Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOG AT THE DOOR
Aug 29, 2007

bwha
https://twitter.com/olifranklin/status/937660128974852096

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
finally saw "stalker" on the weekend,in a nice theater as god and tarkovsky intended

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

finally saw "stalker" on the weekend,in a nice theater as god and tarkovsky intended

aren't you in TO? who's showing stalker?

CLASS 2 PERVERSION
Jan 19, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

nice, I saw solaris in cinema a while back and it looked really good. better than the versions I've seen before at least.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

aren't you in TO? who's showing stalker?

TIFF Lightbox. showing Solaris tonight :dance:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

TIFF Lightbox. showing Solaris tonight :dance:

loving ace, stalker is showing through thursday!

thanks mang

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Analytic Engine posted:

Here’s an anime UI starter pack. Eva was produced by (and for) turbo spergs, so Dataviz is a given.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gfcEr

Eva has some of the coolest (if completely unreadable) UI poo poo ever made

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shaggar posted:

I bought a vive also during the amazon CYBER MONDAY sale. I had used one before so I knew what to expect, but yeah some of it is a little rough. However, there are some pretty dang fun games in there like fantastic contraptions and windlands. you probably got fo4 vr w/ ur bundle like I did and that will be interesting when its finally released.

also the bundle I got came w/ the vive "deluxe" audio strap and its way, way better than the included strap.

one of the things that's really incredible is when you have well animated and voiced characters in VR cause it is amazingly real.

Yeah, the 'Magic Shop' world in the Aperture Labs game has a fully animated character talk to you and it's splendidly realistic.

I also tried:

'Holopoint' which is meant to be 'the' bow and arrow game, and its fun once you twig that once you shoot the targets they fire back, so you get into a shoot-dodge-shoot vibe.

'King Kaiju' is a cheapy indie game where you punch, swipe, stomp and breathe fire on a defenceless town - thoroughly enjoyed myself trialling it out, even an hours fun is worth the few quid it cost.

Looking forward to Fallout 4 when it hits, I might even finish the story this time :o:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
waltz of the wizard is great fun and its free.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight posted:

.tif lightbox

mods

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
check out this cool retro terminal:
https://github.com/Swordfish90/cool-retro-term

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

anyone in this thread can teach me how to be hacker? :cool:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

PleasureKevin posted:

http://hackertyper.com/

E: This one may be better: http://geektyper.com/

RFC2324 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 6, 2017

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

PleasureKevin posted:

start by learning the ultimate hacking took: tracer-t

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

step 1: fingerless gvloes

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

should i boot into linux before visiting this...

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sweevo posted:

start by learning the ultimate hacking took: tracer-t
fool, that only works if the machine has already been hacked to broadcast an ip address

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PleasureKevin posted:

practice saying "I'm in" in your lowest, most gravelly voice

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

should i boot into linux before visiting this...

kali linux :cool:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

PleasureKevin posted:

your gonna need some sick neon for your battlestation

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

got it covered

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

a very small horse posted:

nice, I saw solaris in cinema a while back and it looked really good. better than the versions I've seen before at least.

saw Solaris on Monday. good stuff

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol of all the future cyber apps I have used on my Vive in its first week, by far my favourite is...

Google Earth :o:

srs shooting lasers and arrows at demons and ninjas is fine but flying round the world in full 3d is just bonkers fun. Black Canyon in Colorado is one of the presets to visit and I think its my favourite of them all, the scale you get is just unreal.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

PleasureKevin posted:

find the company you want to hack
start dating someone at the company
surprise them at work with flowers and candy and stuff
one time bring a battery powered evil twin when you visit and use your phone to deauth the real router
there you go you're a hacker

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

call the company on the phone

"good afternoon, i'm robert johnson, the county computer password inspector"
"hiya bob! what can i do for you today?"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Kevin Mitnick practically did that half the time

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

have you seen Cathode?

they have an iOS version too

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the exact brief for this picture was "nagel but we don't want to pay nagel or get sued by him"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My soviet display got here today :toot:

Unfortunately I can't do anything with it for like a couple weeks cause of other commitments over xmas, but it's pretty cool

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7Eob4YFDQ
I really liked this book, shame the sequels were kind of crappy. Adaptation's looking better than I was expecting.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

communism bitch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7Eob4YFDQ
I really liked this book, shame the sequels were kind of crappy. Adaptation's looking better than I was expecting.

yea it looks worth checking out.

& agreed the sequels are dogshit. im pretty sure theyre random milsf trash drafts that the author had lying around that he adapted as sequels for altered carbon when it hit big.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

the sex scenes in them are some of the worst writing ive ever read. the second two took me almost 3 months to finish because they were so bad. now im reading hogfather and im almost done with it after 2 days.

edit; also the entire time i was really hoping he would explore the whole 'if you die and wake up in another sleeve from a memory recording, is it really still you?' thing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

super gross sex scenes yea

the worst to me was that title he had that kept cropping up, the training. joyfully ive forgotten the word so please pretend i am an idiot

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh actually the worst was that one time a female member of his squad gets PTSD and he fixes it by using some kind of

ENVOY that is the word, envoy

He uses envoy tricks on a PTSD woman which is pretty much described as bringing her to orgasm while hypnotising her. The book treats this like its totally fine.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
someone’s fetish spotted

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

eschaton posted:

someone’s fetish spotted

idk what you mean unless his fetish is havng sex under existential circumstances.

ok i get what you mean

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

to be fair theres a really good detective novel with some interesting twists "hidden" inside the first book so ill watch it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i liked altered carbon but the title gets dropped once or twice in contexts that are really forced and i have 0 desire to read any sequels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Powaqoatse posted:

yea it looks worth checking out.

& agreed the sequels are dogshit. im pretty sure theyre random milsf trash drafts that the author had lying around that he adapted as sequels for altered carbon when it hit big.

is milsf moms id like to suck and gently caress?

• Locked thread