Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SteelMentor posted:

The most frustrating episode remains the one with Bill's BBQ sauce.

Why the hell did Hank side with Bill's cousin, it just felt like the writers contriving a way to make Bill a sadsack again by the end of the episode.

Hank didn't side with Bill's cousin. Hank told Bill to sell the sauce anyway despite Gilbert's disapproval but Bill stubbornly refused.

And it was so sad seeing Bill lose Laoma to Astronaut Schmidt :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Both of 'em!!!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Playin' in the gahden

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Has this been posted here yet (worth seeing again if so)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKyaFTeC7c

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Charles Bukowski posted:

Playin' in the gahden

I always loved Bill's sort of ashamed sounding answer to that question.

"Uh... Playin'."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"Gilbert? Now how long you been sittin' there?"

"Thirty-five years."

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Gilbert owns. Also it never occured to me his name is spelled Gilbert. Jhil-berr.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
guillaume fontaine de la tour d'haute rive

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
HHahnkch, Peggie, Dahle....boomhauer

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Gotta admit, my answer to people when they ask me how long I have been somewhere is a world weary: thirty five years

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Milo and POTUS posted:

guillaume fontaine de la tour d'haute rive

Wow I never thought of translating that.

William Fountain of high bank tower.

Weird.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its that time of year again

https://youtu.be/Et3ky01YyqQ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Weird.

its a lot of effort for something thats only remotely explained for like 1 episode imo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

....was there dancin'?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Weird.

'Tour de haute rive' translates to english better as High River Path or High River Pass. 'De la fontaine' in this context is more likely to refer to being from near a spring or font of potable water than a literal fountain.

:goonsay: I'll shut up now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Reince Penis posted:

'Tour de haute rive' translates to english better as High River Path or High River Pass. 'De la fontaine' in this context is more likely to refer to being from near a spring or font of potable water than a literal fountain.

:goonsay: I'll shut up now.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
William Spring from the High River Pass's Tower

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Boomhauer is Dutch for woodcutter.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Testikles posted:

Boomhauer is Dutch for woodcutter.

Huh id have figured pipelayer

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Nooner posted:

Huh id have figured pipelayer

That's just a hobby

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
I've been slowly watching through the series again and season 12 really is full of bad episodes. Trans-Fascism in particular was egregious. It might be the worst example in the series of a writer turning it into a soapbox for conservative viewpoints instead of a more balanced perspective making fun of both sides. The dialog of Khan/Ted and Bill as the liberal strawmen were particularly poorly written, as well.

"Think about it, Hank. If the government isn't deciding what we can and can't eat, who will, huh? Who will?"

Could you be any less subtle?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Big Butt Skinner posted:

I've been slowly watching through the series again and season 12 really is full of bad episodes. Trans-Fascism in particular was egregious.

Do you mean the episode where transfats were banned in Arlen?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think you’re reading a little too into a cartoon show about dumb Texans dawg

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hey guys did you know Hank is basically Hitler

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
He's right though. There was a palpable shift from Hank being the butt of the joke to being the only sane man on earth. Mike Judge skews more right wing and did a promo in Hank's voice for InfoWars

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIlTCJ6CiA

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Testikles posted:

He's right though. There was a palpable shift from Hank being the butt of the joke to being the only sane man on earth. Mike Judge skews more right wing and did a promo in Hank's voice for InfoWars

Dale would be the more obvious Alex Jones listener, though he's actually more of a rense.com guy

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Dale would be the more obvious Alex Jones listener, though he's actually more of a rense.com guy

If he did that it would be saying only paranoid idiots listen to Alex Jones, not sensible Americans

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Great Joe Jack, how's your gambling problem?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Everyone did a transfat ban episode at the same time and they all sucked.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

facebook jihad posted:

To be fair, both Hitler and Hank Hill were heavily invested in gas.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Mike Judge loving sucks when there isn't someone keeping him from telling those drat kids and hippies to get off his lawn

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

????

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

quarter bag?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it doesn't say anything, don't give this hooligan the satisfaction of reading their vandalism

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Mah Word."

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Everyone did a transfat ban episode at the same time and they all sucked.
I liked the American Dad one, if only because any episode with the detective character automatically owns

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I find myself slipping in to this guy's mode of speech often, and it's hard to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

ElGroucho posted:

I find myself slipping in to this guy's mode of speech often, and it's hard to stop.

I finally made it through all pages! Anyway; I loving love this character. I also loved it when Hank freaked out over Bobby becoming a dandy.

The boy ain't right, I tell ya hwhat.

Also, I'm among the demographic that watched this show as a kid in middle school, snickered at the sex talk episode but then tuned it out. As an adult, NOW I adore the subtle humor that I haven't seen anywhere else on an animated or even a live action show.

There was previous talk of Hank having no rear end and if it were a real thing and... yes. It is. I met a girl in my post-jail program and she seriously looked like she only had a pair of flap jacks in her pants.

EDIT: Dale was actually modeled after Robert Patrick and Mike Judge wanted him to be the voice for the character but Patrick declined. Judge kept the look of Patrick for Dale though. I found that amusing since I adore Patrick's acting. :v:

Papa Emeritus III fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 13, 2017