Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Datamined unique:

quote:

Inpulsa's Broken Heart Sadist Garb

+50 to maximum Life
50% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
10% increased Effect of Shock
Unaffected by Shock
Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 10% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage

Hello there intriguing chest armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sab669 posted:

I was looking for cool Elementalist Witch builds to play and came across this Clayshaper / Primordial 'Golemancer' build. Has anyone here tried it? How is it?

Are the Primordial jewels typically expensive?

the primordial jewels are among the rarest items in the game and cost like 6ex at the start for anima, and 2-3 ex for the other ones. and you need 11

good luck

AegisP posted:

Datamined unique:

if by datamined you mean posted to the poe reddit front page a week ago then yes

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

AegisP posted:

Datamined unique:

That's already been teased and yeah its preeetty good

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mark did say that wasn't its final form somewhere. If it goes into the game like that it's definitely the new Skyforth in terms of 'lol this poo poo is broken as gently caress'.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the primordial jewels are among the rarest items in the game and cost like 6ex at the start for anima, and 2-3 ex for the other ones. and you need 11

good luck

if by datamined you mean posted to the poe reddit front page a week ago then yes

There's plenty of other ways to waste money on that build too (presence of chayula, skin of the loyal in the right colors, lvl 4 empower).

Also not sure there's a ton of reason to go elementalist anymore, since you cant afk the end game bosses now. Might as well go necro. Spectres are almost certainly the better necro build right now similar play style, but cheaper and easier to get going while also probably being faster at almost everything.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I clearly have been hiding under a rock :(

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

There's plenty of other ways to waste money on that build too (presence of chayula, skin of the loyal in the right colors, lvl 4 empower).

Also not sure there's a ton of reason to go elementalist anymore, since you cant afk the end game bosses now. Might as well go necro. Spectres are almost certainly the better necro build right now similar play style, but cheaper and easier to get going while also probably being faster at almost everything.

I'd imagine the price on primordial stuff is going to come down somewhat now isn't it? Still going to be stupid expensive though I'm sure.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

good luck

I know MBT's gimmick is posting ridiculous hyperbole, but just to be clear, you do not need 11. You need one super expensive jewel, one fairly expensive jewel, then a load of relatively cheap jewels. The rest of the gear can get pricey though, especially now you can't lie on the floor dead while your golems kill bosses.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Seems like lots of people are going spectres, wondering what that's gonna do to the price of vis mortis. Is it okay to roll with just 3 spectres or should I stay with SRS until I get the vis mortis?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Inglonias posted:

I want to roll with Molten Strike somehow, but I'm at work and can't get Path of Building. Can someone give me a few vague hints? (Which class, which ascendancy, that sort of thing)

I typically make my builds by picking a gem and buffing that to hell. Mix in copious eHP nodes, and I'm good to go, basically.

Self quoting because my question was not answered (probs because the last post was at the bottom of the page)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

Seems like lots of people are going spectres, wondering what that's gonna do to the price of vis mortis. Is it okay to roll with just 3 spectres or should I stay with SRS until I get the vis mortis?

I'm going spectres out the gate, gently caress it. I don't like SRS very much.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You could put molten strike into the old lazy pally build in sure.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920

euphronius fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 8, 2017

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

MMF Freeway posted:

My plan is to switch as soon as I get to areas with good spectre candidates and use a Tabula until I can afford to 5L a Vis Mortis.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
if you want a hipster summoner build try skeleton mages instead, dead reckoning/to dust are pretty expensive but not multiple ex iirc

also it should be Extremely powerful now since they have 150% added flat damage instead of 70%

(altho that might also hike up the price of the jewels)

e: 3 dead reckonings is ~90c on standard while anima stone + 1 primordial might is ~370c; obviously these prices will be different in abyss but that should give you a general idea of their relative prices

e2: also still dont do this as a league starter bc even if they're cheap you still need a shitload of uniques, start as SRS or spectres and swap once you can afford it

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 8, 2017

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Could i get a guild invite: vinnytk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ancestral call with molten strike might be pretty good

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

1. bought 2 top tier supporter packs and multiple league ones
2. realize you have no points now and wonder where they went
3. upgrade current supporter pack
4. buy map tab

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

Could i get a guild invite: vinnytk

"the specified character does not exist"

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
gently caress Mathil is doing Lightning Tendrils as a league starter. At least there aren't really any build enabling uniques to skyrocket in price I guess.

Also, could I get an invite - char name: Arzachel

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are there threshold gems for tendrils? They'll probably be annoyingly expensive for awhile.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

euphronius posted:

Are there threshold gems for tendrils? They'll probably be annoyingly expensive for awhile.

there's one datamined that gives 4% aoe per enemy per tick but the way it reads makes me think it was in the 3.0 beta for the old tendrils and got cut

e: http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Boundless_Grasp

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Arzachel posted:

gently caress Mathil is doing Lightning Tendrils as a league starter. At least there aren't really any build enabling uniques to skyrocket in price I guess.

Also, could I get an invite - char name: Arzachel

sent

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

TheRat posted:

"the specified character does not exist"

poo poo, thought it was account name

character name is LamentableFireDuder

e: thanks!

