Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It'll be like that experiment where they hooked a rat's sexual pleasure center up to a button, and the rat pressed it over and over and over until it died of dehydration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Zodiac, The Social Network and Gone Girl are so drat good that I totally forget Fincher's worst movies are wedged in between them.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LesterGroans posted:

Zodiac, The Social Network and Gone Girl are so drat good that I totally forget Fincher's worst movies are wedged in between them.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is just fine.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

DC Murderverse posted:

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is just fine.

Oh, for sure. Which makes it Fincher's second-worst movie.

The Game and Panic Room are solid thrillers and Alien 3 rules.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/939404253315125249

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You can never convince me that Joey hasn't done some poo poo. He seems like a scumbag to me.

Joey is def a pedo. If his first thought when hearing a police siren is "she told me she was 18!!" Joke or not then uh...yeah.

Anyway The Disaster Artist is loving beautiful.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LesterGroans posted:

Oh, for sure. Which makes it Fincher's second-worst movie.

The Game and Panic Room are solid thrillers and Alien 3 rules.

The Game never loving stops, it's constant paranoia and tension, it's loving awesome.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Joey is def a pedo. If his first thought when hearing a police siren is "she told me she was 18!!" Joke or not then uh...yeah.

He just seems explosively temperamental. I bet he has restraining orders and poo poo out on him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i didn't realize "walking around abandoned buildings" was a youtube genre, that sounds like extremely my poo poo (i loved Abandoned Grain Elevator)

i could probably make 2 dozen videos like that while i'm home for the month, tons of burned out churches and factories around here. should i?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I once got the idea of making a series of Urbex videos. Just low-key videos of someone exploring interesting abandoned buildings with no spooky music or gimmicks. Then in the last video things would start to get crazy. Furniture moving around with entire rooms rearranging themselves, footsteps, things going bump and a few glimpses of a vaguely human shape in the shadows

Haven't gotten around to it yet
Probably never will, they're tearing down basically all the cool abandoned houses to build more hotels.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The Game never loving stops, it's constant paranoia and tension, it's loving awesome.

The Game sucks.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

FreudianSlippers posted:

Haven't gotten around to it yet
Probably never will, they're tearing down basically all the cool abandoned houses to build more hotels.

Just wait for years for when all the hotels get abandoned

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
man, that video of those arizona cops terrorizing a dude until he made a mistake so that they could legally shoot him dead is just loving infuriating

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Snak posted:

The Game sucks.

Well you know what, it doesn’t matter, because whether you hate it or love it, the underdog’s on top.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

man, that video of those arizona cops terrorizing a dude until he made a mistake so that they could legally shoot him dead is just loving infuriating

I was going to ask but your post tells me enough. I'm sure they won't get charged let alone convicted.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

They actually went to trial but the jury found him not guilty because this country loves police violence!!!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah this happened in jan 2016 and we're pretty much just now finding out about it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The cops who lied to protect Van Dyke for the murder of Laquan McDonald have all been cleared, and the other day Van Dyke's lawyer compared his client to black sharecroppers lynched by angry white mobs over the murder of a plantation owner.

I love this country.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yeah this happened in jan 2016 and we're pretty much just now finding out about it

Did you see the photo of him with his tats and how all the articles about him cropped out the tats? Lol

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ruddiger posted:

The cops who lied to protect Van Dyke for the murder of Laquan McDonald have all been cleared, and the other day Van Dyke's lawyer compared his client to black sharecroppers lynched by angry white mobs over the murder of a plantation owner.

