Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheCenturion posted:

It was funnier in the PS2 .hack games; on the in-game forum, everybody kept calling a poster called ωrice 'Buttrice.'

Always got a chuckle out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rollersnake posted:

It's a titty roguelike rather than a Titzardry, so color me not interested.

Also it's called Omega Labyrinth because ω = boobs, lol.

ωっぱい迷宮

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stardew Valley's coming to this thing also Romancing SaGa 2 next week.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

This is your PSN public service announcement here to remind you that Nep games are on sale this year WEEK, and if you haven't Nepped before now's your chance to Nep.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've never nepped, but do I want to?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

no

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You must.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is nep?

Hyperdimension Neptunia?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well im enlightened

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I've never nepped, but do I want to?

Yes

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Read Only Memory 2064 for Vita is on NA PSN right now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thriving

https://twitter.com/dukope/status/939591376102088704

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
I haven't played it but I've heard good things about VA-11 HALL-A the visual novelish game. Neo-noire cyberpunk bartending action! It also came out recently on Vita.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0994-PCSE00756_00-VALHALLAPSVITA01

Snyderman fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 9, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Papers, Please owns and I hope there's touchscreen support.

VA-11 HALL-A is completely devoid of substance.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Just picked up Read Only Memories on Vita.

Vita means life.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

How is Romancing SaGa 2? It looks interesting, but I know nothing of the franchise.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Snyderman posted:

I haven't played it but I've heard good things about VA-11 HALL-A the visual novelish game. Neo-noire cyberpunk bartending action! It also came out recently on Vita.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0994-PCSE00756_00-VALHALLAPSVITA01

it's not good...but there's a cute pixel cat inside.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ryoji posted:

How is Romancing SaGa 2? It looks interesting, but I know nothing of the franchise.

It's an interesting game, the English version's been out on iOS/Android for almost a year now. Key gimmick is that it's very non-linear and has a ton of different storylines you can follow at any time, time passes as you play, new stuff opens and closes, and Game Over simply means that your main character dies, you pick a successor, and continue on. The official website lays out a bunch of the gameplay features really nicely.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

Policenaut posted:

It's an interesting game, the English version's been out on iOS/Android for almost a year now. Key gimmick is that it's very non-linear and has a ton of different storylines you can follow at any time, time passes as you play, new stuff opens and closes, and Game Over simply means that your main character dies, you pick a successor, and continue on. The official website lays out a bunch of the gameplay features really nicely.

That page is really nicely done. If it is not more than 20€ I will try it out.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ve been dieing to play PSP games again, hope this thread works, but is The Vira basically the best way to play them now either between digital / henkaku?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I’ve been dieing to play PSP games again, hope this thread works, but is The Vira basically the best way to play them now either between digital / henkaku?

Confirm vita is the best psp.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

Alder posted:

it's not good...but there's a cute pixel cat inside.

That's too bad I guess. Well at least there's still a few new Vita games on the horizon like the Secret of Mana remake in February.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah I’ve been playing a lot of Persona 3 Portable on Vita and despite some slight blurriness it looks/plays great. Having a second stick is a godsend for some games

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Having a second stick is a godsend for some games

It makes Portable Ops actually playable

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

zenintrude posted:

It makes Portable Ops actually playable

It made Mega Man Legends way easier to control too

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Goddamn it I just bought Stardew Valley on the Switch. I'd play it so loving much on the Vita.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Vita means life.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
some weird hate for VA-11 HALL-A here in the ps vita thread

it's an absolutely fine visual novel with a nice soundtrack and it has some crossover cameos with ROM if you're also playing that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it is a visual novel with no plot, character development, or even changes of scenery

every part of it reads like the very first attempt at writing from someone who never bothered to read much besides mindless internet garbage

some interesting ideas are very briefly touched upon here and there but they always end in a wet referential fart

characters run the gamut from forgettable to insufferable and the most frequent appearances go to a child sex robot who's always up for some hot hot child sex, so that's a thing

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

I went back to play LoH2: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch only to find that my PSP 1000 bit the dust. :/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

some weird hate for VA-11 HALL-A here in the ps vita thread

it's an absolutely fine visual novel with a nice soundtrack and it has some crossover cameos with ROM if you're also playing that

stop. it's creepy and crossed the point of no return after 5 min of the intro.

Alder fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 10, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

huh

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Really Pants posted:

it is a visual novel with no plot, character development, or even changes of scenery

every part of it reads like the very first attempt at writing from someone who never bothered to read much besides mindless internet garbage

some interesting ideas are very briefly touched upon here and there but they always end in a wet referential fart

characters run the gamut from forgettable to insufferable and the most frequent appearances go to a child sex robot who's always up for some hot hot child sex, so that's a thing

it's a slice of life story

dorothy is a garbage character but she's one out of a fairly sizable cast and the game is extremely not whatever you're describing there in your goons.txt

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

at one point a cooked sausage is brought in and everyone present repeats the same "eat my weiner" joke for five minutes straight

that is the high-water mark for humor, characterization, and engaging story turns

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
there are corgis and a fake miku, you can decorate your room, and i enjoyed the talk between several of the npcs, and especially jill's crush on her boss

it's not shakespeare and it's full of memes but it has over 6000 Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on steam, it's not a titty game, it's not even a dating game. it's not monster monpiece or something

vv i don't mean that as an indicator of quality and i'm pretty sure you know that. i just mean it has more in common with like homestuck or something

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 11, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

might I perhaps recommend some other highly praised media, such as Fifty Shades Of Grey or Ready Player One

"it's not even a dating game" is an excellent description though

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

it's a slice of life story

dorothy is a garbage character but she's one out of a fairly sizable cast and the game is extremely not whatever you're describing there in your goons.txt

"This bowl of pudding has a dog turd in it somewhere but the rest is good!"

I've given games like these a chance before and they've always been disappointing to say the least.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
there's plenty of room for discourse about problematic messed up poo poo in media and [insert rant about cyberpunk as a genre] and [insert rant about sexual violence in video games] but sure let's go with dog turds

it's a goddamn anime game it's not that serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:gas:

Let the Vita die how it lived, coveted in anime boobs