Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Larva is truly the hero we all need and deserve

Of course a bunch of the TL Autist crew are mad salty which makes it even better

(BM is the best thing ever)

E:crazy lolling at the dude in chat talking about North Korean Metal. Also Larva's Terran is seemingly legit legit

E:

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Legend should have just smacked him in the head with a rolled up newspaper a bunch or sprayed him with a water bottle repeatedly

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

lol Zotac have banned him for life for making people pay attention to an otherwise pointless match in a pointless tournament people were only watching for the casters

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

I am a Larva fan.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Larva did nothing wrong.

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Links to the vids in question on Larva's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IpuUqMjYds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piNADkXLkw0

Larva's talking over both of them at points.

Cheech Marinade fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 6, 2017

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Zotac should invite terror next time

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/7hovo2/larva_is_not_banned_from_zotac_events/

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking
Is there a good place to watch more Larva games with English commentary? I'm in love. :peanut:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
going back a ways here, but-

This was badass. Much better games than the ASL finals. Wish Soulkey had made it there instead.

Despite what Tastosis keep saying, ZvZ really does feel like a coin flip a lot of the time.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Zorodius posted:

going back a ways here, but-

This was badass. Much better games than the ASL finals. Wish Soulkey had made it there instead.

Despite what Tastosis keep saying, ZvZ really does feel like a coin flip a lot of the time.

I watch both sc1 & 2 and would defend SC2 ZvZ, but BW ZvZ is far and away the worst matchup in either game.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Just watched the larva vs legend match and that poo poo was great, even the interview afterwards was pure gold.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Tbh the only mirror I enjoy in BW is PvP. I don't understand why people like TvT so much. It's so goddamn slow.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

all mirrors are lovely but yeah pvp is the least bad by a lot. tvt is too slow and drawn out, zvz has too few units and is too quick.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I actually love TvT because it's so long and drawn-out. I love how it takes up the entire map and really puts the entire tech tree to good use. Watching resources dry up and the inevitable Cruiser wars is thrilling :allears:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't understand why people call midgame TvT slow when there is so much poo poo going on constantly

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a lot of stuff is going on but it's attrition. attrition tends to be considered slow.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
That last match was fantastic, if only because of the commentary.

e: Wrong thread, was actually meant for the SC2 thread (even though they're playing SC:R right now)

Oasx posted:

Starcraft Holiday Bash is starting now (Both Remastered and SC2). Featuring Day[9], Tasteless, Artosis, iNcontrol, Sheth, White-Ra and more!
https://www.twitch.tv/day9tv

MisterZimbu fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 19, 2017

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

MisterZimbu posted:

That last match was fantastic, if only because of the commentary.

e: Wrong thread, was actually meant for the SC2 thread (even though they're playing SC:R right now)

Thanks for this, I had no idea! Listened/watched some last night. Games might not be pro quality, but the Plotts with Artosis (and dumb in-jokes) commentary really makes it.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Hey there fam, if you've been wondering why things got quiet again it seems like Afreeca was trying to do another Team Battle League but Blizz shot them down again.
gently caress you Activision fucks!!

But prelims for ASL 5 are supposed to start in February, so hold on a bit longer

Also Bisu shot expert in his marksmanship training and got a medal, because of course he did

Anyway, that was meeting reading TL so you don't have to!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why can blizzard do that? kespa ran starcraft for years without em.

that just made me remember blizzard killed all the hype the asl had been building just so they could debut their reskin.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

WDIIA posted:

Hey there fam, if you've been wondering why things got quiet again it seems like Afreeca was trying to do another Team Battle League but Blizz shot them down again.
gently caress you Activision fucks!!

But prelims for ASL 5 are supposed to start in February, so hold on a bit longer

Also Bisu shot expert in his marksmanship training and got a medal, because of course he did

Anyway, that was meeting reading TL so you don't have to!!

Thanks!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Groovelord Neato posted:

why can blizzard do that? kespa ran starcraft for years without em.

that just made me remember blizzard killed all the hype the asl had been building just so they could debut their reskin.

