Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I hate the map. A good map would make traversing and exploring the world in this game so much better

It doesn't even tell you what layer you're on in any given area wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It's the worst map in any game I've ever played to the point where it may as well not be there at all

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

dog nougat posted:

Enjoying the gently caress outta REvelations so far. Haven't touched a RE game since I picked up 5 on a steam sale forever ago, it never clicked with me for whatever reason. This is definitely more my pace I guess, still can't figure out how to consistently dodge enemy attacks though.

Hey, quick favour... Can you or someone else who's very familiar with RE4 give me a basic (or detailed, whatever) comparison of it to the Revelation games? I know and love RE4 from back to front, top to bottom, and would love to know how Revelations (either one) stacks up next to it.

I'm not expecting it to be as good, but how different are they?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Deciding to buy games entirely based on the score they get is stupid but I don't think its wrong to wait for a patch for Xenoblade 2. Its pretty clear the game got rushed out to meet the holidays and would of been better with more polish. I'd really hope they are gonna put out a free patch to fix some of the more glaring issues at some point.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 9, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, quick favour... Can you or someone else who's very familiar with RE4 give me a basic (or detailed, whatever) comparison of it to the Revelation games? I know and love RE4 from back to front, top to bottom, and would love to know how Revelations (either one) stacks up next to it.

I'm not expecting it to be as good, but how different are they?

The revelations game are a good balance between the action style of RE4 and the more classic horror style games. You don't get loaded with ammo for your stronger guns, you have to be careful with the ammo you do get, and unlike in RE4 where a single enemy is not an issue a single enemy in the revelations game can seriously gently caress you up if you are not careful. It also goes from he more wide open arena style encounters of RE4 to a more tight level layout with plenty of corners for some monster to be waiting for you (the first RE revelations takes place on a derelict cruise ship so it's really claustrophobic in a good way)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The game is fun and I enjoy playing it but I agree, the map is such a huge step back from X that I'm not sure what they were thinking or how it got past play testing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

Deciding to buy games entirely based on the score they get is stupid but I don't think its wrong to wait for a patch for Xenoblade 2. Its pretty clear the game got rushed out to meet the holidays and would of been better with more polish. I'd really hope they are gonna put out a free patch to fix some of the more glaring issues at some point.

The team surely intended to force the player to watch all six merc blades level up after each mission ends with no skipping

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The revelations game are a good balance between the action style of RE4 and the more classic horror style games. You don't get loaded with ammo for your stronger guns, you have to be careful with the ammo you do get, and unlike in RE4 where a single enemy is not an issue a single enemy in the revelations game can seriously gently caress you up if you are not careful. It also goes from he more wide open arena style encounters of RE4 to a more tight level layout with plenty of corners for some monster to be waiting for you (the first RE revelations takes place on a derelict cruise ship so it's really claustrophobic in a good way)

Ooh, thanks! Appreciated!

Edit: would it be fair to say that it's like playing REmake, but with RE4 controls and gameplay? Same ammo/item limits?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Uhh in Xenoblade 2 I just realized I can hold the R button and hit X to go right to the Skip Travel screen.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

GreenNight posted:

Uhh in Xenoblade 2 I just realized I can hold the R button and hit X to go right to the Skip Travel screen.

It’s just the X button.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Japanese special edition of Bayonetta 2 comes with a physical copy of Bayonetta 1 instead of the download code.

If the American version does too my love of physical copies might overcome my hatred of special editions.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I doubt xc2 is going to get anything other than content patches or minor patches.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Well they do have that ludicrous season pass (final content 31.12.2018 !?), so in theory they're committed to supporting the game until then.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

triple cuck posted:

It's the worst map in any game I've ever played to the point where it may as well not be there at all

I will second this. I'm so loving fed up with going around in circles wondering how the gently caress to get places

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Edit: would it be fair to say that it's like playing REmake, but with RE4 controls and gameplay? Same ammo/item limits?

Kinda? You'll rarely find yourself without ammo or healing items. It's basically RE4 on a boat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

All I want from the Xenoblade 2 map is the ability to set custom waypoints.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

triple cuck posted:

Yeah it’s truly terrible, which is really weird considering XB1 had a fantastic map system that was easy to navigate and was mapped to a button at all times. Even when the XB1 was hard to navigate the quick jump system across numerous checkpoints worked great.

So far this game seems to have thrown out basic things that made the first so enjoyable. I can’t tell when monsters will aggro based on level (no color guides on levels, no eye or noise icon to confirm what it responds to), drawn out cut scenes with uncomfortable conversation transitions (first one with the chick with blue hair/fire was a laughfest, Rex and Nia deliberating how to distract enemies went on for like four minutes while the guards sat and watched? Come on. Or, how Rex and Pyra just randomly accepted who was seemingly an enemy (Nia) into their party so freely), no loot drops from enemies, terrible quest markers, inability to change outfits, needlessly confusing inventory options, way, WAY too many pointless shops.. the list goes on and I’m only 10 hours in.

