Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope winminer gets their poo poo together or nicehash comes back with lower limits because mining whatever SUMO is on a 1080ti for 1.30 a day isnt what I call working right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
When nicehash comes back be sure to have them send your bitcoins to your mt gox account.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they kept my magic the gathering transactions safe, why cant they handle millions of dollars daily?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I setup some VTC and ETN mining directly, looking good so far

VTC is sort of convoluted, but I suppose why it's worth big money rn
e: super convoluted :downs:

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 8, 2017

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Fauxtool posted:

they kept my magic the gathering transactions safe, why cant they handle millions of dollars daily?

Pfft, like they could even handle that much responsibility. These weren't MTG cards traded online, this was an exchange for virtual Magic The Gathering Online cards.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Paul MaudDib posted:

Pfft, like they could even handle that much responsibility. These weren't MTG cards traded online, this was an exchange for virtual Magic The Gathering Online cards.

I don't think the virtual Magic The Gathering Online cards have never been hacked though. There's some alternate timeline where they stuck with that so we have no buttcoin and Trump isn't president and everyone plays Magic Online... the best reality.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zero VGS posted:

I don't think the virtual Magic The Gathering Online cards have never been hacked though.

If only we had invested in islands and mana. :negative:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Craptacular! posted:

If only we had invested in islands and mana. :negative:

those are the same things you poser rear end nerd

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

those are the same things you poser rear end nerd

Trap sprung.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah so far winminer has been a giant waste of power for me with 1080tis mining zen or some poo poo and not even hitting $4 per card

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
So steam dumped BTC, but an actual reputable gold seller has picked it up. This is probably my out, even if I lose ca. 8% on a buy-resell that's loving worth it. This is like holding a stick of dynamite.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I mean $4 a 1080ti was great just 2 weeks ago, but its bothering the gently caress out of me that I know VTC is worth almost twice that and I cant mine it except directly.

The good news is I already made $10 in one day on winminer and it paid out no problem. It was nice to have choices too, especially since BTC is clogged up again, I picked litecoin just to see, and I got it in my coinbase wallet literally faster than I could open a new tab and look.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

VTC mining is... strange. I should start getting actual shares of blocks now that I have paid my dues

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Risky Bisquick posted:

VTC mining is... strange. I should start getting actual shares of blocks now that I have paid my dues

Is there a payout jump? Just checking in this morning and payouts about doubled.

E: went from 0.029/payout yesterday morning to 0.1 this morning

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Risky Bisquick posted:

How long do you have to mine before you get payouts? What's your hashrate? RIP nicehash.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
83.5 MH for Lyra2REv2. I think you mine for like 20 hours in a single pool to build up your average that is used to calculate your share of the blocks found. Hard to say for certain yet.

ETN mining is blistering along though :homebrew:

e: yeah it seems to be a rolling 20 hour average of your hashrate on the pools for VTC

e2: vtc network is lagging af, payments inconsistent roll on over to something more stable boys

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 8, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The nicehash downsy bitcoin face logo is just unfortunate when giving bad news. :downs:

They have a video update so you can see the professional team who just lost all the bitcoins. Unfortunately it's on Facebook not YouTube, so I don'think it can embed here. :https://www.facebook.com/NiceHash/videos/2013146182237851/

lol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I got an email (apparently they responded to an error report when one of my instances crashed?) from winminer and in it they explain they have ten times the users they had before yesterday, which is the source of all their issues of course.

I mean they gotta be happy about that in the long run but that doesn't sound like a quick fix either.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

1gnoirents posted:

I got an email (apparently they responded to an error report when one of my instances crashed?) from winminer and in it they explain they have ten times the users they had before yesterday, which is the source of all their issues of course.

I mean they gotta be happy about that in the long run but that doesn't sound like a quick fix either.

It's definitely getting better, I have 1080ti + 1070ti and I got $1 the first day, $2 the second day, and $5 today.

I still don't get why it's only pulling 250 watts from the 1080ti PC when NiceHash was doing 400+ but as long as the money rate is similar then I guess it's OK.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

It's definitely getting better, I have 1080ti + 1070ti and I got $1 the first day, $2 the second day, and $5 today.

I still don't get why it's only pulling 250 watts from the 1080ti PC when NiceHash was doing 400+ but as long as the money rate is similar then I guess it's OK.

My first day with a similar setup got $10 and its holding there now so at least expect that

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

quote:

We at Coinbase couldn’t be more excited by the explosion of interest in digital currencies. The last few weeks has seen an unprecedented increase in the price of digital currencies. More people are engaging with our platform than ever and that bodes well for the future of the digital currency. At the same time, it does create extreme volatility and stress on our systems. We take this very seriously and wanted to share some important thoughts.

We’re continuing to invest heavily to scale our platform

Over the course of this year we have invested significant resources to increase trading capacity on our platform and maintain availability of our service. We have increased the size of our support team by 640% and launched phone support in September. We have also invested heavily in our infrastructure and have increased the number of transactions we are processing during peak hours by over 40x.

There may be downtime which can impact your ability to trade

Despite the sizable and ongoing increases in our technical infrastructure and engineering staff, we wanted to remind customers that access to Coinbase services may become degraded or unavailable during times of significant volatility or volume. This could result in the inability to buy or sell for periods of time. Despite ongoing increases in our support capacity, our customer support response times may be delayed, especially for requests that do not involve immediate risks to customer account security. You can read more in our Coinbase User Agreement.

