Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's a good change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

RIP Sortie D hostage jail.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

From the look of it parts break off pretty much instantly.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If Reddit is accurate:

-With 188 power strength, Mass Vitrify only has 4000 health per section
-Ivara can no longer roll in Prowl
-Sonicor and Jat Kittag no longer launch dudes into space

cool patch

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

If Reddit is accurate:

-Ivara can no longer roll in Prowl
-Sonicor and Jat Kittag no longer launch dudes into space

cool patch

At least enemies will spread themselves out evenly and not funnel in at concentrated points and flood in making the wall pointless once they're all inside?!

Also, something about a Volt with max power strength and no damage cap being "insane" by killing a room of lvl30 enemies by spending hundreds of energy and therefore not making it in?

This update is a bit of a mess. I hope they do something about Gara's 4. The concept is fine but it's worthless as it is now. They could have at least done something about her terrible 3 while they were nerfing her 4.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

BeAuMaN posted:

"When combined with the millions of Focus saved on pool capacity, the cost of Focus as a whole will be roughly half of what it is currently."

Tallgeese, does that mean you've maxed Focus yet for Focus 2.5? :allears:

I will max Zenurik, Vazarin, Naramon instantly.

Madurai will be in a pretty good spot.

Not so much for Unairu.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Soothing Vapors posted:

DE really doesn't understand the level scaling in their game.

The fishing changes seem neat through. Bait and the like now work for the whole party, so you can have 4-man goon fishing expeditions where everyone takes turns using it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
no one can rest safely until the volt menace is stopped

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Zenurik, complete. Requires 172 focus pool. Total cost, including pool, is a hair over 20.5 million. I had 21 million.

Vazarin, complete. 4 million surplus.

Naramon, complete. 6 million surplus.

Madurai, over 70% complete.

So I basically just have to do Unairu and I'm done with focus forever.

If I were psychic and knew this was coming I'd be done now, but I'll live.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 8, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those fuckers killed sonicor

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cool, the game crashes frequently, and they still haven't done anything about the "if you get dropped during a game you don't get to keep all the exp, void echoes, and resources" issue.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Ivara can no longer roll while invis? noooooooooooooo

...time to finally get around to building loki.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ivara's invis was already strictly worse than loki's for the purposes of the game at large so i dunno what the purpose of that change is

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ivara's great at vaults and merely okay at everything else

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the Ivara thing might be a bug

The chat for these Twitch game awards is just a million people spamming CLEM

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

the Ivara thing might be a bug

:swoon:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Soothing Vapors posted:

First and last Twitch chat I've been in. Yikes.

Reinstalled after taking a three-year break from update 14 on. PS4 buddy sold me on Plains of Eidolon. A few questions for anyone kind enough to answer:

- Are clan form submissions still monitored? I'm not expecting an immediate turnaround, just curious as to whether that's still a thing.

- Mirage was newish when I quit. Mirage + Attica on faction Defense was the easy peasy grind outside of Void missions, and I'm MR12 with most of the non-Prime stuff that was available at that point. I have a dog, but not an Archwing, and have no experience with Syndicate stuff. I have 14 new* frames to start grinding for and god only knows what weapons and material requirements look like now. I think I'm still decently geared for mid-late game. In terms of maximizing progression to catch up with pubbies and whatever the meta is now, should I just work through major content in the order it was released, or are milestones like The War Within worth jumping straight into?

- Out of curiosity, is Denzine still around?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Quirkk posted:

At least enemies will spread themselves out evenly and not funnel in at concentrated points and flood in making the wall pointless once they're all inside?!

Also, something about a Volt with max power strength and no damage cap being "insane" by killing a room of lvl30 enemies by spending hundreds of energy and therefore not making it in?

This update is a bit of a mess. I hope they do something about Gara's 4. The concept is fine but it's worthless as it is now. They could have at least done something about her terrible 3 while they were nerfing her 4.

Gara is still the strongest frame in the game. I expect they will buff the health on her 4 some more because there's not a huge cost to them doing so. But her ability to hand out 90% DR like popcorn + infinite scaling that is trivial to maintain on her 2 means that she is still going to be absolutely insane. The wall was her most game-warping gimmick certainly but it wasn't her strongest.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

zgrowler2 posted:

You betcha

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Fish Noise posted:

You betcha

ayyyyy

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

zgrowler2 posted:

First and last Twitch chat I've been in. Yikes.

Reinstalled after taking a three-year break from update 14 on. PS4 buddy sold me on Plains of Eidolon. A few questions for anyone kind enough to answer:

- Are clan form submissions still monitored? I'm not expecting an immediate turnaround, just curious as to whether that's still a thing.

- Mirage was newish when I quit. Mirage + Attica on faction Defense was the easy peasy grind outside of Void missions, and I'm MR12 with most of the non-Prime stuff that was available at that point. I have a dog, but not an Archwing, and have no experience with Syndicate stuff. I have 14 new* frames to start grinding for and god only knows what weapons and material requirements look like now. I think I'm still decently geared for mid-late game. In terms of maximizing progression to catch up with pubbies and whatever the meta is now, should I just work through major content in the order it was released, or are milestones like The War Within worth jumping straight into?

