Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

unscrew panels on the underside until you find the hard drive, it'll pop out. Destroy it by running a drill through it. If you don't have a drill, a sledgehammer will do. If you don't have either, you can try baking it at 500 degrees for half an hour, but I would not suggest doing that in your kitchen. Another option is to immerse it in salt water for a few days, although I'm not sure if you'd get into the mostly-sealed compartment with the platters that way.

Yeah I knew it would be something like this, I just haven't been arsed to do it :v: And I do have a power drill that I rarely get to use...

As for the rest it, wasn't Best Buy taking used electronics to recycle? Anyone know if they still do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I have the company Christmas party tonight and I am absolutely exhausted and it's snowing outside.

Please advise.

5 hour energy + flannel

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

All of asheville just lost power.

Better drink all this liquor before it goes bad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
prayers 4 ashville

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

5 hour energy + flannel

Did monster + medium coat

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

My brother says Morganton is fine. Must be an isolated snowpacolypse

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's bizarre to get snow this early in Greenville. I like it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I kinda wish Franks double down and stay in office

The HFC may be the best chance of killing the tax bill :haw:

FizFashizzle posted:

How much snow have you all

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The pc I built a few years ago apparently turned off and won't try to turn back on. The power button does literally nothing. I know the psu is at least providing some power because the light on the motherboard turns on. But.

Wtf.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
FRINES THE BRONX ZOO IS AMASXIN I SAW A BEAR POOP BOOFFF A CLIFF A PILE OF OTTERS SQUEKEN THERE WAY THROUGH A LOG AND PENGUINIS WHO THOUGTH I WAS A COOL GUY TO FOLLOW AROUND, A SNOW LEOPROARD WHO GAVE ME THE GRUMPIEST FACE ILOVE HER.

TRIP ROEPORT FAM

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've never seen actual snowfall. Like, I've seen snow, but I've never seen it SNOWING

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Oh apparently the power supply can still be dead even if the motherboard light is on?

Wonderful.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

One of my projects includes building a data center in Asheville. I was wondering why I haven't heard a word from any of my stakeholders today.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

weird Asian candy posted:

The CEO of my company just pulled me aside in a conference room at 4:00PM on a Friday and I was thinking I was canned but he instead thanked me for all my efforts to get the new office up and running after the move and handed me $500 in cash :stare:

Shots on you?

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I work for an investment company with a somewhat common name. There is a debt collection agency with a very similar name. It's not uncommon for us to get calls from people asking why we are garnishing their wages. Those are not my favorite calls to handle because they never believe me when I say we are not a debt collection agency.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just called for an Uber. The drivers name is Ernest, he has a Van Dyke (I think, a goatee with flair), he drives an F-150 with the license plate BUCKY1. Scale of 1 to 10, how likely am I going to be a kidnapping victim?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

I just called for an Uber. The drivers name is Ernest, he has a Van Dyke (I think, a goatee with flair), he drives an F-150 with the license plate BUCKY1. Scale of 1 to 10, how likely am I going to be a kidnapping victim?

TBH throw in a sleeveless shirt and that’s how I picture pretty much all of you Florida goons.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

lmao this is one of the worst designs I've ever seen

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

I have the company Christmas party tonight and I am absolutely exhausted and it's snowing outside.

Please advise.
I had my company Christmas party yesterday. It was open bar, so I handed the bartender a :20bux: and drank like nine bourbon and gingers lmao

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Its Rinaldo posted:

FRINES THE BRONX ZOO IS AMASXIN I SAW A BEAR POOP BOOFFF A CLIFF A PILE OF OTTERS SQUEKEN THERE WAY THROUGH A LOG AND PENGUINIS WHO THOUGTH I WAS A COOL GUY TO FOLLOW AROUND, A SNOW LEOPROARD WHO GAVE ME THE GRUMPIEST FACE ILOVE HER.

TRIP ROEPORT FAM

Rinaldo, your trip sounds like it is the most fun thing in the world. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself :unsmith:

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh apparently the power supply can still be dead even if the motherboard light is on?

Wonderful.

Yeah probably a bad rail. Replace that PSU ASAP as it could end up frying stuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I made this today in the crock pot. Just checked on it and it's looking real good. Little watery for my tastes but I can always drain a bit.

No! Don't drain it!

