Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ertz cleared the concussion protocol today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm sitting Julio Jones for Josh Gordon this week.

EDIT: gently caress. Robby Anderson is probably gonna sit this week. Looks like Gordon & Julio will have to learn to play together.

EDIT 2: Wait, poo poo. What if I sat Julio for....Agholor? I know Lattimore is mean, but he is a rookie...maybe Julio go back in..

89 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 8, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

I'm sitting Julio Jones for Josh Gordon this week.

EDIT: gently caress. Robby Anderson is probably gonna sit this week. Looks like Gordon & Julio will have to learn to play together.

EDIT 2: Wait, poo poo. What if I sat Julio for....Agholor? I know Lattimore is mean, but he is a rookie...maybe Julio go back in..
I'm with you on the Gordon>Jones part but I think you gotta go Jones>Agholor. I was talking up the Lattimore matchup in the Sit/Start thread but I don't think Agholor's floor is strong enough against the Rams. You're probably better off riding Julio.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Drunk Nerds posted:

Good! Screw happiness and prior proper planning. Screw it!

I've been reading the ESPN top players on playoff fantasy football teams. It made me so angry I got real drunk. Then I realized I still had to write an article, so here's These 5 Most Common Players on Playoff Teams Will Make You Question Your Decision to Make Fantasy Football Your Religion. drat everything all to hell.

I have 4 of those 5 on my roster in my CBS league and Succop was my kicker before I grabbed Greg the Leg during byes.

I also have the #2 seed and 1st week bye.

So I guess I’m kind of a big deal and fantasy master.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I shouldn’t pick up any of these guys to play over Cousins vs SD right?

Right?

Right?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

I have 4 of those 5 on my roster in my CBS league and Succop was my kicker before I grabbed Greg the Leg during byes.

I also have the #2 seed and 1st week bye.

So I guess I’m kind of a big deal and fantasy master.

That's cool. I have none of them, except Perine who I have on the only team I own that didnt make the playoffs, haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I have a Funchess. UDFA who kicked rear end for a couple games when I needed him then became insanely valuable after that trade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Finished 9-4 and tied for first (although on points I really should have been closer to the middle of the pack). Got a first round playoff matchup with the guy whose team is literally named "Team Auto" and who has rostered Antonio Gates and Zay Jones all year. Sweet! Let's just set my lineup...

:shepicide:

There must be someone besides Witten.

Other than that it's not terrible. Especially if Jordan Howard actually shows and semblance of productivity.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Alfalfa posted:

I shouldn’t pick up any of these guys to play over Cousins vs SD right?

Right?

Right?

I'm thinking about Garoppolo over Cousins, and I'm probably gonna keep thinking about it until 9:55 AM on Sunday. Cousins has a scary floor with his terrible O-line in another road game.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

In non ppr do I start Freeman or Coleman tonight vs the Saints over Dion Lewis, Jamaal Williams, or Derrick Henry? I feel like I’m killing myself leaving Freeman on the bench here but I do not have a good feeling about this game for the falcons.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Santheb posted:

In non ppr do I start Freeman or Coleman tonight vs the Saints over Dion Lewis, Jamaal Williams, or Derrick Henry? I feel like I’m killing myself leaving Freeman on the bench here but I do not have a good feeling about this game for the falcons.

Its not a ridiculous move, no matter who you end up going with. I'd probably got Lewis

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm starting Dalton over Cousins

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If i own AP and Kerwynn is available, should i drop Woodhead for him? .5 PPR

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Didn't get an answer in Sit Start so cross-posting here. Need two RBs in Half-ppr.

Freeman vs NO
Coleman vs. NO
Howard @ CIN
Bernard vs. CHI

Freeman has disappointed all year and I am wondering if its getting too cute playing Coleman over him. But my thinking is that NO is going to get a lead and ATL will be forced to throw a lot, meaning Coleman would probably see more work than Freeman? I would go Howard/Bernard if everyone played Sunday since I would know if Mixon was out, but don't have that luxury.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Didn't get an answer in Sit Start so cross-posting here. Need two RBs in Half-ppr.

Freeman vs NO
Coleman vs. NO
Howard @ CIN
Bernard vs. CHI

Freeman has disappointed all year and I am wondering if its getting too cute playing Coleman over him. But my thinking is that NO is going to get a lead and ATL will be forced to throw a lot, meaning Coleman would probably see more work than Freeman? I would go Howard/Bernard if everyone played Sunday since I would know if Mixon was out, but don't have that luxury.

Freeman and Bernard (or Howard if Mixon plays).

Don’t play Coleman over Freeman.

tonic fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 8, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So is Kamara being done for the night after one series going to gently caress anyone else in playoffs?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Spermy Smurf posted:

So is Kamara being done for the night after one series going to gently caress anyone else in playoffs?

lol yup I'm screwed

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

coronaball posted:

There must be someone besides Witten.

