Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Free roll was Rathios. Extra free roll, Rathios. Free stones roll, Rathios. Saved another ten, got someone else to roll, Kiri. Saved another ten and rolled again today - Rathios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Got a Tardis with some event stones, this guy is surprisingly amazing in the typical Anublos team.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Adolf Glitter posted:

got a Nees who looks cool with some crazy high stats, but they have forgotten 2/3 of her awakenings. sad!

This is the one i was hoping to roll for instead of those 2 extra Li's. My Kami team would welcome her with open arms :smith: :smith:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Got a gift card, bought a pack, did some more pulls.

Enra
Tardis
Weld
Kulia #3 & 4

Not too bad overall. I don't have Anubis so I guess Tardis is just on the sidelines for now, but Weld will make a good inherit for my Scheat.

Is Enra good enough to try as a lead? I have a ton of decent fire subs, but not sure if it's worth the investment.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

don't think she's considered top tier or anything but pretty good. she plays like yog with way lower damage (x144 compared to x324) but she does have a ton of 7c awakenings to make up for it and, unlike yog, enra has an rcv multiplier

if your subs make red orbs and have fingers and/or 7c, you should be set with a pretty solid team

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm so happy. Was looking at my fire mons for better leaders and thought I would try reincarnated Ame no Uzume then when I went to make a team I had no fire/green subs so I looked it up and noticed Enra was fire/green so I thought I got thirty stones so gently caress it then she came out on the first roll :woop:

Question while I'm posting I have two accounts and would like to get a cheap device to do multiplayer are the amazon fire tablets worth a poo poo for PAD cuz' I figure they will be discounted after christmas.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

my alt is on my kindle fire and I've never had any issues with it

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Rathios keeps throwing me off. Just really sounds like a Monster Hunter name. I know there's one called a Rathalos or something.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

After a ton of rolls across 6 JP accounts, I finally managed to snag Edward and Alphonse (on one account somehow). I still have not seen Bradley nor Mustang. I haven't even tried farming for the material needed to evolve Father. :effort:

Now I have no stones for the next event, which will surely be amazing. At least I have a bajillion Armstrongs!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

McDragon posted:

Rathios keeps throwing me off. Just really sounds like a Monster Hunter name. I know there's one called a Rathalos or something.

monhun has rathalos and rathian. I get them mixed up sometimes too

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Puzzles & Dragons: it's the bees nees.

Joker
Aug 6, 2001
Any speculation on what the next godfest will be? I didn’t roll any on the dragonbound rem because I’m still fairly new and really need a strong lead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

next godfest is probably gonna add greco-roman 3, which is good but I think it's more of a sub pantheon? unless you're rolling for yog/kami, in which case I wish you luck. after that will probably be the christmas rem but I wouldn't save stones for that

honestly dragonbound has some solid leads in it along with some of the best subs in the game so you should at least roll once or twice if you have the stones for it. most of them are at least midgame capable and will transition well to a sub slot once you roll something better

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Didn't realize Dec JP crap is them literally giving out the evolution materials for the MP Dragons. Odin Dragons raining from the sky.

Joker
Aug 6, 2001
Well I impulsively took your advice and got Li, enra, and tardis. So pretty good rolls I guess.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Manatee Cannon posted:

next godfest is probably gonna add greco-roman 3, which is good but I think it's more of a sub pantheon? unless you're rolling for yog/kami, in which case I wish you luck. after that will probably be the christmas rem but I wouldn't save stones for that

honestly dragonbound has some solid leads in it along with some of the best subs in the game so you should at least roll once or twice if you have the stones for it. most of them are at least midgame capable and will transition well to a sub slot once you roll something better

Which leads should I be chasing if I roll on this?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Joker posted:

Well I impulsively took your advice and got Li, enra, and tardis. So pretty good rolls I guess.

Enra is basically red Yog, Tardis I hear is also a good lead but I didn't pull them so I can't be sure myself

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

Which leads should I be chasing if I roll on this?

if you're new and don't have much in your box, a lot of things can work well for you. keep in mind that most of the dragonbound won't take you to the endgame

enra, tardis, and nees are all pretty good and can beat most content in the game. shazel is a poverty 7x6 lead for anyone that rolled li and kiri fills a niche that only minerva mirrors. ideal is far and away the best lead in the rem but you're not gonna roll her and you shouldn't try to. if you get lucky then congrats but don't expect much

if you're brand new and haven't even finished the normal dungeons, no. 6 and kulia are alright as beginner leads. they won't take you further than that tho

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 11, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Well I got my Li. How excited should I be if I don't usually Co-op?

