Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I just get uncomfortable every time I walk down Martin Jiske drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
LSU got snow :3:

https://twitter.com/hscheinukphoto/status/939130699214409728

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hell yes
Live mascots of schools that rarely get snow playing in the snow is my jam.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I can never hate LSU because Mike is just the best :3:

vvv Honestly my favorite animals on the planet, I already love cats and they're just the best big cats.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 8, 2017

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Tigers are really beautiful creatures :3:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Also one of the LSU goons here was the costumed Mike the Tiger.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Counterpoint: Tiger teams bad. Where are my Uga in the snow videos?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Warbird posted:

Like that inbred pup could last a minute in snow.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

Warbird posted:

The Sylers (the family that breeds/raises the Uga line) live in south Georgia where there's no snow. :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Those poor dogs can barely take three steps without their dumb inbred hearts exploding, they’re not gonna adorably romp in the snow

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Uga's body radiates enough ambient heat to make sure no snow sticks to his yard anyway

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Neil Armbong posted:

Like that inbred pup could last a minute in snow.

Given his air conditioned dog house and frequent lying on bags of ice, I’d say the only way he could ever function would be in snow.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I read something about how the next Uga's supposed to be from a different, less genetically hosed-up bulldog line, maybe those ones could frolic freely in the snow.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I’d watch Smokey and whatever the hell the Miss St dog is named play in some snow though, they seem up for it

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

I read something about how the next Uga's supposed to be from a different, less genetically hosed-up bulldog line, maybe those ones could frolic freely in the snow.

Yeah the owners said that essentially English bulldogs have been bread to the point where they are just meat blobs with nothing but genetic problems, so they want to put more bully breeds in there to get them like they were at the turn of the 1900s: jowley dogs that are like 50-75, lean and a bit of a barrel chest. The new genetic material should help with some of the health problems

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Pakled posted:

No such thing exists in modern bulldogs. Horribly bred pups all around at this point. Loveable dogs that humans have hosed up something fierce.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I’d watch Smokey and whatever the hell the Miss St dog is named play in some snow though, they seem up for it

There was a video years ago of Smokey in the snow. He'd run around and then kind of bunny hop and let out that signature coon dog howl and do it all over again. Doesn't seem to be on youtube anymore which is a shame

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I guess Yahoo is out of the question this year. Is anyone planning on making an ESPN group? If not I'll probably do one tonight.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Somebody needs to make their mascot a Corgi

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Wtf? I can't imagine it costs yahoo that much money to run these things and it gets them reliable page views.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
wtf yahoo

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Thanks yahoo. I know you aren't as relevant as you used to be but I haven't given up my account there yet don't push us away! THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE WORSE.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I stopped using Yahoo for anything fantasy related years ago. ESPN is just so much better at it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_2ERA_/status/939248215202951168

No no no, it's TWO in the pink, ONE in the stink

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I stopped using Yahoo for anything fantasy related years ago. ESPN is just so much better at it

This is patently untrue with fantasy football. ESPN is a pain in the rear end with the way they do roster management.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is that supposed to be a UT-related hand sign?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

This is patently untrue with fantasy football. ESPN is a pain in the rear end with the way they do roster management.

Maybe I’m just used to it then? I’ve been using it for 3-4 years now and it works fine.

Though I exclusively use the Mobile app and only use the browser when we’re drafting

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
The shocker vol hand comes back every ten years or so.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Is that supposed to be a UT-related hand sign?

Yes, pointer and middle finger are the V, the ring finger and thumb touching is the O and the pinky is the L. They’re holding their hands wrong, should be palm out so you can see ring/thumb.

Yes it’s dumb as hell and the only people I see doing it are coaches

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yes, pointer and middle finger are the V, the ring finger and thumb touching is the O and the pinky is the L. They’re holding their hands wrong, should be palm out so you can see ring/thumb.

Yes it’s dumb as hell and the only people I see doing it are coaches

Ah, that's pretty dumb. Leave the hand signs to the old SWC schools, tywm.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Maybe I’m just used to it then? I’ve been using it for 3-4 years now and it works fine.

Though I exclusively use the Mobile app and only use the browser when we’re drafting

I annoyingly have a league in both and I like the yahoo app way better

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

JMU plays Weber State for the FCS quarterfinal here in a few minutes - this should be a really close game, as both schools are mirror images of each other. Only difference is that the average age on Weber State is like 24 because they are all Mormon. Basically BYU Lite.

e: it’s on ESPN2

Cnidario fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 9, 2017

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

My two biggest pet peeves with ESPN's roster management: previous stats/points outside of the prior week aren't readily available and you can't submit waiver claims until the week's scoring is over once a player is locked making the waiver window incredibly small.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Joey Freshwater posted:

dont kink shame

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

My two biggest pet peeves with ESPN's roster management: previous stats/points outside of the prior week aren't readily available and you can't submit waiver claims until the week's scoring is over once a player is locked making the waiver window incredibly small.

Im not sure what you mean by the first thing but i think the second is just league settings stuff. For my league all players unlock at midnight on Tuesday and the waivers pickups go through at 9am Wednesday morning. That’s plenty of time to do whatever

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Cnidario posted:

JMU plays Weber State for the FCS quarterfinal here in a few minutes - this should be a really close game, as both schools are mirror images of each other. Only difference is that the average age on Weber State is like 24 because they are all Mormon. Basically BYU Lite.

e: it’s on ESPN2

Do Mormons stay in college longer or something? Or am me too dumb to get joke?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Do Mormons stay in college longer or something? Or am me too dumb to get joke?

I believe a lot of Mormons go on 2-year missions after high school so there's a gap between ending high school and getting into college

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

I believe a lot of Mormons go on 2-year missions after high school so there's a gap between ending high school and getting into college

This is part of why BYU is usually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is part of why BYU is usually good

also a very easy excuse for people to use when they lose to BYU

• Locked thread