Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

what goes well with a 6-pack of IPA

i've been eating a bag of doritos (nacho cheese obv) but im looking to... experiment

Good grapefruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

enraged_camel posted:

i've been eating a bag of doritos (nacho cheese obv) but im looking to... experiment

Mouthfuls of Skittles. Make your own Skittlebrau.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Han Solo literally has ball-turrets on his spaceship. Princess Leia does medal ceremonies in the style of third-reich propaganda.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I would eat Thai food with an IPA, personally.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BrandorKP posted:

Good grapefruit.

arnt those dogs imbred to hell and back to make them that tiny?

i love that he is just kinda saying vague buzzwords and reading off a bad script and sound bored as gently caress.

TheMadMilkman posted:

They're not the main characters, so it's okay that they're flat. Rogue One is really about the Empire, not the rebels.

agreed but it still sucks that they are flat as hell. krennic is sorta interesting but thats mostly because he is lovely careerist who huffs his own farts and jerks off to MOAB strikes. rogue one basicaly puts some background OOMPH into episode 4.

DaveWoo posted:

As always, the President is focused on the important issues:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/939616077356642304

wasnt it still not full?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

"in one of at least 963 fatal police shootings in 2016"

yet god forbid a single feefee of a white nazi gets hurt.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/AviMayer/status/939620097865519105

From the Swedish article:

quote:

Trump's decision to move the embassy could be motivation

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

boner confessor posted:

logh isn't realistic either but at least they treat the space fighting as a backdrop for the narrative most of the time

i have to admit that trying to conflate silent majority with communism in america is at least a new twist on this lovely gimmick

Why do you think they stayed home then?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

"in one of at least 963 fatal police shootings in 2016"

yet god forbid a single feefee of a white nazi gets hurt.

White fragility is a hell of a thing.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Weigel apologized although in it he makes an interesting observation...

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/939616810684514304

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Why do you think they stayed home then?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

pouring them down the sink

Live At Five! posted:

Oh I'm super loving white. I'm Canadian so I don't tan, even after 14 years in Texas. I'm sure it would have been a different conversation had I been a PoC. I'm fully aware of the advantages I get as a white male in Texas. My guess is he thought he'd find some trump compatriots in Texas without realizing Dallas is pretty liberal for a southern city.

yeah, yeah

yeah

loving trumpets

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well its either nazis or salafists.

Ballz posted:

Weigel apologized although in it he makes an interesting observation...

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/939616810684514304

trump is mad and won't accept it.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

arnt those dogs imbred to hell and back to make them that tiny?

I have no idea, I searched grapefruit and dog.

New Brooks column : The G.O.P. Is Rotting https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/opinion/the-gop-is-rotting.html

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Seeing a lot of speculation on Twitter that Trump is about to fire Mueller. Is there something driving that, or just twitterers twittering?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Petr posted:

Seeing a lot of speculation on Twitter that Trump is about to fire Mueller. Is there something driving that, or just twitterers twittering?

i dont know what it would be based in, trump has probably been itching to fire mueller for months but has been restrained by the warning that this would be the worst thing he could possibly do

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Petr posted:

Saturday night, let's goon this turkey.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

dbukalski posted:

so basically roy moore 2020

Yeah, I figure if it's not him, it'll be someone similar. And we will be saying "At least Trump didn't mean half the fascist poo poo he said and mostly just wanted attention."

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

mdemone posted:

Saturday night, let's goon this turkey.

This is basically my feeling as well.

loving do it you little orange gremlin.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I would ignore user accounts that have several digits in their username, that were made around 2016 and have several thousand bird shits sucking Donnie off, and [insert other signs it's part of a russian troll network here], but w/e.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Koalas March posted:

This is basically my feeling as well.

loving do it you little orange gremlin.

Doing it on a Saturday night seems a bit on the nose for the Nixon speedrun.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yeah, I figure if it's not him, it'll be someone similar. And we will be saying "At least Trump didn't mean half the fascist poo poo he said and mostly just wanted attention."

Do you think you could convince a looney like Moore that god or the devil was really talking to him, like if you hid a speaker in his room and talked in a spooky voice?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

La Brea Carpet posted:

Doing it on a Saturday night seems a bit on the nose for the Nixon speedrun.