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

dwarf74 posted:

Li isn't really meant for coop anyway. Unless you're building with sb's in mind it would take way too long for the inherit to come up in coop.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

dwarf74 posted:

The idea behind Li is more about leader/board setup than co-op. Think of it like this:
* 7x6 boards are, for most purposes, better than smaller ones
* Most non-7x6 leaders have better multipliers, etc. than 7x6 leaders

So you inherit Li on the leader you actually want, then enter a dungeon with your 7x6 leader up front. You stall for a while until Li's active is ready and use it. The board stays 7x6, but now you have a higher-multiplier leader AND a fat board.

You may say "Or I could just spend that time killing everything without stalling." Very true. Li is somewhat of a late-game unit at heart, for very difficult dungeons where that now-I-have-7x6 upgrade can be a winning-or-losing difference.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you're new and don't have much in your box, a lot of things can work well for you. keep in mind that most of the dragonbound won't take you to the endgame

enra, tardis, and nees are all pretty good and can beat most content in the game. shazel is a poverty 7x6 lead for anyone that rolled li and kiri fills a niche that only minerva mirrors. ideal is far and away the best lead in the rem but you're not gonna roll her and you shouldn't try to. if you get lucky then congrats but don't expect much

if you're brand new and haven't even finished the normal dungeons, no. 6 and kulia are alright as beginner leads. they won't take you further than that tho

Rolled once, got a second No. 6. Rage-rolled again and got Nees. I'll have to look up teams for Nees but at least I got something good for my 20 stones :)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

IllegallySober posted:

Rolled once, got a second No. 6. Rage-rolled again and got Nees. I'll have to look up teams for Nees but at least I got something good for my 20 stones :)

I like running Nees/Nees/Gremory/Revo Genbu/Paimon, mainly because I can get over 55k HP with that team :v:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

DaveWoo posted:

I like running Nees/Nees/Gremory/Revo Genbu/Paimon, mainly because I can get over 55k HP with that team :v:

I think I have Genbu! Don't know about the rest, though (and I don't have a second Nees :v: )

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

meimei's pretty much ideal since she makes all 3 colors you need for nees' leader skill

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
you guys finally got alt arena, now get ready to die to bs like this

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperySlickShingleChefFrank

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zo posted:

you guys finally got alt arena, now get ready to die to bs like this

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperySlickShingleChefFrank

this looks so fun!!!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
are super kings tradeable? the list of what I can request seems really arbitrary. I can offer snow globes and kings, but can't request them.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

padijun posted:

are super kings tradeable? the list of what I can request seems really arbitrary. I can offer snow globes and kings, but can't request them.

Yes, they are tradeable, but you need to have had a mon in your box at one point in order to trade for it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kuros posted:

Yes, they are tradeable, but you need to have had a mon in your box at one point in order to trade for it.
And you have to be offering something that's the same number of * (rarity, I mean) as the thing you want to trade for - make sure you didn't miscount maybe?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

DACK FAYDEN posted:

And you have to be offering something that's the same number of * (rarity, I mean) as the thing you want to trade for - make sure you didn't miscount maybe?

yeah that did it. does anyone have a spare super gold king? I got all the 6* evo mats minus angelits and every color of tan except dark. 321,644,228

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

padijun posted:

yeah that did it. does anyone have a spare super gold king? I got all the 6* evo mats minus angelits and every color of tan except dark. 321,644,228

you can't trade with someone until they've been on your friends list for a month iirc

also keep in mind that you can only trade things that sell for less than 100 mp

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

You basically can't trade for anything useful, right? Just common evo mats and skillup fodder?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Ranking is up, and I might as well not bother. Three runs: 75.2%, died, 74.8%.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
those things are very useful especially as a means to balance out RNG if you get poo poo streaks in weekdays / arena

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Infinite Karma posted:

You basically can't trade for anything useful, right? Just common evo mats and skillup fodder?
Also shift around stuff between your main and alt, which is like 95% of my use for it. Particularly +eggs.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Also shift around stuff between your main and alt, which is like 95% of my use for it. Particularly +eggs.

Which is what I do with my JP accounts. I have so much crap, except evo materials (DUB MYTHLIT :argh:) . I should dedicate one alt to collect nothing but them just to streamline things even more.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I got 4.2% first clear of ranking dungeon

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I tried again and got up to 39.4% but other than a Myne drop I have no idea how to improve. Finished with like 100 seconds left, only used skills when absolutely necessary, one-punched almost all the floors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

delfin posted:

one-punched almost all the floors.

this is your problem

you can clear all the trash floors with a 7c that includes dark. trash maid needs two dark matches and a high combo count to one-shot, boss needs either one dark and 10c (9c might work I forgot) or two dark with a slightly relaxed combo requirement

one strat that minimizes active usage (I did this on my 4% run) is to use Z8 right off the bat which will give you a high probability of getting enough dark orbs sweep the first few floors and bust up myne, then if need be use the heartbreaker active on the boss if you don't have enough dark to clinch the kill.

uranus' active is a trap that decreases your odds of getting favorable skyfalls

nohime's is ok but you shouldn't need to use her active at all

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 12, 2017