Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

Clayshaper for the flat damage bonus.

I was looking at it but the damage bonus looks miniscule on PoB (~2%), feels like I'd be better off taking some purely defensive unique at that point.

Not sure how much Essence weapon would cost me early League either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Most of those threads on the prior page don't work.

It's a good thing this doesn't release until 3p EST, because I would have done nothing at work today otherwise.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

TheRat posted:

Tendrils -> CWC -> Arc -> Controlled destruction -> Lightning pen -> Added Lightning. Non-crit inquisitor still needs penetration.

I was going to do SR CWC Glacial Cascade with Elemental added as Chaos gear and double Pyre, but the new Lightning Tendrils with double Call of the Brotherhood does more DPS than that and doesn't need threshold jewels. So I'm wondering, what makes Lightning Tendrils CWC Arc better than just Tendrils alone? Is it just clear speed?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Magus42 posted:

What kind of idiot puts something in the guild stash that they don't want to be taken and used by someone else?

big different between take an item you need and CLEAR THE WHOLE TAB OUT.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Back for more minion questions: how does Poacher's Mark work with minions?

Does the life/mana on hit go to the player or the minions? Does the player gain extra Flask Charges when minions kill poo poo? Between the Player, the minion that strikes the killing blow, and all the other minions - which one(s) get Frenzy Charges?

E: Also is there any way to activate Rampage (like X stacks average) on PoB?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Most of those threads on the prior page don't work.

It looks like the website is eating poo poo right now. I assume this happens at the start of every league?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Pretty much, yes. This also looks set to big their biggest ever, again.

But they're usually pretty good about these things, it should be up soon.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Holyshoot posted:

big different between take an item you need and CLEAR THE WHOLE TAB OUT.

I don't even remember the last time that happened. Vendoring it gains you barely nothing, so you're just basement level trolling with barely an impact.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pharnakes posted:

People who've done GC mines, what did you level with initially? And when did you switch over? I was wondering if fire nova would work for levelling since all the nodes are +ele and +mine damage, but I've never tried fire nova so I have no idea.

1-12: flame trap + freeze pulse
12-28: flame trap + lightning trap->multitrap->added lightning
28+: GC->minefield->remote mine->physical to lightning

Elerion posted:

Any other parts of the build worth sharing? Key uniques? What are you spending all those spare 4Ls on?

Essence worm+wrath, Inpulsa's broken heart (if you can get it), wise oak, vessel of vinktar, mind of the council. Might change depending on new uniques and what you can get your hands on.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xequecal posted:

I was going to do SR CWC Glacial Cascade with Elemental added as Chaos gear and double Pyre, but the new Lightning Tendrils with double Call of the Brotherhood does more DPS than that and doesn't need threshold jewels. So I'm wondering, what makes Lightning Tendrils CWC Arc better than just Tendrils alone? Is it just clear speed?

It might not be better, I just want to do it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I took a fairly long break, have they reverted Warding flasks cancelling out map curses?

Cool thanks, probably my favourite stealth change.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 8, 2017

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Hamburger Test posted:

I took a fairly long break, have they reverted Warding flasks cancelling out map curses?

It still works. It's the only way I can stomach Temporal Chains maps.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nightwisher posted:

HH was fun but it's kinda boring after awhile, and I hate hate hate HATE getting the flicker-smoke rare mod.

edit: oh and on the build I was playing, the extra life I'd get from certain rare mods would gently caress up my very carefully balanced CWDT procs by pushing my life over the threshold where the self-damage from heartbound loop would no longer cause me to proc savage hit, and I'd die in almost an instant :v:

hh is only fun if you have the right build for it imo. If your build is slow by nature it's not going to be that great. And it ramps up in fun the more poo poo you can kill. I'd say the optimal usage for a hh is a build that clears the screen in a second or two and you're running a fully sextented giant pack size zana breach map. If you aren't doing that might as well sell it.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Could I get a guild invite for adaymaycome? thanks

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

College Rockout posted:

Could I get a guild invite for adaymaycome? thanks

sent

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What are some builds that scale hard with a necro aurabot but also allow you to solo decently and can kill bosses?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

What are some builds that scale hard with a necro aurabot but also allow you to solo decently and can kill bosses?