Yeah this confuses me too. Why don't the leagues just use Brood War instead of Remastered to get around this dumb poo poo?

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah this confuses me too. Why don't the leagues just use Brood War instead of Remastered to get around this dumb poo poo?

I think they’re required to use remastered as part of their agreement. Blizzard owns regular brood war too anyway.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Update:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/530249-afreeca-ceo-calls-on-fans-to-pressure-relevant-gaming-company-to-begin-asl5

quote:

Thanks you for the encouragement, [username redacted].

It's true, in terms of just business, ASL is in the red, and our world first APL is also deeply in the red. But it's not about business, it's about creating culture where our BJ's (streamers) and users get together to create content, and that's way more valuable than a balance sheet.

Everyone called BW a dead game, but the ASL has revived it as a culture that fans around the world enjoy. Battlegrounds was considered difficult to turn into an esport, but I'm happy and satisfied that we're the first to step up to the challenge.

However... as with ASL4, ASL5 is going through a rough patch. The cooperation of the relevant game company is important, but it just isn't working out. The important thing here is the voice of StarCraft 1 fans. I request our users to strongly urge that relevant game company to start ASL5.

AfreecaTV is already ready to start ASL Season 5.

Everyone had left Brood War, saying it couldn't make money, all the companies had left, but it was able to revive itself through ASL. The reason that it was able to live again as memory and culture for fans in their 20's to their 40's was because of streamers and gamers who love Brood War.

Make your voices heard.

I want to start ASL Season 5 quickly. It saddens me.

This is why I was solidly on kespa's slide when Blizzard/Gom were doing their smear campaign when SC2 launched

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Not to defend the dumb rear end decision to have a huge dead zone between ASL3/launch, but isn't Blizzard's ante a significant part of the prize pool too though?

I do kinda wonder what will happen with Bisu gone, JD fading, and eventually even Flash and to a lesser extent Larva having to do their military service.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the prize pool is a rounding error on their balance sheet. this is a company putting tens of millions of dollars into a league for a terrible competitive game. it's really loving dumb for that forced hiatus - you would've had way more hype for remastered if asl kept going right up until launch.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yo gently caress blizzard go kespa, can't believe I said that but its so true

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Potential maps for the next ASL released

Sparkle is crazy, not sure how I feel about any of them yet because my phone screen isn't large enough

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Transistor seems very good for tanks

On that desert map, I wonder if zergs can bring a drone with zerglings to nullify forge expands. Hydralisks also seem like a problem for Protoss.

Circulator seems cool. Easy 4th and 5th base? Protoss can fight Terran in the middle but finishing the game seems tough for Protoss. Idk how Protoss fights turtle Zerg here.

Zergs are gonna 2 hatch muta on Sunburst and win if their opponent is clockwise

Island map :OOO

idk about the last one

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Are the neutral hives on the island map for easy nydus?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Wildcard match to fill Bisu's spot(in Korean)

http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/30999587

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pretty neat maps; can't believe they're putting an island map in a big tournament these days. I like the looks of the 3p maps, and Sylphide really reminds me of Tau Cross, which is good.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Elyv posted:

Potential maps for the next ASL released

Sparkle is crazy, not sure how I feel about any of them yet because my phone screen isn't large enough

I'm down with these, especially the crazy island map.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm down with these, especially the crazy island map.

Good news, because they kept a (heavily modified) version of the map for the Ro24 http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/531587-asl5-round-of-24-maps

Did anyone else watch the wildcard? I didn't think it was a particularly good set of games, but hey pro StarCraft.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Everyone probably already knows this because its been organized so well in coordination with the launch of SC:R, but I've been living under a rock and just found out ASL5 starts Sunday!

http://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Afreeca_Starleague_Season_5

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Ro24 Group A is live now.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I wanted to like the island map, but after watching those games on it I don't think it made for very exciting games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The island map had the longest games in a weak day, at least. Even Artosis wasn't trying to hide his feelings on the lackluster games. With the islands at least we get some different and weird gameplay. I'm waiting to see what real games look like on those other maps.