Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Half the mystery of the show is "what IS Sensei's deal?". In the anime, you can see he's launching particles, but there is storytelling wrapped up in the details. Anime-only viewers are piecing together clues from limited information, and that's fun. This thread has been really good so far about not revealing any of the later manga spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Paperhouse posted:

He looks completely different to the rest of them, is about three times bigger than the rest of them, seems much less genderless (i.e he seems male), has magical explosive laser beam powers. I don't think the gems change physically with age, so if he is one we have to assume he was just born like this which seems super weird to me.

Bigger - Phos is stated to have gotten bigger with the alloy addition, their size is not fixed
Seems male - so do quite a few of the other gems
Laser powers - they aren't, lol

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tbh even as a manga reader i don't know with 100% certainty what they are but the anime sure makes them seem like gem bits

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dogsicle posted:

tbh even as a manga reader i don't know with 100% certainty what they are but the anime sure makes them seem like gem bits

Maybe they're his tears.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:ohdear: don't cry sensei

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Haruko Ichikawa's artbook is available for order on amazon.jp again, if anybody else is interested.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Perfect.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Knorth posted:

:ohdear: don't cry sensei

Not an empty quote.

Perfect in every way.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

My GF will definitely buy that issue for the Free! clearfile, so I get to see the gemmy bits for free. Huzzah!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kitanorth8/status/938756709111152641

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Bort is a cool gem and I to see more of her hair animated

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I like how it’s long hair, rather than short hair, that signifies Bort as a warrior, because all it does is give them another tool to loving murder you with.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/floppy_diskette/status/938826912620625921

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm ready for the bort ep

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
stolen from discord
https://twitter.com/0912x0315/status/939172329933832192

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy am I ready to see some gems get loving killed today.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ten is out on amazon

what in the making GBS threads hell is this? this just never lets up and I'm only halfway through. fuckin moon people

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That fight :asoiaf:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy gently caress, this show.

This animation, the... everything, the loving cliffhanger! aaaa

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Everything in this show is fantastic, flat out the best I have seen in years and possibly my favourite over all.

Phos consulting the jellyfish was great. Diamond weaponizing themselves was amazing too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Truly, her body was made out of swords. :v:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Holy *gently caress* those fights were insanely well done, what unbelievably good choreography, jesus christ

To this day I have never quite gotten over Dia fuckin' Armstronging that Lunarian and I have been waiting for this since the show started, what a good fight

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Spinning and moving cameras is usually the downfall of CG anime series but drat it if this show just shows how well it can be done in the hands of a talented staff.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Bort gives fight lectures.

Dia gives Bort lectures. :3:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
:aaa: Holy poo poo that was amazing.
Bort's not gonna back down. Gonna see some diced Lunarian! :d:

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
This show is extremely good.

Diamond has the power of heart and I am embarrassingly invested in this stuff with her and Bort. Also these fight scenes. :drat:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

a kitten posted:

Holy gently caress, this show.

This animation, the... everything, the loving cliffhanger! aaaa

:tviv: This show is incredible. I had no idea it had fight scene(s) like this in it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

EPISODE GOOD

Did Diamond hit that lunarian with her leg?! :tviv: Also Bort better undump Diamond!!!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
it's kinda neat how the sharp edges of Dia's ruined limbs worked where the swords didn't

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gettin’ all Shadow of the Colossus up in this poo poo.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RottenK posted:

it's kinda neat how the sharp edges of Dia's ruined limbs worked where the swords didn't

Diamond edges are sharp as hell

Oh man, at the end she's lost her drat eyes, which is a pretty hardcore way to end up after a fight even if, in the end it's not much of a problem for the gems

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 10, 2017

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

This needs to happen. Diamond getting brutalised all episode and then shattered has to eventually be balanced by sensei picking up happy shiny rocks, right? :ohdear:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

a kitten posted:

Diamond edges are sharp as hell

Oh man, at the end she's lost her drat eyes, which is a pretty hardcore way to end up after a fight even if, in the end it's not much of a problem for the gems

Did she though? I mean do Gems even sense with their eyes?
[/quote]

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

There Bias Two posted:

Did she though? I mean do Gems even sense with their eyes?

They do, yeah, we had a view through Phos' shattered face back in episode one. So Dia's blind here.

Also, to repeat everyone else, holy heck that was a good episode! I can't wait for next week, that was phenomenal in every way CG normally isn't.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Bort very intimidating

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I binged episodes 1-9 earlier this week and now I have to wait alongside everyone for the new ones. This sucks.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I laughed at the jellyfish consulting part and the part when Alex is about to take a nap and Dia gets chased right by her.

Something about the humor in this show really cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The delivery in the show is perfect, Phos in particular. They actually animated characters around the voice acting, rather than the other way around, which is typical. Good character acting can really, really sell a joke.

It also helps that the source material is really funny, of course.

• Locked thread