Wander, archer

Mulozon Empuri
Jan 23, 2006

I want to play SSFHC but I keep dying to the act bosses.

I'll think I'll spend the next five hours trying to convince myself to play another league.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Mulozon Empuri posted:

I want to play SSFHC but I keep dying to the act bosses.

I'll think I'll spend the next five hours trying to convince myself to play another league.

get more life

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Anyone got a good archer build theorycrafted out using that new goddess turret gem? I think I'd like to start Deadeye and transition into Pathfinder once I get Vinktar (or equivalent flask wealth, as it were).

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

pork never goes bad posted:

Anyone got a good archer build theorycrafted out using that new goddess turret gem? I think I'd like to start Deadeye and transition into Pathfinder once I get Vinktar (or equivalent flask wealth, as it were).

its probably equally good for every bow skill, iirc it works out to ~35% more mod while turreting and probably more if you have to move ever

alternatively just make a curse on hit setup with it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

I'm really interested to see how the interface on this works.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Welp. 15 bucks for a tab is a lot. But it is something I've always wanted.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I had to guess, you click on each map icon and a fold-out menu appears with up to 72 maps. It'll probably be sortable like the Divination Card tab and give you the option to only show maps you have.

I guess I'm spending 15 bucks on this thing the second it appears in the store.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how will it handle magic/rare maps

if it sorted them then hell yeah

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
$15 is .... a lot... I guess you could consider it paying for the expansion?

How soon did previous special tabs go on sale? I'm all for the map tab, but I can wait

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Drunk Badger posted:

How soon did previous special tabs go on sale? I'm all for the map tab, but I can wait

Yeah I think I can struggle on till a sale.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Already bought a supporter pack so sure why not. More useful than a div card tab imo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Drunk Badger posted:

1. buy a supporter pack
2. realize you have 400+ points now and nothing in the store looks good
3. buy a map tab

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think at this point the special tabs have cut down my need for premium tabs considerably. As it stands in Harbinger I had like, 10-12 tabs that were not even named sitting in the back of my stash.

I could probably get by with like 6 premium tabs assuming the map tab holds fragments too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The currency tab is too good. I'd have paid 50$ for it in retrospect.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Can I get a guild invite on Kumbo

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

1. buy a supporter pack
2. realize you have 2400+ points now and nothing in the store looks good
3. buy a map tab

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

euphronius posted:

The currency tab is too good. I'd have paid 50$ for it in retrospect.

I'd never have paid that much for it, which is a shame because it's so irreplaceably useful. I think the currency tab is the closest thing PoE has to a pay-to-win element; having one tab all your currency can fit into makes stash management so much faster.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I'm at $60 worth of stash tabs invested into this game, and I guess this is going to make it $75. More than I'd usually pay for a base game but when we get to expansions I guess $75 is still under budget.

I'm not sure I'd ever pay for a cosmetic mtx at any price, but the way they are currently priced makes the decision way easier.

FWIW I think the maps tab will be useful enough that everyone is going to buy it, and they priced it as such. Considering the development effort that had to go into adding sub-tabs I don't think it's a money grab.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Can I get a guild invite on Kumbo

sent

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I was looking for cool Elementalist Witch builds to play and came across this Clayshaper / Primordial 'Golemancer' build. Has anyone here tried it? How is it?

Are the Primordial jewels typically expensive?

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

1. buy a supporter pack
2. realize you have 400+ points now and nothing in the store looks good
3. buy a map tab

Yeah, that's a good point. And I just had a game refunded on Steam because I ended up with a free key from elsewhere, so there's $20 I can throw at stash tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Sab669 posted:

I was looking for cool Elementalist Witch builds to play and came across this Clayshaper / Primordial 'Golemancer' build. Has anyone here tried it? How is it?

Are the Primordial jewels typically expensive?

Really good but expensive for a league starter. Required jewels to get it started is like 200c.