Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
"Iris and I haven't been in a good place since I left" Jesus Christ you dumbshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Someone uses Reddit to source their information for their comic.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2004 Spiderman

Bonus from our friends in the Newspaper Spiderman thread:

The Amazing Machete

"You dress like it's laundry day", she says as he wears a decent-looking outfit. Hell, his dad dresses more like a slob than he does!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is hilarious. "I've been killing people? My goodness why didn't anyone tell me?"

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Nekonaughey

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Stop drinking the espresso you dumb cat

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Is he eating those moldy beans in the first one?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Is he eating those moldy beans in the first one?

Not moldy, fermented. Natto is soy that has been steamed and fermented by bacteria, making it semi-fluid and sticky. Opinions differ on whether this is delicious or disgusting.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

Not moldy, fermented. Natto is soy that has been steamed and fermented by bacteria, making it semi-fluid and sticky. Opinions differ on whether this is delicious or disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjK_UQmP7k

the reactions to the mystery ingredient at about seven minutes in certainly tells a tale

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I love the face he makes when he drinks espresso :allears: like a baby tasting a lemon for the first time

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
If Iris takes sandwich boy back I’m going to be furious

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mary Worth about to take an unexpected left turn down Polyamorous Way

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like seriously one day back and he's already chasing the lady he dumped as soon as sandwichly possible

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Mikl posted:

Natto is great and anyone who hates it are wrong

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm hoping beyond hope that Iris tells Wilbur that she's not taking him back, but given Mary Worth's history she's probably going to dump the guy with a decent future who respects her for this shlub.

Calaveron posted:

Like seriously one day back and he's already chasing the lady he dumped as soon as sandwichly possible
Just wanted to say that I got this reference and appreciated it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2004 Spiderman

Incredible that in all the years that Punisher's been punishing, this is the first time that anybody's thought to point this out to him.

quote:

The Amazing Machete

:stonk:

This whole week has been a single conversation wherein a pair of newlyweds reflect on their first year of marriage in anticipation of a milestone anniversary, but ok, the woman is being super clingy and is up to something, you weirds.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm not clear on it either. I know GBS was pretty famous for his refusals (he had mass produced post-cards telling people he wasn't going to send them an autograph) and was generally pretty controlling about his work. Like he only granted permission for Pygmalion to be adapted into My Fair Lady because he liked the producer. And, uh.... I can't detect anything that might be a joke in anyone's dress, or the scenery, I don't recognize anyone as a caricature of anyone... maybe it's that they're pretty far into a production of a GBS play and then he denied them the right to do it? Is that funny?

When was this? He may have been dead by this time.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hey thread, last week was a lot of hell with work, finals, and getting hit by a car. I don't think I'll be able to catch up on all the strips but here's a whole wall of Wallace

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

So why did the cat pull the natto container apart?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My guess would be that you're supposed to tear off the lid but it didn't rip properly. :shrug:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Missed yesterday, so today you get double the Ballard Street

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, we're doomed.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Maxwell Lord posted:

When was this? He may have been dead by this time.

I remember reading about a theatre company performing Pygmalion. They were like a rep group, and travelled all over. Problem was, the third act would have meant they would miss the last train out of whatever dank British town, this missing the theatre the next night. The telegraphed Shaw saying " Can we cut the third act to make the train? We have been here two weeks so everyone's seen it". Shaw cabled back " Yes, provided you perform the whole third act in the railway carriage". They did.

So, the joke may be that the troupe here asked the same but were crap and Shaw did not want his name sullied. Or he was dead, too lazy to correlate.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
God, I hope MJ's being rescued by the Phantom.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

Vargo posted:

Hey thread, last week was a lot of hell with work, finals, and getting hit by a car. I don't think I'll be able to catch up on all the strips but here's a whole wall of Wallace

Dang. Since you're posting comics I'm assuming you're fine, but in any case I hope you're doing well.

Here are catch-ups on Curtis and Phoebe and Her Unicorn

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (June 26, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (April 12, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (May 9, 1924)

Lil' Abner (January 8, 1938)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

Barney Google (May 12, 1923)

Alley Oop (August 11, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (August 7, 1935)

Dickie Dare (September 20, 1933)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

Bringing Up Father (January 20, 1940)

Krazy Kat (January 20, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (January 20, 1937)

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

We also missed Baldo doing a very special episode

If you guessed that the comments on these are filled with racists, congrats, you're a psychic.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

treasureplane posted:

Wash Tubbs (April 12, 1930)

I'm used to these old comics showing things that modern strips never would, but I wasn't expecting THAT.

Next strip: Wash clubs and cooks the last few Dodo birds on the island.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Angular Cyrus posted:

If you guessed that the comments on these are filled with racists, congrats, you're a psychic.

Suddenly I'm very glad that the internet wasn't a thing when Lawrence came out as gay.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Angular Cyrus posted:

Dang. Since you're posting comics I'm assuming you're fine, but in any case I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the help with the catch-up, I'm doing okay now. I should have specified that I was hit by a car while riding my bike, so it was a different kind of crash than getting actually hit. It still sucked though, but luckily I was able to walk away with some bruises and scrapes. Bike helmets are your friends, kids!

In better news, my Wallace the Brave book came in from Will Henry and it is WONDERFUL. Also, he posted a video of him making a watercolor painting on Facebook if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/WallacetheBrave/videos/1737295056301117/

BC

Phoebe

Baldo

Wiz of Id

Big Nate

Baby Blues

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Actually I thing Baldo has been doing a thing lately, so here's all of them:

If you were wondering, yes, the comments section is as gross as you think it is.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wow, loving lazy copy and paste art there.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Tunicate posted:

Wow, loving lazy copy and paste art there.

I actually thought gocomics was broken while I was going through them.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Goddammit Baldo, go back to being sanctimonious and holier than thou about reading and family, not about the harsh reality and perpetual fear millions of families live under :smith:

• Locked thread