Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

BlazeEmblem posted:

The list linked in the second post says that he is on rate up during the prep summons for Accel Zero Order.

i completely forgot that was a thing, whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I think story locked servants are also in the class specific gachas that pop up around the 1-year anniversary.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Jack keeps taking off her coat.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got 2 HNS to drop from the 40 AP quest :toot: Going to grind like crazy over the weekend now that I have that sweet 100%/+16 bonus and some free space to equip other CEs.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I need one of those drops so badly. Putting Limited / Zero Over on Alter or Nobu should make everything much faster

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

I'd like to think that when Emiya saw Santa Alter jump onto their ship he was thinking to himself "Oh what is this fresh hell"

The subplot of this whole game is Emiya just trying to run the Chaldea cafeteria in peace but constantly being interrupted by a neverending stream of friends and family who have been possessed by deities, are from alternate realities, or are just wearing an embarrassing costume.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bakanogami posted:

The subplot of this whole game is Emiya just trying to run the Chaldea cafeteria in peace but constantly being interrupted by a neverending stream of friends and family who have been possessed by deities, are from alternate realities, or are just wearing an embarrassing costume.

wheres my lion seiba, typemoon

where is my lion seiba

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
My personal rule is to never throw shade on another man's waifu, but I really do gotta say

I don't get the appeal of Jeanne Alter. She's clearly a community-beloved character, and it's not that I hate her, but I really don't get it.

Bakanogami posted:

I had Emiya show up on a random-rear end ticket thrown into the story gacha early on. Since then, Cu, Medusa, Medea, Kojirou, and Cursed-Arm have all shown up.

My Chaldea is a Seibah and a Herakles away from a F:SN reunion, and then they can all sit around a bowl of stir-fry and reminisce about that time they all tried (and in some cases succeeded) to murder each other.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 8, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Crasical posted:

My personal rule is to never throw shade on another man's waifu, but I really do gotta say

I don't get the appeal of Jeanne Alter. She's clearly a community-beloved character, and it's not that I hate her, but I really don't get it.

Gameplay wise she's the biggest offensive powerhouse in the game so many people like her for that.

Personality wise she's a tryhard edgelord who's also a tsundere and also something of a humongous dork, and those are appealing traits for many people.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
She has amazing taste in men

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

people like jalter for the same reason the first thing the fandom did when they found out reapers backstory was to re-imagine him as a cutesy dad instead of mass murdering terrorist

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Except in Jalter's case it's canon

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm now at a point with Jack's level and her first skill where NP-Q-Q is able to kill Anne/Mary and Boudica in one turn and that's pretty OK.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

roulette really needs a 'spend all' option

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Don't worry we are waiting for that in the JP version as well

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They're doing a Singularity rateup on NA during the downtime week and I mention this solely because they have Caster Cu and Caster Gilles on rateup during those banners.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Mmm, I kinda want caster cu tbh.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Finally got a HNS CE drop.

And of course it's totally pointless unless I have at least 6 CEs.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Since I like seeing growing men cry I thought I'd mention that one 10 roll and two tickets got me Abi, the brown bunny girl caster and an Emiya.
I'm not sure what the wiki has against her but being strong against berserkers is pretty nifty. Even at only level 65 she facetanks like a pro.
When does jp christmas usually start? I'm completely out of xp cards.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
We don't know the exact date, but there's a scheduled maintenance on the 11th, so probably not too long after that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah, same. I feel bad for all of the Santas with non-MLB HNS I am skipping but that street goes two ways since of course I don't have one either. Then again if you're running the lottery it's not like anyone is hurting for FP.

I'm currently at 13 or so boxes and while I'm not sure I'll be able to get to my hypothetical maximum (37 more, so about 50 total) that is still a huge chunk of resources that I will gladly dig into.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also I've worked out a system where I switch betwen 40AP and 50AP depending on whether I'm in a situation where I can afford to pay attention to what I'm doing or not.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i only did 50 once to get the crystallized lore i'm not bothering with that anymore since i only need stars from now on

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Aaaaand I got a second drop like an hour and change later.

I guess this sort of makes up for missing out on rolling any new Servants for Christmas? (Not really. But I take what I can get.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jeanne Alter gets a lot better in her focus event, right now she's just kind of a generic villain but she gets lots of nuance and funny character quirks once she's actually playable. And Shinjuku is an entire singularity of her and Saber Alter arguing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. Always a plus.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Crasical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaI0FbqmywM

JAlter starts at around 6:50 or so.

I can see why she appeals to folks.

Edit: I have no reading comprehension, and got my Alters mixed-up

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 8, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That's SAlter. JAlter is the world's worst tsundere. As in, she tries to be but fails massively at every stage.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That's SAlter. JAlter is the world's worst tsundere. As in, she tries to be but fails massively at every stage.

That just makes her more endearing.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm just making sure, but I can still spend socks to roll the lottery for a few days after the event is over, right?

Because I have a huge stack of apples that I intend on going through tonight and for most of tomorrow, and I'd rather focus on doing more runs than going through the box opening and ember spending process.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Sophism posted:

I'm just making sure, but I can still spend socks to roll the lottery for a few days after the event is over, right?

Because I have a huge stack of apples that I intend on going through tonight and for most of tomorrow, and I'd rather focus on doing more runs than going through the box opening and ember spending process.

This is a very important question that needs to be answered.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Jalter gets great fanart like this series:
https://imgur.com/a/VHBov

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Oh look, caster Gilles is on a rate up. I guess I will try for him then, since he is only a 3 star.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Does the Apocrypha anime ever reach full train-wreck status, or does it just stay bland and uninteresting forever?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

genericnick posted:

Since I like seeing growing men cry I thought I'd mention that one 10 roll and two tickets got me Abi, the brown bunny girl caster and an Emiya.
I'm not sure what the wiki has against her but being strong against berserkers is pretty nifty. Even at only level 65 she facetanks like a pro.
When does jp christmas usually start? I'm completely out of xp cards.

aaaaaaAAHHHHH

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The story never outright trainwrecks, but it just plods along to its predictable and inevitable conclusion. So yeah. Bland and uninteresting.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also that's 20 boxes cleared so far. I guess I'm more or less on track for a 50+ box clear.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I went ahead and did a guide for the next two banners, since they kind of just pop up with no context. Enjoy Finn McCool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
bryn is v. cute and I personally prefer her to Shishou

As someone who uses her as my main Lancer, Primordial Rune is really the only thing I'm regularly disappointed by. I mean, I guess 30% NP Damage down pairs nicely with like Mashu or Waver or something, but for the most part I kind of just forget about the skill. I do wish that her anti-Bryn's Beloved lasted for the entire turn instead of just working on her NP though.