Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TaurusOxford posted:

Matrix Reloaded, when Neo fought off a thousand Agent Smith clones.

:confused:

Is this some fan film nonsense, because there was only one Matrix movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You guys are hilarious. I applaud your efforts to troll...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, if I can get Neo with his Kung Fu pose I'll preorder day 1.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got the DC Icons Wonder Woman and I like it a lot. Like yeah I know the production version has a different head sculpt than the prototype photos, but I still like the head sculpt we got and I think it looks real good. I'm not sure that it's my favorite WW head sculpt (I like the New 52 figure's head sculpt a lot), but in terms of articulation and accessories and overall sculpt, this is my definitive "comic Wonder Woman" for the time being.

If I had any real complaint, it's that she feels a little short, but that might be because I've got her standing next to the DC Designer Bombshells figures right now and they kinda tower over Icons Wonder Woman.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Whole bunch of new SH Figuarts Star Wars pics here. They show an info card for a ROTS Obi-Wan, but the figure shown is the AOTC version, so not sure what's going on there. Dooku looks good, apparently they're doing a whole bunch of clones and astromechs as well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That Ben Kenobi looks weird.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fuzz posted:

It looks like they started sculpting a Qui Gonn, then switched to Obi halfway through

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Whole bunch of new SH Figuarts Star Wars pics here. They show an info card for a ROTS Obi-Wan, but the figure shown is the AOTC version, so not sure what's going on there. Dooku looks good, apparently they're doing a whole bunch of clones and astromechs as well.

Man I’m a sucker for those samurai Star Wars figs. I have 4 (3 stormtroopers and 1 Boba) But I just can’t be spending that kind of money on those things...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Fuzz posted:

I think it’s the eyes and the face. Guinness had a thin face, but a strong jawline. That sculpt tapers way too much and he ends up looking like Peter Cushing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Just received what will probably end up being the best Deadpool figure out there. Figma EX-042.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Picked up a cool prop replica from a terrible movie, the Panther suit belt from Batman Forever

The buckle is all metal and constructed just like the original, with this strange elaborate pattern on the clips. Squeeze the buttons on top and bottom of the buckle to release. The strap is urethane.

I think the guy only made about 3 of these. They go great with my metal folding Sonar Batarangs (made by the same person)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Trevor Noah:
"Nobody needed to see Batman v Superman. Batman can't beat Superman. He has no powers. Batman has the same powers as a guy doing Batman cosplay. The exact same powers."

Seemed relevant to the thread...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

gregday could beat Superman in real life.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Comic fans: "I don't like Superman because he's unbeatable with all his powers. That's boring. But Batman's awesome because he's so smart that he's able to beat anyone in any situation because he's totally prepared for it. That's exciting."

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Davros1 posted:

Comic fans: "I don't like Superman because he's unbeatable with all his powers. That's boring. But Batman's awesome because he's so smart that he's able to beat anyone in any situation because he's totally prepared for it. That's exciting."

The difference is that one guy is basically a God while the other is just a guy who is badass.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

The difference is that one guy is basically a God while the other is just a guy who is badass.

Yeah. You know Jotaro isn't going to lose, but you enjoy seeing how he wins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's why the protagonist of the greatest anime ever, Pokemon, regularly loses.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That's why Spider-Man and Daredevil are better heroes than either of them, because they have to struggle to push the rent and sacrifice the things they actually want to do in order to be a hero.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daredevil sucks and Spider-Man is a mega rich tech CEO.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
also all of their parents are dead.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Not in the classic comics of either of them!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Spider-Man is rich now? Is he still not having have been married?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This kind of thing is why I stopped reading comics 10 years ago.

So hey on the subject of toys, I want to get that new MAFEX Wonder Woman based on her stand-alone movie. You guys know all the good places to get imported toys, so hit me with a link if you see a good deal on that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

HLJ doesn’t have it in stock so I guess that’s AmiAmi by default.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

HLJ doesn’t have it in stock so I guess that’s AmiAmi by default.

Also a newer mafex Wonder Woman is coming out.

https://hlj.com/product/MEDMAFEX-60
http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-033477

Medicom is a company for whom newer is usually better, so keep that in mind.

Edit: there’s also a SH Figuarts coming out this month, and the old mafex is backorder on HLJ so you can order it and probably get it and it’d be from a store with decent shipping charges.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 7, 2017

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just gotta sit tight for another 3 months. And if I wait 15 years I can probably get an even better one!

Nah, I know which figure I want. I did my research. The head sculpt looks really good on the Justice League version, but I like the paint and accessories better on the stand-alone movie figure. I like the more saturated colors, and more importantly she comes with that sunburst shield that featured prominently in the best scenes of the movie. Pretty much a dealbreaker if that's not included.

About how much is 5,410 JPY in US money?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

$48 right now. It's in stock so it should be able to give you an actual shipping quote.

Hobbysearch has it in stock for a bit more but maybe cheaper after shipping? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10457524

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

but I like the paint

Oh good.

Just wanting to warn you, cuz I remembered there being something wrong with that Diana, saw four different people with that problem with a quick google.

edit: lol poo poo, there's three Mafex wonder womans? and I posted the bvs one maybe? I dunno, I can't keep track, so you can probably disregard what I said above.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 7, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it's the BvS one with the known paint issue.

The WW one hasn't been out long enough to know for sure if it has it too, I guess.

The JL one isn't out until the spring.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

To be honest, I didn't even know she was in BvS so I just assumed the first one that I heard all that poo poo about was the one for her movie.

Well anyways if NoP keeps an eye out for paint rub, they should be fine. Maybe make an underskirt if it does happen (do this, more DIY in the action figure thread please).

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I can always repaint it myself if I feel like it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

vkeios posted:

Oh good.

Just wanting to warn you, cuz I remembered there being something wrong with that Diana, saw four different people with that problem with a quick google.

edit: lol poo poo, there's three Mafex wonder womans? and I posted the bvs one maybe? I dunno, I can't keep track, so you can probably disregard what I said above.

I know this picture is about paint but her knees and the osteo bi-flex in the background are cracking me up.

Also anyone get the Revoltech Magneto yet? He might be my breaking point. It’s like they captured MvC Magneto perfectly.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The Rage posted:

Also anyone get the Revoltech Magneto yet? He might be my breaking point. It’s like they captured MvC Magneto perfectly.

Mine is on the way, and due next Thursday. Early reports are that he is awesome, but his cape is as heavy as the figure and you need to use the stand. Also, some reports of people having issues getting the pegs into the cape and resorting to hairdryers and screwdrivers to loosen / widen the holes.

I think the whole line is dope so far, so I'm pretty pumped for it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Remember that awesome Bone Throne from NECA?

Is up for preorder at BBTS at the cheap, cheap price of $79.99

Ouch.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Predator fans must be like those people who spend thousands of dollars on free phone games. They're keeping the entire company afloat.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It’ll be cleared out at $20 by end of 2018 just like that dumb Predator plane.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If you live near Anaheim, California, Bluefin is having some warehouse clearing sale tomorrow.

https://m.facebook.com/events/507404576281575?view=permalink&id=520039748351391

If any of you are happening to go and you see an SHF Broly at retail, please grab one for me I'll toss in extra for your trouble.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

It’ll be cleared out at $20 by end of 2018 just like that dumb Predator plane.

You shut your dirty whore mouth, the Predator Blade Fighter is an amazing update of an old Kenner vehicle. :colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Did the Trophy Wall ever went on clearance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Not to my knowledge. I paid full price for that and the Blade Fighter and I regret nothing.