Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Xmas gifts, already given because I can't wait:

Bought for my girl as a backhanded way to have more disintegrated meats in my diet. Made some pulled pork and it was wonderful!

Upgrades for her kid's computer:

Gift for myself:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

Is it any good? Where'd you buy?

Sadly, it's not really very good. Their old version, which was a small 8 ounce energy drink cans, was quite refreshing. The stuff certainly makes me sleepy, and $.75 again it's worth it, but at full retail price of three dollars, you're better off just taking some supplements.

I bought it from someplace called New Age Sodas or something like that. I traced back my steps and I found the seller through the company's official website.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Rolo posted:

Yeah it just takes both time and a special case and they really were awesome years ago when I had lovely lenses. Nowadays I’ve been using a brand that doesn’t dry out, scratch, fall apart or make my eyes red and I can just use a normal case. (Bausch and Lombe Ultras are the best of like 10 types I’ve had.)

Since I’ve been using contacts since I was 12 I can definitely say that I’ve messed up and put a lens in before it was good to go and it was so awful. My eyelid clamped shut and hurt too bad to open, and when I finally got it out I couldn’t put my contacts in or blink without searing pain and just stayed home from school.

I've used Clear Care for like a decade after I was getting some allergic reactions to other normal cleaning systems. Screw those people that don't read the instructions, I don't want this to get sued into oblivion and come off market.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

bookkeeper posted:

Flash cart for my DS lite so I can play romhacks.

Which one and where from? My son's R4 finally died and we need a replacement.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The big one for big moneys and the small one for small moneys, obviously.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

The Electronaut posted:

I've used Clear Care for like a decade after I was getting some allergic reactions to other normal cleaning systems. Screw those people that don't read the instructions, I don't want this to get sued into oblivion and come off market.

My wife had that same problem. She used the same contact lens and solution for years and then changed lenses and whatever was different about the new lens, mixed with her solution caused her eyes to get irritated like crazy. She switched to the clear care and some bio something or other and hasn't had problems since.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The 6qt Instant Pot is legit. Made some Japanese curry using big hunks of pork butt (aka pork shoulder) and it came out incredibly tender in just 20 minutes of cooking. You can make the curry roux from scratch but just buy the pre made blocks and it's like 90% as good. Buy the Instant Pot. With 20 minute prep and 20 minute cooking it's enough food to last for 5 days. It has a timer and it's all electronic with sensors so nothing overcooks and the lid is safely locked while it's cooking. No need to sit around and watch. Ingredients like pork shoulder, potatoes, onions, and carrots are dirt cheap.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mu Zeta posted:

The 6qt Instant Pot is legit. Made some Japanese curry using big hunks of pork butt (aka pork shoulder) and it came out incredibly tender in just 20 minutes of cooking. You can make the curry roux from scratch but just buy the pre made blocks and it's like 90% as good. Buy the Instant Pot. With 20 minute prep and 20 minute cooking it's enough food to last for 5 days. It has a timer and it's all electronic with sensors so nothing overcooks and the lid is safely locked while it's cooking. No need to sit around and watch. Ingredients like pork shoulder, potatoes, onions, and carrots are dirt cheap.

Link?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It was one of the Amazon Black Friday deals but it's back to normal price.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-...tant%2Bpot&th=1

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mu Zeta posted:

just 20 minutes of cooking.

Do you mean 20 minutes just at pressure, or 20 mins including pressurization and letting it release?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I hope the marketing person who figured out how to make an electric pressure cooker new and exciting won some kind of award. Same with whomever made a $300 cooler a desired lifestyle accessory.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Subjunctive posted:

Do you mean 20 minutes just at pressure, or 20 mins including pressurization and letting it release?

I do 15 minutes at pressure and then 5-10 minutes of natural release, then I release the valve. If you do more than that the potatoes and carrots turn into mush.

bongwizzard posted:

I hope the marketing person who figured out how to make an electric pressure cooker new and exciting won some kind of award. Same with whomever made a $300 cooler a desired lifestyle accessory.

The Instant Pot is just way easier to use than my regular pressure cooker. And it's cheap.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mu Zeta posted:

I do 15 minutes at pressure and then 5-10 minutes of natural release, then I release the valve. If you do more than that the potatoes and carrots turn into mush.

How long does it take yours to get to high pressure? For me I think it’s like another 10 right there.

And yeah, having one thing that can sauté/steam/pressure cook/slow cook/make rice, and is simple and safe enough that my 10 year old can use it, is great. Apparently I can even make yogurt!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

The Instant Pot is just way easier to use than my regular pressure cooker. And it's cheap.