What about Trump leads you to believe he even knows the meaning of the word "subtle"? Everything about him is on the nose.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
good news everyone!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/939625114336923648

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Crow Jane posted:

What about Trump leads you to believe he even knows the meaning of the word "subtle"? Everything about him is on the nose.

Subtle as a gaggle of Russian women pissing on a bed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WaPo and CNN keep loving up their hitty stories and just providing even more "fake news" bullshit ammunition, you'd think they'd be more loving careful

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

DLC Inc posted:

WaPo and CNN keep loving up their hitty stories and just providing even more "fake news" bullshit ammunition, you'd think they'd be more loving careful

It doesn't matter how accurate they are, Trumpets will find something to take offense to and pretend that the single minor issue they found is iron-clad evidence of a massive anti-Trump propaganda campaign.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BrandorKP posted:

I have no idea, I searched grapefruit and dog.

New Brooks column : The G.O.P. Is Rotting https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/opinion/the-gop-is-rotting.html

lol. its been rotting since nixon. and the rot started with hoover.

cool. so at least we know the praetorians hate his guts. trump is loving moron for pissing them off.

Petr posted:

who knows. my guess is he will try at some point.

BarbarianElephant posted:

i know this will haunt me. but i dont think moore could win. moore is loving religious fanatic and while Alabama is ok with christian salafist ideals. i dont think the rest of the country.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sorus posted:

It'd be very Legend of Galactic Heroes or Titania (which is pretty much LoGH)

Trump is the orange lovechild of Truniht and that son of the Kaiser from the first season and it's mystifying

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Republicans who may never vote to impeach even if Mueller has Trump dead to rights:

quote:

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), the chairman, echoed Trump’s “tatters” claim and told FBI Director Christopher A. Wray that Mueller’s probe and the Clinton email probe have been tainted by “bias.”

Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) repeatedly charged that the FBI and Mueller have a “shocking” anti-Trump bias.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said he has a “hunch” that “pro-Clinton, anti-Trump bias” at the FBI was behind a secret “warrant to spy on Americans associated with the Trump campaign.”

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) called former FBI director James B. Comey an “egomaniac rogue” and speculated that the FBI paid for the “dossier” on Trump’s activities in Russia.

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) speculated that anti-Trump bias led the FBI to conclude that Russia interfered in the U.S. election, and he threatened Wray: “I think you’re walking into a contempt of Congress.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.6191f74b1bb5

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reminder that part of the reason Comey hedged his bets with the letter was to placate the NY Field office that despised Clinton so much.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I really wonder if this might come back to bite the son of a bitch in the rear end when - or if - there is ever a time he needs the intel community's support. I know this thread loves to beat the "nothing matters" drum, but it seems significant to me that this president has so pissed off the intelligence community.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/939303791987445760?s=17

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Trump is the orange lovechild of Truniht and that son of the Kaiser from the first season and it's mystifying

No, he's that fat noble who dressed in togas that didn't want to pay his taxes and ended up getting stabbed in the back by all his staff.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It won't bite him in the rear end probably because the intelligence community has "protect the republic above all" drilled into them to various degrees, but chances are they'll be (or have been) forced to decide whether helping him at some point by giving him information is more dangerous or less so.

I think there was a article saying something to the effect of keeping a lot more info to themselves because he's liable to just tweet about it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I really wonder if this might come back to bite the son of a bitch in the rear end when - or if - there is ever a time he needs the intel community's support. I know this thread loves to beat the "nothing matters" drum, but it seems significant to me that this president has so pissed off the intelligence community.

trump doesn't care because he probably thinks he is smarter then them.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jesus Christ I'm opposed to the death penalty but I think they should make an exception for officer Brailsford after seeing that video. The man's obviously a menace to the public.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A good time to have the intelligence agencies on your side would be, for instance, when you have the FBI investigating you for maybe treasons

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is terrifying. America has been taken over by a death cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

boner confessor posted:

"realistic" space combat would be so insanely boring and hard to strap a narrative to that we just end up rehashing the pacific war over and over

i agree with you that there's plenty of space for innovation but really it should be all about story and not space jane's nerdery

Children Of A Dead Earth would like to have a word about that.

It would less be space dogfights but a mix of "crossing-the-T" English/French/Spanish armada age warfare, pre-aircraft battleships and submarine combat. Lots of waiting, hoping you made the right decision, followed by frenetic contact. In CoaDE, you're spending weeks and days getting to open up a window of minutes and seconds.

• Locked thread