Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

For anyone wondering: the missile says "kill American" (like, in phonetic English) in hangul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

VOTE

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Happy page 1000. Anyone got any lovely cartoons about millenials?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I guess "Bad politicians get elected when good people are marginalized into gerrymandered districts so their votes don't count even if they do vote" wouldn't fit.

Also, I don't understand why he used the Joker for this, because in this scene the Joker is making an incorrect assumption about the nature of humanity. Also, the cartoonist is probably a Cinefix fan because they just identified hanging Joker as one of their favorite shots of all time.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I always thought the best Joker was Bill Murray

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

lelandjs posted:

Also, I don't understand why he used the Joker for this, because in this scene the Joker is making an incorrect assumption about the nature of humanity.

Not really. It's the moment the Joker tells Batman that he has turned Dent over to his side and that Batman has lost.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Teketeketeketeke posted:

For anyone wondering: the missile says "kill American" (like, in phonetic English) in hangul

Buy American.
Kill American.
Bye Americans!
Kill Americans!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Trapezium Dave posted:

Pope has a twitter chain of all the marriage equality cartoons he has done over the years,

I've missed you, Titwhale.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Go gently caress yourself, Branco.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Peanut Butler posted:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Peanut Butler posted:

Mark Hamill or bust.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jedit posted:

Is this one lovely enough

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cool Nicaragua/Honduras flag.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Israeli flag isn't actually a tricolor, you rear end in a top hat. Get some basic idea of proportions.

quote:

With apologies to Brett Noel. (I think this is a remake of an older cartoon?)

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jedit posted:

Edit: Oops not a comic

Katt fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 8, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

It always throws me off that seasons are opposite in Australia.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

McDragon posted:

It always throws me off that seasons are opposite in Australia.

Christmas in June must be whacky.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Katt posted:

Christmas in June must be whacky.

+30ºC and -30ºC are similar in that you can't stay out for too long, so you end up staying indoors in both cases. Those were the temperatures in Oz and in my home town when I went there for holidays.

Just fewer deadly snakes and spiders and sharks when it's -30ºC.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Nenonen posted:

+30ºC and -30ºC are similar in that you can't stay out for too long, so you end up staying indoors in both cases. Those were the temperatures in Oz and in my home town when I went there for holidays.

Polar bears though.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Abyssal Squid posted:

That whole thing is literally a safe space from, well, space. Holy poo poo, how is R. McKee so bad at this?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Katt posted:

Polar bears though.

I think the only polar bears in Australia are kept in zoos. I'd guess they have wild penguins, though. They can be nasty, too.

Also, -30C is about -20F. I didn't think anyplace in Australia got that cold. Is this some tiny island way south of the main continent we're talking about?

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 8, 2017

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Man all of this temperature talk makes me 31.3934220039449494495566032292292283 C steamed

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

I think the only polar bears in Australia are kept in zoos. I'd guess they have wild penguins, though. They can be nasty, too.

Also, -30C is about -20F. I didn't think anyplace in Australia got that cold. Is this some tiny island way south of the main continent?

The penguin won.

In the wild the whole murder of penguins would have been on him at that point and torn him to shreds.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I can confirm from personal experience that wild polar bears are scary fuckers.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I can confirm from personal experience that wild polar bears are scary fuckers.

I heard they were one of few (only?) animal that considers humans food from the get-go.

Not like a wolf or a lion will eat a dead humans but a polar bear sees a clothed living human as walking food.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zemyla posted:

That whole thing is literally a safe space from, well, space. Holy poo poo, how is R. McKee so bad at this?

Yes, that is the "joke".

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

AGC

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nenonen posted:

You think 30 is high? We don't start caring until it hits the mid 40s.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Has Obama said a drat thing about Trump's decision, or is he still up-to-date on his rent inside Branco's head?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Katt posted:

I heard they were one of few (only?) animal that considers humans food from the get-go.

Carrying a gun is actually mandatory on Svalbard because of the polar bears.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

Has Obama said a drat thing about Trump's decision, or is he still up-to-date on his rent inside Branco's head?
He explicitly talked about Hitler during his speech in Chicago a few days back.

So it's actually "two things happened" but the juxtaposition of those two things makes it look like it's commentary on one thing happening.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ahh. Looked it up; he didn't even reference Trump specifically.

Though ultimately – best take it if you're going to dish out eight years of OBAMA'S GOT CZARS AND WANTS HEALTHCARE FOR PEOPLE THEREFORE TYRANT, Branco.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

D.N. Nation posted:

Branco is going to be using Obama as the bad guy in his comics until he dies, regardless of what Obama does or doesn't do.

It doesn't matter that Obama is no longer in power, or that he hasn't even said anything about this issue yet, he's still black and in Branco's mind that equals "evil FOREVER"!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Branco is going to be using Obama as the bad guy in his comics until he dies, regardless of what Obama does or doesn't do.

It doesn't matter that Obama is no longer in power, or that he hasn't even said anything about this issue yet, he's still black and in Branco's mind that equals "evil FOREVER"!

And if it's not Obama, it'll be a Clinton.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I'm sure he doesn't include Fox in the "MSM" or "Fake news," so it's really despicable to imply that Fox doesn't also have issues with sexual harassment. Not like the network had to pay millions upon millions settling cases for the long lost O'Reilly.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

And if it's not Obama, it'll be a Clinton.

When was the last Chappaquiddick mention? Ted is a unique species of horse at this point.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Abyssal Squid posted:

I said it last time: THAT WHOLE THING IS A SAFE SPACE FOR THE ASTRONAUT, FUCKHEAD. IT IS LITERALLY A SPACE SO HE CAN BE SAFE FROM THE DANGERS OF OUTER SPACE!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Katt posted:

Not like a wolf or a lion will eat a dead humans but a polar bear sees a clothed living human as walking food.

Yes, they do see you as food and will stalk and hunt you.

My personal experience with bears in North America basically goes:

Black bears: w/e, don't pay them any mind unless they're acting strange.

Grizzlies: keep an eye on them and your distance but rarely fearful of them.

Polar bears: scare them the gently caress away and/or be out of reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah it's not a new cartoon, it's just one of the egregious examples of right wing cartoonists being completely clueless.

• Locked thread