I know, but they have been around forever, the instant pot is the just the first time they have been aggressively/successfully marketed. Taking an existing product and making it seem awesome and new is like the holy grail of marketing.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

That is something that bugs me about those recipes. "amazing cooked foodstuffs in just 5 minutes!" also it is filled to the max line and will take 20 minutes to come up to temperature and another 20 to bleed off the pressure. Oh and prep time.

I just want a 2-3 kw one, is that so much to ask?

(I would buy ours again having owned it for a year.)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

H110Hawk posted:

I just want a 2-3 kw one, is that so much to ask?

Exactly. I want to have three-phase into my kitchen and risk brownout.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Subjunctive posted:

How long does it take yours to get to high pressure? For me I think it’s like another 10 right there.

I usually "cheat" with mine when it's pressurizing. Wait until there's a steady stream of steam coming out of the stopper, and give the lid a firm push. This will result in the stopper popping up and (9 times out of 10) remaining seated. Cuts about 5 minutes off of the warmup stage.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
1903 Cooperstown cap with the original Yankees logo, made famous in Kids and a bunch of Supreme skate videos from back in the day

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Geoj posted:

I usually "cheat" with mine when it's pressurizing. Wait until there's a steady stream of steam coming out of the stopper, and give the lid a firm push. This will result in the stopper popping up and (9 times out of 10) remaining seated. Cuts about 5 minutes off of the warmup stage.

Push down you mean? I’m going to try this for sure.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Subjunctive posted:

Push down you mean? I’m going to try this for sure.

Yeah, push down on it. Creates a momentary pressure increase that seats the stopper and then the steam takes over.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hopefully it arrives in time for Xmas.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Geoj posted:

Yeah, push down on it. Creates a momentary pressure increase that seats the stopper and then the steam takes over.

This changes everything.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Gonna be the last time I can contribute to the local Toys for Tots Airsoft game in this area before I move, so I’m going all out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Gonna be the last time I can contribute to the local Toys for Tots Airsoft game in this area before I move, so I’m going all out.

Cool :)

Also lol Chubby Puppies.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Not pictured: new apartment, airfare, rental car when I get there.

Time to pack up and move across the country

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I know you TECHNICALLY can live in a storage unit, but come on dude. I’m sure you could find one near you to move into.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

RCarr posted:

I know you TECHNICALLY can live in a storage unit, but come on dude. I’m sure you could find one near you to move into.

That's one in his neighbor's front yard; how much closer can you be?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Finally decided to jump into 3D printing. I haven't modeled anything in about 13 years so I'm curious to see just how bad I am at it. Thankfully there are a ton of cool usable things I can make with it that people have already made models on, so I should still have fun printing other people's stuff while I try to re-learn modeling.

Anycubic i3 Mega Ultrabase

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

TheMadMilkman posted:

Which one and where from? My son's R4 finally died and we need a replacement.

This one, and from here. It hasn't arrived yet (tracking has it held up in Shenzhen at the moment) so I'll let you know. Payment process is a little weird but doesn't expose your card info anywhere, and they reply to emails really fast.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

RCarr posted:

Jokes aside, I considered it. LA is expensive as gently caress :shepspends:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Not my photo, but I bought a new monitor

Made the trek to Microcenter (its not quite an hour and a half drive away) because they had it for $200 cheaper than anyone else. Its pretty.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I bought a dubious windows 10 pro license off of ebay for $5 to install on an older computer that had been running linux so I could install visual studio on it.

(generic windows 10 screenshot)

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Wacky Delly posted:

Not my photo, but I bought a new monitor

Made the trek to Microcenter (its not quite an hour and a half drive away) because they had it for $200 cheaper than anyone else. Its pretty.

Ooo, what did you end up paying for it if I can ask?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Ooo, what did you end up paying for it if I can ask?

$599 plus tax. Its already got me planning a GPU upgrade.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Already have an InstantPot. Matter of fact, i have 2 (meal prep, y’all). My girlfriend wants to know what to get me for Christmas but I have no idea cause I’m bad about buying what I want.

What’s some cool poo poo I should want? I’m a dude.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Nintendo Switch.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

89 posted:

Already have an InstantPot. Matter of fact, i have 2 (meal prep, y’all). My girlfriend wants to know what to get me for Christmas but I have no idea cause I’m bad about buying what I want.

Dinner somewhere special.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
10 Nerds ropes and 30 boxes of Nerds and also, some homemade Nerds vodka. That's what you want.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

89 posted:

Donations to the charities of your choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A new suit.