Despite all this, I’m pushing through as the soundtrack is perfection and the environments are a joy to explore. I just hope the story picks up and has some WTF moments like XB1 did.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
So I figure this is probably the best place to ask - does anyone in the UK know if GAME are still accepting wii-u consoles and games for trade-in? I figure I have no reason to keep this thing and Monster Hunter World is coming out for the ps4 in the new year and I might as well see if I can get one at a discount (I've checked the website, they still have prices listed for it but its in-store only so I want to double check before lugging it into town).

Relevant to the thread I have a switch and it is very good. BotW is probably my favourite Zelda game to actually play (and Majoras Mask is riding on nostalgia for the top spot anyway).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I doubt xc2 is going to get anything other than content patches or minor patches.

It is going to but they are not reformatting the map, no matter how necessary it is

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ehhh. Sort of. I'd describe revelations as a little bit of everything from resident evil, done on a more modest scale, as the first one was a 3ds game and the second was obviously sort of low budget.

It's got action parts and horror/ explory parts but I'd say it skews towards action more than anything.

Given the info you have given I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that you will like it. The first one is solid imo and the second is really flawed but still has plenty of fun bits. I you only get one of them definitely go for the first. I'll personally probably just grab the collection.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just got a switch for xenoblade 2, regardless of the lack of other games I want atm. Anyone wanna add me?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1viYzgn6OpKLjPAnOornQ9pHjaozpVudHU4lrzUiYgOk/edit#gid=0

No idea how up to date it is but that's the google sheet of friend codes from the OP.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m enjoying titty blades, it’s a thick rpg and I’m grabbing it hard.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I sincerely believe there’s a small tiny cubicle farm in Nintendo HQ where four or so guys are in charge of slowly but surely porting all the big Wii U games to the Switch

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Noticed Amazon isn't offering the usual 20% discount for the Bayonetta 2 preorder. I'm thinking they might be forced to sell at MSRP in order to honor the Bayonetta 1 download code.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mythras va is so much more checked out/worse than pyras their conversations together are really funny

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Mythras va is so much more checked out/worse than pyras their conversations together are really funny

Same va, and they’re fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Same va, and they’re fine.

Yeah Mythra seems fine.

She's Pyra but angrier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Didnt notice.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I will second this. I'm so loving fed up with going around in circles wondering how the gently caress to get places

I spent over an hour trying to find the Greatspine Boundary to get to Umon's shipyard last night. gently caress you, xenoblade map and questing direction pointer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spellman posted:

I don't expect the Wii U will go up in value. It will remain like the Vectrex, kinda cool and affordable forever, despite there only being about 10 million of them kicking about

There's a fixed ratio of gamepads to consoles in the wild. It will not stay favourable.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The points to consider:

- Just because there aren't currently 3rd party wiiu tablets in the wild doesn't mean it'll never happen.
- Even if the above never does happen, Nintendo's still producing/supporting controllers from a...what, 15 year old system? And as far as I know you can plug "new" gamecube controllers into the OG systems still.
- Even if every gamepad in existence is irrevocably destroyed, can't most WiiU games be played in "TV only" mode anyways?

I feel like worrying about WiiU gamepads becoming exponentially more rare/expensive is a really far-off problem. At the very least Nintendo's probably going to be selling them standalone from their backstock of unsold WiiUs for years to come, and I doubt the demand for them is likely to suddenly spike.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The points to consider:

- Just because there aren't currently 3rd party wiiu tablets in the wild doesn't mean it'll never happen.
- Even if the above never does happen, Nintendo's still producing/supporting controllers from a...what, 15 year old system? And as far as I know you can plug "new" gamecube controllers into the OG systems still.
- Even if every gamepad in existence is irrevocably destroyed, can't most WiiU games be played in "TV only" mode anyways?

I feel like worrying about WiiU gamepads becoming exponentially more rare/expensive is a really far-off problem. At the very least Nintendo's probably going to be selling them standalone from their backstock of unsold WiiUs for years to come, and I doubt the demand for them is likely to suddenly spike.

It's not a controller though, it's a streaming tablet device. A gamecube controller's far cheaper to knock out enmasse from assembly to testing than something that has to handshake, stream video and data, and not have dead pixels.

And no, most WiiU games can not be played in TV-only mode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Also you can't access the Wii U system settings without the GamePad.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DoctorWhat posted:

Also you can't access the Wii U system settings without the GamePad.

From the same people who wouldn't let you select gamecube games with the gamecube controller

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

cheetah7071 posted:

From the same people who wouldn't let you select gamecube games with the gamecube controller

but you COULD navigate the wii menu with a classi controller... but in that case you already had a wiimote!!!

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The best case scenario for the Wii U gamepad is for Nintendo to release a Switch app (or system update) that lets it be used as a Wii U gamepad. I don't expect them to do that, but it would be a convenient solution.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ExcessBLarg! posted:

The best case scenario for the Wii U gamepad is for Nintendo to release a Switch app (or system update) that lets it be used as a Wii U gamepad. I don't expect them to do that, but it would be a convenient solution.

On what planet would they ever do that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's an interesting idea, but it's a proprietary wifi setup between the gamepad and console that I really doubt the Switch has the hardware set up to interface with.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Griping about XB2

Yeah, I agree with everything you say.
But it's still miles away more fun than the even-more-user-unfriendly XCX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ExcessBLarg! posted:

A convenient solution that would take a billion years to code I bet.

• Locked thread