Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Good Citizen posted:

Like diablo 3 on consoles weird? Cause I could deal with that

Haven't played D3 on console, so I can't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Can I get an invite on KarrdeBurn thanks

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

A friend of mine wants to do some kind of summoning ranger, which made me think of Blink/Mirror Arrow, anyone know a build for that? I can't find one on the PoE forums.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

karrethuun posted:

Can I get an invite on KarrdeBurn thanks

Hooplah posted:

Invite wintermute to the guild. please and thank you rat.

Bluemillion posted:

I would like a Guild invite for "Acetylene_Blue", please.

Vanguard Warden posted:

Reinvite me on "Inmotus" if you can.

done

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

NachtSieger posted:

A friend of mine wants to do some kind of summoning ranger, which made me think of Blink/Mirror Arrow, anyone know a build for that? I can't find one on the PoE forums.

As soon as it come back up Ill link it to you. It clears content, but the playstyle was not for me.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

So how does Ancestral Call interact with melee splash? I assume you can't hit a single enemy with multiple splashes?

You can if they overlap from having extra enemies nearby.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So uh...the new Lightning Thorns is not to be hosed with: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyTamePhoneKappa

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
When we get back online I could use an invite on AndeDufresny

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

AegisP posted:

So uh...the new Lightning Thorns is not to be hosed with: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyTamePhoneKappa

I noticed that little guy popping off earlier, I just figured he is always pretty deadly and the ground is always covered by him in electricity so I thought it was normal.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I noticed that little guy popping off earlier, I just figured he is always pretty deadly and the ground is always covered by him in electricity so I thought it was normal.

The Lightning Clouds are normal, but the frequency of those lightning novas are something else.

Woke me up when I ran into him today and my health pool nearly dropped as quickly as Nugi's.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Violate dead is visually very satisfying and you can keep chaining it as more and more die, works best when your getting swarmed and don't have to walk across empty screens to get to the next enemies.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 9, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Yo Vasudus, I'm scopin out the bleed slayer bow guy you have on your profile, but when I punch him into PoB the DPS only says like 100k total? Am I missing something?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

AegisP posted:

That looks like it's echoing and stacking the repeated novas, instead of just one nova per hit.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

AegisP posted:

That looks like the effect that fucker vaal boss that spawns in dried lake has.

Patcher is up, but realm is still down.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress these abyss manta rays/bats whatever

just gently caress them

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Violate dead is visually very satisfying and you can keep chaining it as more and more die, works best when your getting swarmed and don't have to walk across empty screens to get to the next enemies.

Yeah, it's very good. I'm also killing bosses way faster than normal. Except for Purity, who has a million minions, none of whom drop corpses. :arghfist:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Bugsy posted:

As soon as it come back up Ill link it to you. It clears content, but the playstyle was not for me.

Thanks!

TheRat posted:

Think I've invited everyone who asked for it so far, shout if you didnt get one

I didn't get one :shobon: Character name is either NachtOnFire or NachtColdAtAll, once servers come up.

Noper Q posted:

Yeah, it's very good. I'm also killing bosses way faster than normal. Except for Purity, who has a million minions, none of whom drop corpses. :arghfist:

Ain't that what Desecrate/Unearth are for?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Realm is up.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

NachtSieger posted:

Thanks!

I didn't get one :shobon: Character name is either NachtOnFire or NachtColdAtAll, once servers come up.

This is the best guide on it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

NachtSieger posted:

Yeah, but I'm killing all these guys and I can't double-explode them and that's just So Sad.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Hey TheRat, what kind of items are you going to be looking for for your build?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

...Maybe this is the league I try out Scorching Ray.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
e: nvm i'm dunmb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that can only be a 3l scorching ray though right?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
technically 4l but yeah

e: oh hey it's a wheel of time reference

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
It's sort of a 5 link since a level 25 scorching ray would require some combination of a maxed-out Empower and a bonus to spell gem levels from the item itself.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Invite for redneck_nazgul, please?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm going to call now that any build that loves to have lots of flat added damage is going to perform extremely well in abyss league by gobbling up all the jewels with 2-3 affixes for flat damage.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

The orbs from volatile dead aren't projectiles, right?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ferrinus posted:

It's sort of a 5 link since a level 25 scorching ray would require some combination of a maxed-out Empower and a bonus to spell gem levels from the item itself.

And there really aren't that many links for SR anyway.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well I was going to try SR/RF this league anyway. What's a good Templar build for it? There's like, ten of them on the forums.

dis astranagant posted:

And there really aren't that many links for SR anyway.

Efficacy, Burning Damage, Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus, Swift Affliction. All strong supports, 40%+ each.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 9, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Seems really strong simply because you can then use a Kaoms?

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
If there's room could I get an invite for Frohikew?

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
Invite iliiillliiiilllliii please, thanks!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Abyss is mostly great but those rare bat monsters can gently caress right off.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Qwertycoatl posted:

Abyss is mostly great but those rare bat monsters can gently caress right off.

Agreed.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fart Cannon posted:

Invite iliiillliiiilllliii please, thanks!

lol

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Yo let me back in the guild!

character name CumGolemFursona

moot4king
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
Can I get a invite? LoserShutIn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MrTargetPractice posted:

Hey TheRat, what kind of items are you going to be looking for for your build?

Not a final list, but thinking mind of the council/inpulsa's broken heart/essence worm/wise oak/vinktars