Clan invites are going to be slow on PS4 for a while because I think someone said the clan is full and no one active has the authority to kick the inactive people. On PC someone usually invites you within a day.

I would go straight for War Within and Second Dream to unlock the new stuff, and to not be spoiled on them because they are, for a F2P game where I have killed 1 million people with shuriken, pretty good. Then you can do the other quests in whatever order you wish, if you're after a particular BP. Chains of Harrow is pretty good.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

Clan invites are going to be slow on PS4 for a while because I think someone said the clan is full and no one active has the authority to kick the inactive people. On PC someone usually invites you within a day.

I would go straight for War Within and Second Dream to unlock the new stuff, and to not be spoiled on them because they are, for a F2P game where I have killed 1 million people with shuriken, pretty good. Then you can do the other quests in whatever order you wish, if you're after a particular BP. Chains of Harrow is pretty good.

Will do, thanks! I'm on PC, dunno why I didn't specify that from the get-go.

I just ducked into gibbis, also for the first time in forever, and the State of the Forums seems pretty dire judging from the "DOOM HOUSE 3.0 (but also Lowtax and Momma Lowtax have some ongoing health issues and the website isn't getting any cheaper)" thread. Is there a Discord or somewhere else clan people congregate in the event that the forums go down anytime soon? The cynic in me assumed this place would go dark a while back, but eventually Lowtax might have to cut his losses and actually pull the plug.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The answers you seek are in the OP (yes there is a discord server).

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
How will I be able to tell when they've given me my drat cape so I can apportion my bandwidth to something I actually care about (i.e., killing hundreds of deformed mutant spess mahreens)?

sabbathi
Sep 20, 2017
What if this is purgatory, and we never actually get the cape, we're just stuck here for the rest of eternity tabbing back into a stream on mute.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Ghost of Starman posted:

How will I be able to tell when they've given me my drat cape so I can apportion my bandwidth to something I actually care about (i.e., killing hundreds of deformed mutant spess mahreens)?

I got an ingame mail when i left a mission when mine showed up

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

sabbathi posted:

What if this is purgatory, and we never actually get the cape, we're just stuck here for the rest of eternity tabbing back into a stream on mute.

god if purgatory were a twitch stream then what would hell be

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for anyone curious, warframe didn't win that game award. it was overwatch instead, i guess

sabbathi
Sep 20, 2017

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

god if purgatory were a twitch stream then what would hell be

It was the first stream I put on, and I'm pretty convinced I don't need to see any more. It was like watching a bunch of people trip over themselves to post the first meme they could in the chat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

for anyone curious, warframe didn't win that game award. it was overwatch instead, i guess

there is no way warframe is ever going to win an award over overwatch. like, even if it was "best game titled warframe", overwatch would still win.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Destiny 2 being up for best ongoing game is pretty hilarious

Khorne
May 1, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there is no way warframe is ever going to win an award over overwatch. like, even if it was "best game titled warframe", overwatch would still win.
I don't get why. Both games are garbage, but one of them has a certain charm and uniqueness to it. And it sure as heck isn't overwatch.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

How's the capes? Missed mine due to sudden acute appendicitis.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Khorne posted:

I don't get why. Both games are garbage, but one of them has a certain charm and uniqueness to it. And it sure as heck isn't overwatch.

Game reviews and gaming awards shows are paid-for advertising, and are not based on how fun, good, charming, or unique a game is.
Hope this helps.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I think a big part of it is that hardly anyone who talks about games for a living has played enough Warframe to really give it a fair shake. Which is kind of understandable, because if your job is to play lots of games, putting in hundreds of hours into a single game generally isn't a productive use of your time.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I wonder how much Blizzard paid for that e-sports award for Overwatch, because frankly the last couple of events they've done have been virtually unwatchable trash.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wait did blizzard win out on best esport over riot? What a joke.

Love em or hate em, League and DotA easily have the most impressive esports apparatuses in existence. The International for DotA and Worlds for League are both absolutely insane.

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 8, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Boo, this sucks.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Magres posted:

Wait did blizzard win out on best esport over riot? What a joke.

Love em or hate em, League and DotA easily have the most impressive esports apparatuses in existence. The International for DotA and Worlds for League are both absolutely insane.

F2P games exists in a weird spot where they get almost no press from the games media and is probably not on their radar that much. If there was a game awards for just F2P games Warframe would take a lot of prices home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I don't even know where I would go to get neural sensors but I hit 0 a few days ago, stuck distilling extractors on the planets that give them and now I have 30ish with no effort.

From a while back, but are Orokin Cells super rare from Extractors or something? I've had Distilling Extractors on Saturn and Ceres for like two weeks straight and never gotten a single Orokin Cells extract from them, and it seems like the game showered you in Neural Sensors comparatively, but afaik they're both Rare resources and should have the same drop rate.