Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

I wish smoka wa here to tell us about how ramen is expensive while dude pontificates about the hazards of presenting a woman with a knockoff shoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

smoka is with us in our hearts man

smoking weed & watching anime & shouting at the junkie/dealer downstairs by the massage parlor. hes famiily, ya know

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
im glad hes dead

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

muckswirler posted:

I wish smoka wa here to tell us about how ramen is expensive while dude pontificates about the hazards of presenting a woman with a knockoff shoe.

yospos is, by its nature, bougie as gently caress

if you want to hear about ramen there are about eleven subforums where the budgeting consists of ramen vs anime figurines

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

I drive a douche car and live between sf and europe I totally know, but like 'I'm a hired socialite and my lady only wears the MOST expensive pumps AMA' is some major conspicuous wannabe ick.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
yospos: come for the whining, stay for the conspicuous bougie ick

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

conspicuous bougie ick

mods

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

muckswirler posted:

I wish smoka wa here to

lol nope

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

You're a piece of work you know that right

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yospos: come for the whining, stay for the conspicuous bougie ick

yospos: bad and bougie

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
we're just self-aware enough to hate ourselves and our own success

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

yes to smoka

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

idk why you guys are talking about eating ramen to save money that stuff costs like fifteen dollars

oh, you're talking about instant noodles

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

idk why you guys are talking about eating ramen to save money that stuff costs like fifteen dollars

final fantasy 15 cup noodles superiority

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

only the fancy shops around here are $15, most are $8-$12

i still mostly just make it at home, i'm walking distance from chinatown and the fresh noodles are like a buck for a container

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when I was super broke fresh egg noodles were such a staple food, I could get 3 meals out of a $1 package. they only keep like four days though

the super expensive ramen places in sf kind of bum me out because at its heart it's basically fast food and waiting in line an hour and paying $3 extra for a single piece of pork is stupid

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

have a place here that serves up an excellent bowl of ramen for ~$6, i would have it every day if it wasn't for fear that the sodium intake would actually kill me

i've only ever encountered it as a premium dish in other places, so was a very pleasant surprise

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
there’s an excellent ramen place in downtown mountain view that’s under :10bux: and looks like it’s been open forever

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ate all the Oreos posted:

my favorite part of cleanrooms is the sticky mats on the floor at the entrance that clean the bottom of your shoes, they're fun

i want those in my home

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
for sale: exercise equipment, never used

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i've been on an orzo kick lately. boil it and strain it and use it in place of rice with stewed meats or throw it in soup. i like it better than rice in either of those dishes.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

this is fantastic

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jesus every time my eyes happen to land on that image i notice a new horrible detail

like how two of them are barefoot for some reason, or one of the 30-something dudes has a naruto headband around his neck

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there’s an excellent ramen place in downtown mountain view that’s under :10bux: and looks like it’s been open forever

talking about maru ichi, right
that place, you literally have to bring a :10bux: bill, they don't accept cards
i think this has something intimately to do with how they survive. either their margins are <2% or they don't pay taxes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
also, sometimes ramen places have good kimchi
that place does not

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there's a place here that does kimchi lamb teppanyaki ramen and it is pro as heck

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://my.mixtape.moe/duqnpg.mp4

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

talking about maru ichi, right
that place, you literally have to bring a :10bux: bill, they don't accept cards
i think this has something intimately to do with how they survive. either their margins are <2% or they don't pay taxes

maru ichi rules

I have friends from Pittsburgh who go there whenever they’re in town for work

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i thought this was gonna be about the older dog panting to the beat of the music

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

id rather have zaru soba. if you're in phoenix there's a place that does japanese and italian noodles and its good

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
if you live a certain kind of lifestyle Amex Plat does pay for itself

they cover baggage fees on some airlines, you don’t have to pay for airport lounge access, they pay for TSA pre-check or global entry…

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the airport dickhead platinum card

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

lmfao

fun fact: the east bay DSA is the only DSA chapter that's adopted democratic centralism as part of its bylaws. this basically means that if they vote on something, you have to go along with it and aren't allowed to disagree with the policy or criticize it. i suspect this is somehow the fault of the RCP/bob avakian cultists, who are also based in berkeley

(north bay DSA is small and cool and nice and run in part by our own chickenoftomorrow)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My friends gf has an Amex that gets denied pretty much everywhere I see her try to use it lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Triglav posted:

for sale: exercise equipment, never used

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

They're all loving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin