derby to be hardcore and so it shouldn't be an issue.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

LashLightning posted:

Two pieces of media that I've viewed, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and the recent Amazon series of The Tick, have shown roller derby to be hardcore and so it shouldn't be an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_7B1HJsB40

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Warhammer Twitch are talking about Orlocks for Necromunda. They've just confirmed that they will be compatible with the Stealer Cult upgrade sprue. Their weapon list also deliberately covers the load out on the Chaos Cultist models so you could use those models if you prefer.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That’s very cool.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's actually really rad, looking forward to giving some cultists harpoon guns...

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Anyone have any early ideas for good starting Goliath crew loadouts? I'm not concerned with like, best of the best level stuff but before I start gluing poo poo I want to know my setups are at least passable.

ONe champ has to get the rivet cannon, and one ganger will get the grenade launcher. Juves will probably go double pistols? Is the leader better off with two melee weapons or hammer/pistol? I'm a little overwhelmed.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah I couldn't wait long.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
IMO, juves are better with pistol/melee or all melee combo, since they're not great shots, especially not Goliaths.

For my 10 dudes, I went
Power hammer, combi plasma lead
Renderizer champ
Rivet champ
Pistol/melee juve x 2
Grenade launcher ganger x2 (preparing for the future)
Stub gun ganger x 2
Shotgun/grenade ganger

All/most dudes have a melee weapon as a back up, just in case.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

moths posted:

Fast work. Nice! What parts did you use for the gun?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's an ork nob bionik arm that with a harpoon launcher, so I grafted that to the cultist's autogun.

There's nowhere to mount the cable spool, but it still mostly conveys the weapon.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I need Goliath hair color ideas.

Also, on Escher: if I wanted to go orange/gray and name them Blacklights, how do I do it? I was thinking about quarters: one bra cup orange and the inverse pants leg/boot orange, other cup gray and inverse leg/boot gray.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

moths posted:

It even comes pre-marked for Nurgle! :zombie:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
This isn't really SG specifically, but I'm not sure where to ask, so I'll put it out here. I'm looking for a PDF of the tablet edition (not a scan) of the September 2016 White Dwarf pages that had the boardgame extras (pages 44-65.) GW awesomely provided additional rules for a bunch of games, then made it so you'd have to cut up the magazine and destroy those rules/additional cards when you cut things out.

I have scanned the pages, but it's not as clear as a screenshot from the tablet app. If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate a PM.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 8, 2017

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

This isn't really SG specifically, but I'm not sure where to ask, so I'll put it out here. I'm looking for a PDF of the tablet edition (not a scan) of the September 2016 White Dwarf pages that had the boardgame extras (pages 44-65.) GW awesomely provided additional rules for a bunch of games, then made it so you'd have to cut up the magazine and destroy those rules/additional cards when you cut things out.

I have scanned the pages, but it's not as clear as a screenshot from the tablet app. If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate a PM.

we are not your army might be able to help if you dare wander there

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Schadenboner posted:

No that would be very good

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Holy crap! I've started assembling my Goliaths from the starter box and there are way more tiny bits than the last plastic kit I put together. I guess it's been a while. I just hope everything comes out nice once they're primed. I'm worried everything will be one giant fingerprinty gluey mess.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

GoodBee posted:

Holy crap! I've started assembling my Goliaths from the starter box and there are way more tiny bits than the last plastic kit I put together. I guess it's been a while. I just hope everything comes out nice once they're primed. I'm worried everything will be one giant fingerprinty gluey mess.

Try and get a bottle of plastic glue with a brush rather than an applicator, really helps control the amount you apply, especially on small surface areas. IMHO applicators are better for gluing big pieces like tanks.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Z the IVth posted:

Try and get a bottle of plastic glue with a brush rather than an applicator, really helps control the amount you apply, especially on small surface areas. IMHO applicators are better for gluing big pieces like tanks.