Other than that it's not terrible. Especially if Jordan Howard actually shows and semblance of productivity.

You think? Witten is the TE10 in PPR and is facing the Giants, who are dead last against TEs. I was pretty excited to see him on the wire when Gronk's suspension was announced.

ASJ is the only guy I'd consider over him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
DeShaun'll come out... Kamara!

drat I'm drunk

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's weird to say but despite the INT I'm satisfied that Brees scored more than 15 points for once.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yah I think I’m done in the league where I had Kamara vs his Thomas and Lutz.

Gonna lose to a guy who was 4-8 and made the playoffs because only two people didn’t get in in this league. My team in that league is probably my weakest, looking at all of them. Oh well, thanks for the fun times this year Kamara. Top 5 next year for sure?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have Gronk and Kamara on a team on a Bye.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
*in extremely David Seville voice*

AAAAALLLLLVVVIIIIINNNNNNNN

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Have a bye this week but Rodgers was just dropped in my league.

I have Smith and Keenum rostered. Should I drop one to pick him up for week 15 maybe and 16 vs Min?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Have a bye this week but Rodgers was just dropped in my league.

I have Smith and Keenum rostered. Should I drop one to pick him up for week 15 maybe and 16 vs Min?

Who on earth rostered Rodgers until now and is dropping him when he's practicing and looks to be nearing a return? :confused:

You absolutely pick him up - even if you're concerned about how he'll look - just to block other people. I'd drop Keenum.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Liquid Banjo posted:

Would anyone start any of these QBs over Kirk Cousins (vs. ARI, then vs. DEN) for week 15 and/or 16?

Keenum @GB, vs. CHI
Bortles @SF, @TEN
McCown vs. LAC, @NE
Gabbert vs. NYG, @SEA
Manning @ARI, vs. WAS

Probably not but it's not right if I don't second guess everything on my 2nd seed bye.

Your hunch is correct. Just temper expectations for that spot.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 8, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

Keenum might be as productive as the other two. If your likely or strongest opponent might need a QB (say they have Jameis, Ben or Bortles) then I would consider finding a way to keep-away all three.

That’s what I was thinking. Current roster

QB: Smith, Keenum
RB: Hunt, McKinnon, Murray, Barber, Darkwa, Davis
WR: Evans, Jeffrey, Funchess, Crabtree
TE: Rudolph
D/ST: Jag
K: Greg da leg

The guy who dropped him is actually a playoff team too and is rostering Carr and Rivers and he dropped him for D. Henry lol

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 8, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Oh, yeah, drop Barber for him imo. Thought you needed to drop one of the 2 QBs.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oh, yeah, drop Barber for him imo. Thought you needed to drop one of the 2 QBs.

Thanks. Dropped Barber after looking at other playoff teams QB situations.

#1 seed is rolling with Ben and Tyrod so I’d like to keep all 3 qb’s away from him.

Everyone else is set though.

Wentz & Wilson
Brady & Cousins
Rivers & Carr
Goff

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

"Matt Ryan is a top 5 QB this week"
- Sean Koerner, Mike Tagliere, and a bunch of other idiots.

"Better listen to these experts".
-Me, also an idiot

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
Would anyone start any of these QBs over Kirk Cousins (vs. ARI, then vs. DEN) for week 15 and/or 16?

Keenum @GB, vs. CHI
Bortles @SF, @TEN
McCown vs. LAC, @NE
Gabbert vs. NYG, @SEA
Manning @ARI, vs. WAS

Probably not but it's not right if I don't second guess everything on my 2nd seed bye.

Liquid Banjo fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 8, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Butter Hole posted:

-Me, also an idiot

Literally no fantasy football people know what they're talking about including us. Fantasy football is 100% gambling and the best you can do is Don't Sit Your Studs, play matchups, and pray.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

-Me, also an idiot

Me too

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I dropped Matt Ryan two weeks ago and he screwed the #3 guy out of a bye and now his playoff fight is a lot tougher. :3:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Mixon is out. Fire up your Bernards.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I really should have ran with a weekly fill in over Ryan at qb. I even stashed Rodgers for week 15, I don't know why I felt committed to start Ryan.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I really should have ran with a weekly fill in over Ryan at qb. I even stashed Rodgers for week 15, I don't know why I felt committed to start Ryan.

I have Keenum who seems to be perpetually underrated. And rodgers stashed. lmao

at least he scored some points and did not complete the full jay cutler special

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

Mixon is out. Fire up your Bernards.

Thank you goons; I picked him up in time.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
drat I was kinda hoping to flex Barber but now I’m not sure anymore.

Gdi Bucs give the kid a chance, Martin has been literally one of the worst backs this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My friend kept Bernard all year and cut him a week ago and now the guy he's playing in the playoffs picked him up and is running him against him. This'll be fun.

• Locked thread