Be an educated investor

We also wanted to remind customers of some of the risks associated with trading digital currency. Digital currencies are volatile and the prices can go up and down. Due to the rapidly changing price of digital currencies, some customers may not have sell limits that are sufficient relative to the value of total digital currency they are storing on Coinbase. Sell limits are one of the many measures Coinbase takes to protect client accounts and assets.

As a proactive measure, we encourage customers to check the following items on their accounts:

Ensure your email address is properly receiving all communications and notifications from Coinbase. To learn more about ensuring email delivery, please refer to this support article.

Ensure your two-factor authentication is updated and functional. If you have recently switched mobile devices, your two-factor authentication needs to be properly migrated to the new device. In addition, please migrate from SMS two factor to Google Authenticator to enhance the security on your account, if you have not already done so. To learn more about two-factor authentication, please refer to this FAQ.

Familiarize yourself with your buy and sell limits. They can be found here.

Complete any pending identity verifications. During times of significant volatility, ID verification may become degraded or unavailable. To learn more about identity verification on Coinbase, please refer to this FAQ.

Expect payments to take the maximum number of days indicated when making a deposit or withdrawal.
Stay up to date

We will continue to update customers for our website, our status page, in our apps, via email, on our blog and on Twitter.

We will keep you informed

We are committed to safety, security and transparency. We are working tirelessly to provide the best service and support but we can’t promise perfection during the periods of extraordinary demand. We will continue to do our best to keep our customers informed.

Thank you,

The Coinbase Team

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I’m only into this for the burritos and mainly for the amusement of heating my apartment and getting paid for it. That said that Coinbase announcement would scare the poo poo out of me if I actually cared about this, everything is so overburdened right now and it’s all going to go down in flames.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

When a place like Coinbase issues a warning like this, it gives you a reason to worry IMO.

I don’t know much about this but from what I’ve read, they’re the closest thing to ‘legitimate’ in this madness.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

EconOutlines posted:

When a place like Coinbase issues a warning like this, it gives you a reason to worry IMO.

I don’t know much about this but from what I’ve read, they’re the closest thing to ‘legitimate’ in this madness.

They raised $100M in vc funding in August and are considered a “unicorn” (startup valued at $1B or greater). So yeah, they’re about as legit as it gets in the space which speaks volumes of :lol: about the whole goddamned bitcoin universe.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Sometime between yesterday and today, "VTC" magically appeared in the list of WinMiner coins in the settings, and both my PCs started mining it:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Just setup individual miners and forget that multi coin nonsense

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Our first Bitcoin Captain of industry :captainpop:

Are you cashing out as you go or are you going to hold forever?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Always cash out

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Risky Bisquick posted:

WinMiner pays out to Amazon which is probably as good as I can ask for without winding up on some government list.

I'm sure your individual mining pays a little more but it seems like such a pain in the rear end to convert and cash out. What are you mining (I assume VTC?) and then how are you cashing that out?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im concerned that if i start mining directly and getting paid in the mined coins I will no longer consider it casual free money. Then the next step will be to put more money into buying rigs until I burn down my house or lose it all in the bubble

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Gonna try this ETN mining shenanigans

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

MaxxBot posted:

Gonna try this ETN mining shenanigans

Next week they are doing something https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/7ihl3a/electroneum_wallet_release_mid_next_week/

ICO holders can finally sell, and their cost is 1 cent, so unless you can sell before them...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Clearly what we need to do is just hold an ICO instead of all this silly mining business and split the profits evenly.

GoonCoin: Get In.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Zero VGS posted:

WinMiner pays out to Amazon which is probably as good as I can ask for without winding up on some government list.

I'm sure your individual mining pays a little more but it seems like such a pain in the rear end to convert and cash out. What are you mining (I assume VTC?) and then how are you cashing that out?

It's ETN, VTC mining was a bust not going to bother with the congestion of a lack of proper pools. You just deal with exchanges, I have accounts on a couple and transfer the money around via ETH and end up exchanging for CAD on quadrigacx.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I made 1.8 VTC in a day right after nicehash went down using the P2Pool option. Then it all dried up and wasn't paying. I switched to using the coinotron pool and it's been steady.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mysteryberto posted:

I made 1.8 VTC in a day right after nicehash went down using the P2Pool option. Then it all dried up and wasn't paying. I switched to using the coinotron pool and it's been steady.

VTC not working correctly you say?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxtool posted:

VTC not working correctly you say?

:stonk:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

quote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE open the gates already. Ive been trying for 3 days to get added to the Alpha pool. I understand the flood of people from NiceHash has no doubt slowed things down...but I need to start making some money. Im trying to pay my 1080 ti off. I was with NiceHash till they got hacked, now I cant find anywhere to mine. I have some computer knowledge...just no previous mining knowledge except to click on start. Grin I would really like to be added to the alpha pool...any ideas when I can join please. NiceHash is down for now and who knows when theyll come back up. If I can get started with you guys...there will be no reason to jump back when the come up. All i need to do is make 60 bucks a month to pay off the ti. I was making 4 to 5 dollars a day with NiceHash. Ive left Winminer open on my desktop like it says to do...but I've still not been added to the Alpha pool. Maybe instead of telling us to leave it open...you should just tell us to keep checking back. 3 days open and still nothing...really? Please help me get back to making some spare change. If anyone knows of another program that is easy like winminer or nicehash, please inform me. Or if someone could take the time to explain how to set up one of the other programs...ill give u my number or email, I really am sorta bright. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me pay my ti off.

This is the competition boys

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
source your quotes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is it wild quotes about bitcoin time?

• Locked thread