Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Which defense should I be starting this week?

Buffalo vs Ind
Tennessee vs Ari

Those seem to be the best of many bad options:

EDIT: jfc this team has a loving bye what is wrong with me

It’s still a perfect time to do a risk-free gut check of your fantasy “skills”. Example: I’m concerned that Golden Tate has a higher risk of underperforming this weekend because of Stafford’s hand. So I’m flexing in Crowell in for Tate and it won’t cost me anything because of the bye.

In your case it’s very even but the Bills playing at home have the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Plank Walker posted:

Need to pick 2 QBs:

Russell Wilson @ Jax
Dak Prescott @ New York Football Giants
Jameis Winston v. Det

Dak and Jameis.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5 ppr, Pick 3 RBs:

L Murray @ Car
Freeman vNO
Lynch @KC

Drake vNE

The dilemma: Freeman plays tonight and Drake plays Monday. Damien Williams may or may not play so I can't lock Drake into my line up. I like Murray, Lynch, and Drake as starters better than Freeman. I feel like I pretty much have to play Freeman no matter what..but in that case, who do I bench if Williams is out?

tonic posted:

Pick two WRs and a FLEX (Standard):

Marvin Jones @ TB
Stefon Diggs @ Car
Jordan Howard @ Cin
Sammy Watkins vs Phi
Marquise Goodwin @ Hou

Leaning Jones/Diggs and Howard. Will probably sit Jones if Stafford isn't playing. Could see sitting Diggs for either Watkins/Goodwin though honestly. Also Howard has been dudding hard, so maybe I should just play 3 WRs? Ugh.

Our playoffs are two weeks so I'd rather have solid floor plays instead of big upside if that matters.

If Stafford plays:
Jones, Goodwin, Howard

If Stafford sits:
Goodwin, Watkins, Howard

Picking Goodwin over Watkins due to matchup even though Watkins is clearly the better receiver.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

3 DONG HORSE posted:

0.5 ppr, Pick 3 RBs:

L Murray @ Car
Freeman vNO
Lynch @KC

Drake vNE

The dilemma: Freeman plays tonight and Drake plays Monday. Damien Williams may or may not play so I can't lock Drake into my line up. I like Murray, Lynch, and Drake as starters better than Freeman. I feel like I pretty much have to play Freeman no matter what..but in that case, who do I bench if Williams is out?

Murray is an easy sit for me this week against Carolina. I'd confidently start Freeman, Lynch, and Drake.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pubic works project posted:

Need help with my position players outside of QB and TE. 1 PPR. 2 RB/2WR/1 Flex

Hunt vs. Oak
Howard @ Cin
Alshon @ LAR
Landry vs. NE
Tyreek vs. Oak

Amari @ KC
Jamaal Williams @ Cle
Aaron Jones @ Cle
Mike Davis

Bold are my current starters. I'm just second-guessing playing Howard and wondering if I should put Jamaal Williams in. I'm getting worried about my match-up since Gronk isn't playing and I really don't want to lose to a guy who will start Tyrod and Rawls.

*ahem*

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

Murray is an easy sit for me this week against Carolina. I'd confidently start Freeman, Lynch, and Drake.

Would you still start Drake over Murray even if Williams plays? I am always fairly confident during regular season but playoffs is just pure self-doubt and anxiety. :ohdear:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Would you still start Drake over Murray even if Williams plays? I am always fairly confident during regular season but playoffs is just pure self-doubt and anxiety. :ohdear:

I suspect Williams isn't going to play, but even if he does, yes, I would. I think Drake has earned that job now and even if Williams is available his usage will be scaled back. Drake is capable in the passing game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

^Thank you :)

Got u fam. Also, fun fact: I just now realized your name isn't "public works project". A+++++

Need help with my position players outside of QB and TE. 1 PPR. 2 RB/2WR/1 Flex

Hunt vs. Oak
Howard @ Cin
Alshon @ LAR
Landry vs. NE
Tyreek vs. Oak

Amari @ KC
Jamaal Williams @ Cle
Aaron Jones @ Cle
Mike Davis

Bold are my current starters. I'm just second-guessing playing Howard and wondering if I should put Jamaal Williams in. I'm getting worried about my match-up since Gronk isn't playing and I really don't want to lose to a guy who will start Tyrod and Rawls.