Mix a little cornmeal (if you have it) or flour into some cold water and stir until there's not much lumps, and then mix it into the chili and let it cook for a couple minutes to thicken it. That liquid is packed with essential chili flavors and goodness. I would start with maybe a tablespoon of flour for that much chili and then try one more Tbsp if that isn't thick enough for you.

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I knew it would be something like this, I just haven't been arsed to do it :v: And I do have a power drill that I rarely get to use...

As for the rest it, wasn't Best Buy taking used electronics to recycle? Anyone know if they still do that?

just go to google maps for your area and type in electronics recycling

but keep in mind like 99% of electronics recycling is shipping it off to China so children can torch off and salvage heavy metals in the streets or something equally horrifying and dystopian. The alternative (filling landfill with e-waste) is also terrible, and the other alternative (finding a place that recycles e-waste responsibly) usually means paying money.

Which you should, because otherwise we're externalizing the true costs of our disposable electronics lifestyle onto poor people and the environment.

e. http://www.electronicstakeback.com/how-to-recycle-electronics/
this page says Best Buy is actually one of the good e-waste places

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 9, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lmao this is one of the worst designs I've ever seen

The house for someone who needs to live with their spouse for image reasons, but never ever wants to run into them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

The house for someone who needs to live with their spouse for image reasons, but never ever wants to run into them.

The rich version of sleeping in separate beds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ernest tries the gig economy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Final work hours count for me this week: 56

Final paid hours thanks to California Labor Laws: 71 :getin:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

My dudes, rich Americans have been building houses big enough to escape their spouses since the Gilded Age, and Edwards' place is a piece of poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I kinda wish Franks double down and stay in office

The HFC may be the best chance of killing the tax bill :haw:

How much snow have you all

About a foot.

I’ll probably go to bed about nine tonight.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Friends, isn't a nice roaring fire the greatest?

We don't have a fireplace but I dug us a firepit outside earlier this year and its been nice ro come out and have a cup of cocoa now and again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

We don't have a fireplace but I dug us a firepit outside earlier this year and its been nice ro come out and have a cup of cocoa now and again.

hell yeah. it's been an adjustment but building a fire in my drat living room has been amazing

plus you can just throw poo poo in there to burn. lots of cardboard boxes from the move that haven't made it into the recycling bin yet are meeting their fiery doom this month

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

hell yeah. it's been an adjustment but building a fire in my drat living room has been amazing

plus you can just throw poo poo in there to burn. lots of cardboard boxes from the move that haven't made it into the recycling bin yet are meeting their fiery doom this month

:yeah:

It used to be when a really bad storm whipped through I'd think of all the poo poo I'd have to rake up the next day but now its like oooh hey free firewood all over the lawn tomorrow!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

axeil posted:

Rinaldo, your trip sounds like it is the most fun thing in the world. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself :unsmith:

Yeah probably a bad rail. Replace that PSU ASAP as it could end up frying stuff.

I think it fried my gpu. When I put in a new psu the gpu sparked and smelled like burning. Then no more worky with the gpu plugged in.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

I’m going back down to my parents Cabin for Christmas and we have an indoor and outdoor fireplace and a fire pit. When it’s cold all three are pretty much going constantly.

This is what it looks like today:

I cant loving wait

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 9, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the best christmas songs are the blink 182 one and wham - last christmas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

He's producing it, Robert Rodriguez is the director.

Also, wouldn't hold your breath on Gunsmith Cats, Cameron has been trying to make an Alita movie since the mid 90's.

After the success of Game of Thrones I hope HBO starts picking up more properties that seem unfilmable (oh god did ASOIAF seem unfilmable when I read it)

What I'm saying is a multi season live action english Attack on Titan

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m going back down to my parents Cabin for Christmas and we have an indoor and outdoor fireplace and a fire pit. When it’s cold all three are pretty much going constantly.

This is what it looks like today:

I cant loving wait

Where is the cabin?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this was about 3 hours today

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Where is the cabin?

North Georgia, Blue Ridge area

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

North Georgia, Blue Ridge area

like near clayton?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Blue ridge mountaiiiins, Shenandoah riiiiveeeeer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

like near clayton?

West of there, small town right near the Tennessee border called McCaysville. It’s north of Epworth. The Cabin is out in the woods but that’s the closest real town

• Locked thread