Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rowe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo Australia is horrifying.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Brexit and 'regulatory alignment' – A pressure group linked to the former Vote Leave campaign has warned Theresa May that signing up to regulatory alignment with the EU to solve the Irish border problem will not allow Britain to ‘take back control’ from Brussels"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn-backing Momentum campaign faces fines and possible criminal investigation if found to have breached spending rules at general election

Independent:

Times:

HMS Queen Elizabeth: Royals attend aircraft carrier ceremony

Evening Standard:

'Sufficient progress' in Brexit talks announced after May's dash to Brussels

Mail:
Mac on... the over-inflated wages of University chiefs

'I want an intensive course on how to become a university vice-chancellor.'

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

why is roy moore there on the right :confused:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shugojin posted:

Australia is importing American pedophiles. Last time it was Milo Yannoitscalledephebophiliapoulos.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

"urinary kompromat"

:vince:

Katt posted:

Christmas in June must be whacky.

you jest, but...

Nenonen posted:

+30şC and -30şC are similar in that you can't stay out for too long, so you end up staying indoors in both cases. Those were the temperatures in Oz and in my home town when I went there for holidays.

Just fewer deadly snakes and spiders and sharks when it's -30şC.

if it was only +30 you got off lightly

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 9, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
The FBPI.

Jedit posted:

Happy page 1000. Anyone got any lovely cartoons about millenials?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I am so sick of those hippies at the FBI pushing their liberal agenda.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Australia, land of the gaytors.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Shugojin posted:

There was a recent article looking into Roy Moore who in 1984 just randomly hosed off to the Australian Outback to live in some random town of like 80 people for about a year. No one saying he acted inappropriate but a few speculating he seemed like he was trying to "escape" something.

If not that I got no clue.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

First panel is accurate.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Haha, this is pretty good for Sack!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah this situation is extremely comical to me but also I wonder, was there any previous time where the FBI were accused of being lefties?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Talking to someone whose on the phone is rude. Carmen is being a dumb jerk. SOME GIZMO.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Johnny Walker posted:

Don't they understand he's on Are side? Why aren't they going after crooked Shillary for all the poo poo I SAY SHE DID.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Cpt.Americant posted:

If not that I got no clue.
The man in the hat is Bob Katter of Katter's Australia Party. He is why Rowe's cartoon has the crocodiles:
https://twitter.com/InsidersABC/status/932030287818584064

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... the over-inflated wages of University chiefs

'I want an intensive course on how to become a university vice-chancellor.'
I honestly would not have expected Mac of all people to have a good opinion on this one.
...and I honestly would not have expected loving Bok of all people to... am I misreading this?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Am I reading this wrong or is this a "told you it was a slippery slope"

If so there's not a gently caress you gif big enough.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I got nothin on this one

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Nah, BoK just periodically manages to have a good opinion.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fool_of_sound posted:

Nah, BoK just periodically manages to have a good opinion.

So did Trump actually un-break someone?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

You're forgetting that Bok is the third-dumbest motherfucker posted here, stupider than even Rall and Ramirez. I'm pretty sure the intended message is something more like "them homos are trampling all over the legacy of the Civil Rights Movement, which everyone was in favor of at the time."

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I read that Bok as "if it were actually a civil rights issue, people would have fought for it in the sixties (ergo shut up gays)"

e: because as we all know, all the real civil rights victories have happened already. history proves this!!

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 9, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I live on the gulf coast and see snow only about once a decade. My yard right now has become a "if global warming why snow" and I can't explain to everyone why I find it so funny.
Me and my brother went outside and made snowman. Happy holidays.

Also, if you live in Alabama go vote this Tuesday!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Haha, I get it! Because of all the sexual assault!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I found that waitress from the Bok cartoon genuinely funny.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah this situation is extremely comical to me but also I wonder, was there any previous time where the FBI were accused of being lefties?

Probably when they failed to arrest Hillary for all of the Benghazi she did, I'm sure there was some "Well yeah, they're in her/the Democrat's pocket."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Probably when they failed to arrest Hillary for all of the Benghazi she did, I'm sure there was some "Well yeah, they're in her/the Democrat's pocket."
I guess I consider this just an extension of that.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Mattress posted:

Australia is importing American pedophiles. Last time it was Milo Yannoitscalledephebophiliapoulos.

Actually it'd be pederasty.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

there wolf posted:

Actually it'd be pederasty.

At the risk of sounding like a pedant supreme, I really wish pederast was used instead of paedophile; I mean a bibliophile doesn't want to gently caress books, and an oenophile doesn't want to gently caress wine.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Let's just use child predator in every instance. It sounds more menacing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I interpreted Bok's cartoon as "The blacks wanted to be treated like humans and not lynched but the gays are demanding cake. Stupid millennial gay snowflakes don't know real struggle."

Much like how feminists in Western countries are just being whiners and should shut up because women in some other countries still have it worse.

I may be being overly pessimistic but after following these threads for years it's hard not to be.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I really hate this worn-out implication that working a regular job is somehow getting off easy or doing less. Not to downplay the demands of full-time parenting or anything, but jobs still tend to suck and you don't even get to be with your new kid.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Pants Donkey posted:

I really hate this worn-out implication that working a regular job is somehow getting off easy or doing less. Not to downplay the demands of full-time parenting or anything, but jobs still tend to suck and you don't even get to be with your new kid.

Also when you get home you haveget to do all the parenting stuff for several hours anyway, to give your partner a break. (Current experience here!)

I'm not certain that's the implication here though, I think it's more that she's having a pretty tough day coping and is looking for sympathy first and foremost.

On a related note: Are babies weaned super early in Scandinavia? They all look pretty young but produce brown poos and dark vomit, which they shouldn't be doing on just milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Kegluneq posted:

On a related note: Are babies weaned super early in Scandinavia? They all look pretty young but produce brown poos and dark vomit, which they shouldn't be doing on just milk.

At about 6 months.

• Locked thread