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 8, 2017

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Guild full up yet? Need a reinvite for Skullette

Thanks much!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

poo poo, thought it was account name

character name is LamentableFireDuder

Slo-Tek posted:

Guild full up yet? Need a reinvite for Skullette

Thanks much!

sent

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

it looks like that RF nerf for spectres is around like 11% less damage, so really not that big of a hit.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Looking over a few summoner builds to start the league with, I've noticed a few are CI. What's the general feeling on CI currently?

The three I'm primarily looking at, feedback would be appreciated:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623489
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1949867
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1996394

Also played with animate weapon a bit, fun and seemed to be very powerful as long as you kept moving and enough stuff dropped to animate. Shame my framerate dropped to garbage when I finally amassed a good sized army

You might also consider getting some ideas from this too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_8wYGyhbNI

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Found this mom storm call spell cascade inquisitor on reddit: https://pastebin.com/T1iziTJs

They're using deadly ailment as a placeholder for spell cascade's lowered damage. I've dreamt of doin storm call for all my life and spell cascade seems like it could be cool. Could this work well as a good league starter?

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

whalestory posted:

Found this mom storm call spell cascade inquisitor on reddit: https://pastebin.com/T1iziTJs

They're using deadly ailment as a placeholder for spell cascade's lowered damage. I've dreamt of doin storm call for all my life and spell cascade seems like it could be cool. Could this work well as a good league starter?

At first I thought They were using deadly ailment because its the only other gem that has a less/reduced duration modifier, but that must be swift affliction then. Can't say I'm a huge fan of using DA, but im not gonna act like I'm an expert.

Anyway, i've heard a lot of people talking bout storm call cascade so im sure its fine. You can easily switch to arc/ek/spark/lightning tendrils if it doesn't turn out as good as you hoped.

10bux fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 8, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really like storm call so I might do something with it later on. I last did it in uh...prophecy? so it's been awhile.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I'm still totally unsure of what I'm gonna run :ohdear:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

same. im like 51% ngamahu slayer. 49% undecided.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm leaning towards slayer and necro as the starter, not sure how well spectre necros can do full key uberlab runs without accidently killing a key condition.

I wonder how good corpse explosion skills will be now, including the old one.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Inglonias posted:

"Molten strike"

Self quoting because my question was not answered (probs because the last post was at the bottom of the page)

Molten Strike is amazing and just received a substantial buff due to ancestral call. Now it's great AOE and still one of the top tier single target dps skills. Your basic tree is going to be scaling physical damage with the weapon of your choosing, a bit of elemental damage with penetration, duelist leech, some projectile stuff (Point Blank, Iron Grip), EO or Crit, and then lots of life. So basically you just hug the outside all the way from primeval force to Templar and just dip into maurader and duelist for health, damage and life leech. Eventually you wanna wear Xoph's blood for full fire conversion and some really good other stats. Here's my favorite ways to play it:

1. Brutus Lead Sprinkler, easily number one. Every 10 strength ends up giving you: 4 to 7 fire damage to attacks, 5 flat life, 2% melee physical damage, and 2% projectile damage. Bezerker is your best choice here. Use Lycosidae in offhand.

2. Raider/Pathfinder. Probably would use swords ideally, even dreamfeathers would work great. Same as before but you won't be stacking strength. Just grab phys, crit, acc, and then the elemental nodes.

3. Inquisitor. Claws preferably, with lots of crit. just travel to shadow and pick up crit and claw phys nodes and leech. Remember crit is your ele pen, and ele pen is worthless.

Bonus: Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone. This is the "Cyclone Molten Strike" except the weapon triggers molten burst. This is hands down one of the best starters of all time. Slayer or Raider imo, though some like pathfinder.

edit: forgot to mention that no Molten Strike build is complete without eventually getting a +3 projectile helm enchant and a Dying Sun. Also, probably has one of the strongest threshold jewels in the game so use 2 asap.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Worth noting that Lyco is going to be upped in rarity to T1 from the sounds of it. So it might be a weee bit expensive.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

theshim posted:

I'm still totally unsure of what I'm gonna run :ohdear:

Think I'm going to so Skeleton Mage Aurabot. Don't feel like futzing with getting the "right" Spectres and Necromancer seems (more) cool now.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Arzachel posted:

gently caress Mathil is doing Lightning Tendrils as a league starter.
gently caress. I’m rolling softcore this time too, so that will gently caress up prices. Just as I was getting excited for the build. Any of the real big streamers doing spectres?

Handsomeharald
May 7, 2009
So some dipshit with a backhoe decided that friday night would be a great time to rip out my neighbourhoods fibercable. Technician won't be out till monday and itll probably be a week to fix it. Please don't purge Spencer, I'll be crying in the dark..

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Worth noting that Lyco is going to be upped in rarity to T1 from the sounds of it. So it might be a weee bit expensive.

Yea so will a BLS, and Xophs for a little bit. The good news is, RT is right on the way to AOF which are both great placeholders for the start of leagues.

Also, RIP 45% less storm call duration prophecy enchant. You're still missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Like people are talking about Ngamahu's and poo poo and I really enjoyed that but I'm trying to pick a non-unique-dependent character to start the league with.

I'm really thinking I want to do selfcast GC, can anyone recommend a decent build for that or just drop some pointers?