I haven't bought plastic glue in forever. Most of the stuff I've built recently has been metal or some WMH plastics that were second hand. To be honest, I have a bit of a fear of plastic glues because what if I want to reassemble my minis. That shouldn't matter in this case because I don't intend to do that. Mostly I don't buy it because it doesn't work on everything. And I'm old.

Edit: who makes plastic glue with a brush? I think I've used the Testors with the needle-like applicator way in the past.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 8, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man I've been planning roller derby esher for months but have no idea how to pull it off...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

GoodBee posted:

I haven't bought plastic glue in forever. Most of the stuff I've built recently has been metal or some WMH plastics that were second hand. To be honest, I have a bit of a fear of plastic glues because what if I want to reassemble my minis. That shouldn't matter in this case because I don't intend to do that. Mostly I don't buy it because it doesn't work on everything. And I'm old.

Edit: who makes plastic glue with a brush? I think I've used the Testors with the needle-like applicator way in the past.

I use the glue made by Plastruct, which works on most plastics. It comes with a brush attached the lid, and I really prefer that way for application. There is no chance that I'll accidentally goop out too much, and I can wipe down the brush to just the smallest amount needed. Their mix is very thin, it's not like a gel you sometimes see for plastic glue, and you can use it to actually remove connection lines by brushing a very thin amount over the top of the join.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Anyone in the states want to split an Escher box since it's two identical sprues? I want to build 5 gangers but not 10.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah if anyone finds a good write-up on loadouts for either gang I'd definitely be interested in Reading.

From what I get it's best to specialize and not by multiple weapons but I don't really see any downside to mellee + grenades and and I'm curious what people think are good loadouts for miscellaneous items as well

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

GoodBee posted:

Tamiya Thin Plastic Cement is the greatest thing man has invented since the wheel.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah if anyone finds a good write-up on loadouts for either gang I'd definitely be interested in Reading.

From what I get it's best to specialize and not by multiple weapons but I don't really see any downside to mellee + grenades and and I'm curious what people think are good loadouts for miscellaneous items as well

Based on oldcromunda experience, you want to be careful about being too light on bodies. Like there isn't anything wrong with giving out grenades and marker, but if you do that you nay end up down a ganger. Having more people is valuable at the beginning as they'll level up and ameliorate deaths.

Although iirc it's harder to change gear now, so you may not have the option to max bodies and gear up as you go.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I've been thinking a lot about Roller Derby Escher. I've reffed a bunch of derby for about 6 years. I've even roped three other tabletop gamers into it. Turns out being a rules nerds who likes to yell at people when they're wrong is a great overlap with being a ref. And roller derby is fun as hell. It's great exercise too. Check out your local teams and see when they're doing a new freshmeat class.

Anyway, Escher already have the kneepads but they would need elbow pads, wrist guards and helmets. The first two are fairly doable with minor sculpting skills but helmets are a problem. The 80s punk hair is kind of a Necromunda thing. It would kind of bother me to replace it but it could be done. Or you could leave them helmetless, it's not like Underhive gangs have to adhere to WFTDA safety rules.

Then there's the wheels or no wheels question. If they're geared up, why wouldn't they have wheels? The Escher sprues have stupid combat heels, so those would have to go. You would have to make the soles flat, because skates don't bend. That's doable. You could probably be fine leaving off the elbow pads and wrist guards even with wheels, because there aren't any safety regs in the Underhive.

Then I'm not sure what else would distinguish your gang as a roller derby team. Derby players have numbers. They mark them on their arms, either on armbands or sharpied on. The numbers might match with their derby name.

For names and numbers, you could check twoevils.org/rollergirls.

I can probably find answers to specific questions.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

Tamiya Thin Plastic Cement is the greatest thing man has invented since the wheel.

Seconding this. It's perfect for infantry sized stuff.

I only use the standard tube applicator cements for big stuff like vehicles.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Seconding this. It's perfect for infantry sized stuff.

I only use the standard tube applicator cements for being stuff like vehicles.

yep, bought a bottle after seeing people sing its praises. i used it once, then immediately threw my testors cement in the trash