I would swap Williams out for Howard. The Packers need the win too badly to risk anything by forcing a not-amazing guy back from injury into the game plan, even if it's against the Browns.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, or Case Keenum

Right now I'm going Matt because I think tonight is going to be a shootout

nbzl
Apr 5, 2002

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.
.5PPR

Pick 1 RB:
L. Murray @ Car
D. Woodhead @ Pit
D. Henry @ Ari
T. Riddick @ TB

Pick 1 TE:
E. Engram @ Dal
C. Brate @ Det

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

^Thank you :)

Got u fam. Also, fun fact: I just now realized your name isn't "public works project". A+++++

I would swap Williams out for Howard. The Packers need the win too badly to risk anything by forcing a not-amazing guy back from injury into the game plan, even if it's against the Browns.

Lmao. My man.

That's what I was debating: Williams or Howard. Browns give up like 4.7 YPC and I think Williams is going to get the bulk share.

This actually solved my other problem and I'm flexing Josh Gordon over Howard in my other league.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Lmao. My man.

That's what I was debating: Williams or Howard. Browns give up like 4.7 YPC and I think Williams is going to get the bulk share.

This actually solved my other problem and I'm flexing Josh Gordon over Howard in my other league.

On the other hand...

Cleveland actually has a decent run D and only allow 3.3 YPC, actually the best defense YPC in the league. The Bengals are allowing 4 YPC and allow the 5th most points to RBs..

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

nbzl posted:

.5PPR

Pick 1 RB:
L. Murray @ Car
D. Woodhead @ Pit
D. Henry @ Ari
T. Riddick @ TB

Pick 1 TE:
E. Engram @ Dal
C. Brate @ Det

Murray and be sad about it.

Engram and be super happy about it, especially if Eli plays and Shepard sits

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Mariota @ARI

or

Winston vs.DET

6 pptd

Other available options are Manning vsDAL, Jimmy G @HOU, or uh Gabbert vs.TEN?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Zauper posted:

On the other hand...

Cleveland actually has a decent run D and only allow 3.3 YPC, actually the best defense YPC in the league. The Bengals are allowing 4 YPC and allow the 5th most points to RBs..

I need to correct myself. It's 4.27 YPC in the past 4 games.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

So I'm mad at Matt Ryan and Jimmy G is available on waiver. Ryan's floor is single digits, would Jimmy be worth risking it?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

cool kids inc. posted:

So I'm mad at Matt Ryan and Jimmy G is available on waiver. Ryan's floor is single digits, would Jimmy be worth risking it?

FWIW I’m playing Jimmy over Dak this week in the playoffs, but Dak has looked pretty awful the past 3 weeks.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Pick two, standard scoring:

Latavius Murray vs. CAR
Jordan Howard vs. CIN
Dion Lewis vs. MIA
Rex Burkhead vs. MIA

Also, do I start the Rams defense versus Philadelphia or consider GB vs. CLE or TEN vs. ARI?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

DTaeKim posted:

Pick two, standard scoring:

Latavius Murray vs. CAR
Jordan Howard vs. CIN
Dion Lewis vs. MIA
Rex Burkhead vs. MIA

Also, do I start the Rams defense versus Philadelphia or consider GB vs. CLE or TEN vs. ARI?

Murray for sure. Probably Burkhead in Standard since he’s been getting all the goal line work.

I’m sitting the Rams this week, both GB and TEN are better options on paper.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
.5 PPR I need a RB2 and a flex for this week

Kerwynn Williams vsTEN
Gio Bernard vsCHI
Riddick @TB
Barber vsDET
AP vsTEN
Woodhead @PIT

Thinking Gio and Kerwynn?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

cool kids inc. posted:

I’d be ok with Garoppolo over Ryan.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Pick two RBs in half-ppr.

Freeman vs NO
Coleman vs. NO
Howard @ CIN
Bernard vs. CHI

Freeman has disappointed all year and I am wondering if its getting too cute playing Coleman over him. My thinking is that NO is going to get a lead and ATL will be forced to throw a lot, meaning Coleman would probably see more work than Freeman? I would go Howard/Bernard if everyone played Sunday since I would know if Mixon was out, but don't have that luxury.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Suave Fedora posted:

I’d be ok with Garoppolo over Ryan.

Ultimately decided I am, too. If anything, when Kyle Shanahan has a quarterback he gels with, things happen... So we'll see!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

cool kids inc. posted:

Ultimately decided I am, too. If anything, when Kyle Shanahan has a quarterback he gels with, things happen... So we'll see!

