Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thats not what that does, it means if someone is dead. so your specials charge faster the longer you stay alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

US splatfest is next Friday, Sweaters vs Socks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Neither

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They both seem pissed as heck about it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Cobalt Viper posted:

They both seem pissed as heck about it.
I'd be too if that was the best they could come up with :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The splatfest question is "which bad Christmas present would you prefer to receive" which is lamely negative for a splatfest. Japan got a uniqlo sponsored one and Europe has Movies vs Books

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I love socks. I've never done a splat fest how's it work?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

I love socks. I've never done a splat fest how's it work?
You pick a side and then you do team turf war all day Saturday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never lost a splatfest so wait for me to weigh in to figure out which side will win. Also the new ranked mode will be coming out after the splatfest is over

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

they also have a weird conceptual map to play for the splatfests which is fun.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Also inkopolis square is a hopping party with Pearl rapping on stage.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
and people's art are displayed in neon lights all over the square.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh man I'm playing Rainmaker for the first time and this mode is loving cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

what triggers the rank skip, just hitting a good elo? I went straight from C to B- without ever being C+. also someone play league battle with me later today pls, I wanna try it out

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

what triggers the rank skip, just hitting a good elo? I went straight from C to B- without ever being C+. also someone play league battle with me later today pls, I wanna try it out

I would also like to know. The first week this came out I was crushing rainmaker and got to s rank in no time but I must have skipped a few ranks.

I went back and played it this week and everyone is at least 20 levels above me and I couldn't deal with it. I'm too old for competitive games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol if I see someone on the other team who's still in B rank but like level 60 I find it kinda comforting. Or so ranks decay/reset in this if you don't play for a while?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I will play a league set. What time do you want to do it? I'm around all day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You need to play at least 7 games for the league mode to rank you so plan for at least an hour of free time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I might be a bit rusty but I'd be down to league sometime today if we can get 4.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Awesome. Probably late afternoon/early evening will work best here , I'll nail down an exact time soon. Maybe we can wrangle up a 4th by then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how about Tower Control at 5PM est (schedule here: https://splatoon2.ink/ ). Theres also rainmker at 3 but rm league is loving brutal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is the idea behind the splatfest shirt to keep leveling it & then scrubbing it for ability shards? I noticed that scrubbing is super cheap compared to other equipment (but it seems like leveling takes longer)

And yup I could at least play from 5-6 EST, let's do it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm Online remembering how to play before the league sesh starts...shits brutal out here after not playing for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a room open Gofer.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok my internet is loving up at home so I'm at a coffee shop . Connections great but I can't voice chat or do the Splatoon Victory Dance so msg me on Discord

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good games...looking forward to seeing where we end up.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I'm back offline, how did we do? That was really fun, we should get a 4-man together this week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah I'm back offline, how did we do? That was really fun, we should get a 4-man together this week

Holy poo poo we got #87 worldwide

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only a bronze medal though, which makes sense. its probably low pop becuase the game has been out for a while and its a sunday afternoon. nice performance though :cool:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh hell yeah . Looking forward to next time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Only a bronze medal though, which makes sense. its probably low pop becuase the game has been out for a while and its a sunday afternoon. nice performance though :cool:

the road to iem starts here

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Hope they bring back the nozzlenose set with burst bombs soon, it makes a huge difference for that weapon. And the new nzap set belongs in hell

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm a noob but I started getting comfy with the original nzap set right before the new one came out....... and maybe it's just because I keep logging in while Tower Control is in ranked rotation but I think I really prefer the sticky bombs on the old model to the auto bombs. Tenta Missiles are nice though because I still can't tell exactly what Ink Armor does & how useful it is when I activate it, and at least when I get splats or chase people off the objective with missiles the impact is obvious

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ink armor is imo the best special in the game. when you use it it gives your entire team armor that absorbs 100 damage (which is how much it takes to kill somebody). so you double your entire team's health for like 6 seconds, which, if timed right in ranked mode can mean a huge objective push

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah mostly i'm just tired of autobomb and missile spam in my games but also the nzap sets in this game are insane compared with s1 where they were just fine. They used to have more supportive sets to complement the strong main weapon. Now they're just mean.

And ink armor is one of the top specials in the game. You can win tons of matches by just generating it over and over and popping it before a push. Check how many teammates are alive at the top of the screen before you pop it so you don't just waste it on yourself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also its got a bit of a startup so you cant use it as a get out of jail free card in a firefight

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've find myself almost incapable of using a weapon that doesn't have Ink Armor as the special cause its so good and completely unable to use a weapon that doesn't have Suction Bombs due to using the Splash-o-matic in Splatoon 1

so basically i am stuck using the N-Zap 85 until the day I die

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

ink armor is imo the best special in the game. when you use it it gives your entire team armor that absorbs 100 damage (which is how much it takes to kill somebody). so you double your entire team's health for like 6 seconds, which, if timed right in ranked mode can mean a huge objective push

Lol the in-game description just says it "absorbs a single hit" or something like that. Also there's no clue as to whether Special Up gear boosts the duration or the damage absorbed or what.... I really need to read up on this poo poo

edit; also I wish the game tracked stats for how often you deny people their super because splatting someone a second after they light up is extremely satisfying and I want to further gloat about it . I'm pretty sick of Overwatch but I appreciate how the game acknowledges that kind of stuff

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 12, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

i think it's actually ~30hp before it breaks since the reg splattershot busts it fast and they also nerfed it so anything that does over 100 (like bombs and sniper shots) will deal the left over damage to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Clam Blitz at 11 PM EST tonight! Gonna be a little late for me to play League but we should get one together for it tomorrow

• Locked thread