Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mazerunner posted:

it costs legendary shards, same as before

so like dismantle some purples. If you're not level 20 and not getting purples then I dunno. Don't sweat it he'll be back.

unless this ends up being a g-horn type situation...

I have two purples and three exotics... Should be able to finish the campaign today, but I work weekends. :(

I missed out on the icebreaker and ghorn last game... Didn't get either until well past RoI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

RCarr posted:

Do you need to have bought the DLC to get that gun from Xur?

No

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I have two purples and three exotics... Should be able to finish the campaign today, but I work weekends. :(

I missed out on the icebreaker and ghorn last game... Didn't get either until well past RoI.

its fine, its not ever going to be de facto required for any kind of PVE content like gjallarhorn was and xur will start selling 3oC and the fated engram poo poo next week so youll get it before too long

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Alright, raid lair looks cool, can't wait to try it tonight

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AgitatedPolishedCaecilian

https://i.imgur.com/NTKCd6o.mp4

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 8, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This is exotic and cool

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh my god there's a loving EDM ghost shell

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

Oh my god there's a loving EDM ghost shell

yeah and it has the best lore

Mazerunner posted:

Lore: Electronica Shell
For Ghosts who love to groove.

What Do Guardians Do When They're Not Saving the Solar System? by Ember Hadad, Senior Editor at the City Herald When I started my research for this piece, I expected to find that Guardians, when not waging war against alien invaders with mysterious paracausal powers, were not too different from their fellow citizens of the Last City. Readers, I was wrong. Guardians dance a lot more than we do. "That's pretty much all they do, when I see them," says Park Soo-Yin, a maintenance worker in the Guardian headquarters. "Just dance. Sometimes in groups, sometimes all alone." "Sometimes they kind of dance 'at' each other, if you know what I mean," Vanguard technician Kweku Aglah confirms. "I feel like I'm watching the nature channel."

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
a small but extremely powerful ruling class whose actions and behaviors are completely foreign to outsiders.

i pray for a dlc about hawthorne instigating a labor revolt and we spend months just playing pinkerton for ikora

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

yeah and it has the best lore

Lmao I hadn't seen that yet

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So what's the skinny on the Raid Lair?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

IronSaber posted:

So what's the skinny on the Raid Lair?

looks cool

boss has some neat mechanics, great visuals, cool arena

spoiler stuff:

I didn't see the start so I dunno lol

there's a platforming section. Platforms pop up one at a time, but you can only have one person on at a time or they'll fall. You gotta conga line your way, not taking too long because the ones at the end will fall eventually.

a bunch of adds. I dunno if there's more to that.

A sweet man-cannon turbo launcher ride into a bunch of floating rocks and vex architecture.

Boss' first phase kind of reminds me of Axis phase 1. The area is a circle around a central point. There are three charge points in a triangle- arc solar void. "vex craniums" spawn randomly around, take them to the charge up point to get a laser in that colour. Crystals in random elements spawn on the middle structure- you gotta call out what kind to know what guns to charge, then break them. If you're not fast enough it's a wipe. Do that a few times to win. Lots of adds and movement.

Second phase is similar. 3 orbs of random elements will spawn. There will be a... hole? near to one of the charge stations. Shooting the orbs with the lasers moves them to the hole. Get all three in at once to make an opening in the boss' shields to DPS.

Occasionally the boss will drop his shields and start charging up a big wipe attack. There are glowing weak spots on him- I think you gotta destroy matching pairs- so like left and right arms or w/e to stop the attack. You can also damage the boss here if you have time? I missed the ending so I dunno if there's more to it

Seems very hectic and fun.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 8, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So is the PL worth buying for PVE too or is it just a PvP pew pew gun?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Its the raid lair have new cool gear?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Yes it's worth buying. What else are you doing with your legendary shards?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So is the PL worth buying for PVE too or is it just a PvP pew pew gun?

Did you not watch the videos on this page?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
On the plus side, I see PvP laser tag matches completing quicker, so that means more tokens earned faster.

Everybody wins! I think!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

May as well enjoy fun pvp while it lasts

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I don't know about you guy's but now that Xur gave it to everyone this new Lens PVP meta is the most fun I've ever had with D2. Everything is complete chaos and it is glorious. I weep knowing this won't survive through next week. It's hilarious that the only way Bungie could save their dead game by destroying it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I don't think I'd call it destroying it. Hell, I prefer to believe that some kind soul at bungie did this on purpose because they love us and the game and want us to have fun when we can. Honoring the D1 if you will

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bungie is making me play PVP again so they did something right.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Gotta say, not ripping it out of Xur's inventory this week was a good move. It's too late to deal with it before Trials and canceling Trials again is a bad idea. If there's something this busted in the game and you plan to fix it, you may as well sell it to everyone so you don't have teams of 4x Lens ripping new cone holes in teams that don't have any.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

galagazombie posted:

I don't know about you guy's but now that Xur gave it to everyone this new Lens PVP meta is the most fun I've ever had with D2. Everything is complete chaos and it is glorious. I weep knowing this won't survive through next week. It's hilarious that the only way Bungie could save their dead game by destroying it.

It's basically a mayhem mode gun with the way it behaves currently. If everyone has one, it's a fun way to blow off some steam and enjoy a different vibe for a bit. It can't be the only way PvP plays, but it's a release valve that is sorely missing from D2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Bungie doubling down on the heart burn is like the first cool thing they have done in 3 months.

Good for them

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

CheeseFactory posted:

Bungie doubling down on the heart burn is like the first cool thing they have done in 3 months.

um cheese fellow, i think you forgot about getting two tokens from a public event

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mikey-San posted:

um cheese fellow, i think you forgot about getting two tokens from a public event

Cayde's Stash boxes now give like 10 and tons of legendary and emblems

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Good for them

It really was the only way to fix it and hell, it happens to be cool and good as well

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Instead of fixing PL they should buff every other gun to this level.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

galagazombie posted:

Cayde's Stash boxes now give like 10 and tons of legendary and emblems

Wait really

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Instead of fixing PL they should buff every other gun to this level.

Yep, exactly what I believe

But instead they'll make pvp 2v2 melee only. Melee recharge is halved

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok guys, I asked on Monday and you told me to come back Tuesday,

Beat the campaign and got my level up to 270 a month ago and haven't played since.

What's new?

Heard the new DLC sucks, but maybe reddit is being crybabies, I dunno. I got the Season Pass so I don't give a fuuuck

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Wait really

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Reddit is definitely a bunch of crybabies and the dlc probably isn't the worst one in a vacuum (I'd put it 3rd out of 5 so far between Destiny 1/2). There's a few issues with D2's endgame grind once you've beaten all the content but since you're not even at that point yet I couldn't really say why you shouldn't continue - raiding is cool and fun.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wheres Xur

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

89 posted:

Wheres Xur

EDZ

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It really was the only way to fix it and hell, it happens to be cool and good as well

Agreed, this was really cool and they need to do more of this and less 5 paragraph expositions on the nature of interpersonal relationships in destiny. Hope the big trials uptick does some good.

Still cant be bothered to even patch tbh but thats more about my issues with the game that are unlikely to ever be solved.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Friday evening and I can't get enough players solo to go into crucible. I just wanna have some fun with my delete laser before it gets nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Its loving hilarious. Trading kills left and right.