He has a great matchup, isn’t your typical backup QB and already established chemistry with his WR1. I think you’ll/we’ll be fine.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

cool kids inc. posted:

You have chosen ... wisely

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Need a WR2 in 0 PPR

Funchess vs Min
Diggs @ Car
Agholor @ LAR
Shepard vs Dal
Kupp vs Phi

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Q_res posted:

Need a WR2 in 0 PPR

Funchess vs Min
Diggs @ Car
Agholor @ LAR
Shepard vs Dal
Kupp vs Phi

Funchess may be competing w/ Olsen 2.0 for targets this weekend, so I'd go Diggs or Agholor probably leaning toward Diggs due to the number of mouths to feed in Philly. Unless Diggs is having migraines or has a sore toe, in which case play Agholor.

I need a QB in 0PPR, 6-pt TD Yahoo league:
Stafford @ TB
Keenum @ Car

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

Funchess may be competing w/ Olsen 2.0 for targets this weekend, so I'd go Diggs or Agholor probably leaning toward Diggs due to the number of mouths to feed in Philly. Unless Diggs is having migraines or has a sore toe, in which case play Agholor.

I need a QB in 0PPR, 6-pt TD Yahoo league:
Stafford @ TB
Keenum @ Car

Hard not to like Stafford here. Just gotta make sure he plays.

Need 2RBs and a Flex. 1 PPR. Who do you start?

McCoy vs. IND
A. Morris vs NYG
G. Bernard vs CHI

D. Murray vs ARI
Abdullah vs TB
D. Thomas vs. NYJ

Lot of money on the line for this one. Just curious on goon perspective.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sataere posted:

McCoy vs. IND
A. Morris vs NYG
G. Bernard vs CHI

D. Murray vs ARI
Abdullah vs TB
D. Thomas vs. NYJ

Agreed on your choices

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

McCoy vs. IND
A. Morris vs NYG
G. Bernard vs CHI

D. Murray vs ARI
Abdullah vs TB
D. Thomas vs. NYJ

I agree as well. I dropped my backup TE for Bernard, thanks to another goon's earlier tip about him esp. given the Mixon situation. All my QBs suck, and I'm stuck with Big Ben so I really need Bernard to go off :smith:.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Need a flex in standard 0 ppr.

Howard @ Cin
Marquise Lee v Sea
Kearse @ Den
Doctson @ LAC

Really don't trust Howard, especially after he did nothing against the 49ers last week. Though my other options aren't great either. Leaning Howard or Lee, though Kearse might be good with Denver pretty much giving up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

To drag this one up again, someone dropped the Minn DST in this league. Would you play them over any of these DSTs? I think Bills and Jets are still the better play, and leaning the Jets, but wanna check around.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MacheteZombie posted:

To drag this one up again, someone dropped the Minn DST in this league. Would you play them over any of these DSTs? I think Bills and Jets are still the better play, and leaning the Jets, but wanna check around.

Bills get the edge due to the weather conditions, all other numbers (compared to the Jets) being about equal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
1PPR

Murray, Crowell or Funchess?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

1 PPR, start 2

Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, Theo Riddick, Marshawn Lynch

Leaning Gio and Lynch unless Abdullah doesn’t play in which case -Gio

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Diqnol posted:

1 PPR, start 2

Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, Theo Riddick, Marshawn Lynch

Leaning Gio and Lynch unless Abdullah doesn’t play in which case -Gio

Yes, Gio and Lynch.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Dak @ Giants
or
Case @ Carolina ?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Standard, need to pick someone for my flex.

L Murray @ Car
Murray @ Ari
Barber vs Det
Lee vs Sea
Funchess vs Min
Blount @ LAR

Also have an empty roster slot, so I can pick someone up for a long shot if anyone has any suggestions other than Davis.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Billy the Mountain posted:

Dak @ Giants
or
Case @ Carolina ?

Keenum hasn’t gone under 17 points since Week 7.

Zeke-less Dak is poopy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

Standard, need to pick someone for my flex.

L Murray @ Car
Murray @ Ari
Barber vs Det
Lee vs Sea
Funchess vs Min
Blount @ LAR

Also have an empty roster slot, so I can pick someone up for a long shot if anyone has any suggestions other than Davis.

Marquise Goodwin or Lactavius.

• Locked thread