I love this country.

https://youtu.be/Wv__27TW6Lo

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

The movie we need right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rD1OzJVoWY

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched The Hill the other day and it might be the best depiction of cop-ism ever put on film. It's a good movie in its own right -- great cinematography, loaded cast (including a Bond-era Sean Connery) -- but it features nearly perfect illustration of a cop, with all the personality defects that police-supporting cowards mistake for positive traits, having his bad behavior supported by a thoroughly disfunctional system.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
So I haven't given up on my new designs for classic(?) DC characters project but I'm still stuck at number one with a bullet, Black Lightning. I've been trying and aborting different build and costume ideas for days. It's frustrating.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

So I haven't given up on my new designs for classic(?) DC characters project but I'm still stuck at number one with a bullet, Black Lightning. I've been trying and aborting different build and costume ideas for days. It's frustrating.

What are your thoughts on the TV costume? Looks a little bulky, like he's wearing an exoskeleton.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What are your thoughts on the TV costume? Looks a little bulky, like he's wearing an exoskeleton.

I like it. Making him more of a heavily padded bruiser makes sense since like, you're not gonna be able to make really slick looking martial arts on a CW show so he'll need to plausibly be able to take a chair across the back of the shoulders in a bar brawl or whatever? Also I appreciate the two big vertical bolts down the front referencing his original "track jacket" -

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Something to look forward to pretty soon: I just recorded a half-hour interview for Vargo's podcast about my experiences with coming out as a trans woman in a mostly progressive workplace. I'll link it here when the episode comes out, and I hope it all brings you woke-assed joy in the holiday season

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ho Ho Ho Merry Wokemas!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I made it through the first 48 minutes of mother! this morning. it felt like 3 hours. i don't know if i love or hate this movie yet.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

precision posted:

I made it through the first 48 minutes of mother! this morning. it felt like 3 hours. i don't know if i love or hate this movie yet.

It was an amazing theater experience, although more for watching the audience and noting exactly what made each clump of people decide it was time to walk out. :laugh:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It was an amazing theater experience, although more for watching the audience and noting exactly what made each clump of people decide it was time to walk out. :laugh:

yeah i could see that for sure

i went into it wanting to like it, honestly i just don't think J-Law was up to holding the film together, but we'll see how the second hour goes.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Definitely one of the top movies of the year for me, like Pinter, Ianesco, and Kharms all got together in a dank bathroom to do amphetamines. The sense of having your personal space infringed upon is so potent in the first half, it's kind of unbelievable how it's turned up into daffy spectacle in the second half (it'd make a great double feature with Zazie dans le metro). If it doesn't work for you, too bad, but I think it's a masterpiece.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/938616822009495552

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

"Ever since I was a boy, I always wanted to be a filmmaker"

Jenny Angel posted:

Something to look forward to pretty soon: I just recorded a half-hour interview for Vargo's podcast about my experiences with coming out as a trans woman in a mostly progressive workplace. I'll link it here when the episode comes out, and I hope it all brings you woke-assed joy in the holiday season

Eager to check that out. Better to be woke than broke.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

"Ever since I was a boy, I always wanted to be a filmmaker"

https://twitter.com/mattzollerseitz/status/939187312445001728

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Definitely one of the top movies of the year for me, like Pinter, Ianesco, and Kharms all got together in a dank bathroom to do amphetamines. The sense of having your personal space infringed upon is so potent in the first half, it's kind of unbelievable how it's turned up into daffy spectacle in the second half (it'd make a great double feature with Zazie dans le metro). If it doesn't work for you, too bad, but I think it's a masterpiece.

I'm so glad someone else gets it. It's maybe the closest I've ever seen someone modern come to making a true Bunuel film.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Anyone here ever done any power mapping?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Anyone here ever done any power mapping?

I've done power napping; does that count?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

TrixRabbi posted:

I'm so glad someone else gets it. It's maybe the closest I've ever seen someone modern come to making a true Bunuel film.

I didn't know a tremendous amount about it, so once I understood that the traumatic loss of agency was the theme, I was utterly onboard. The dream logic in the second half is so brutally on point, I kind of can't believe it's a real movie - the bit where she goes upstairs and suddenly there's a massive line for the bathroom is one of the most perfect moments I've ever seen in a film, it's just splendid. I'm sad I didn't know I could see a movie twice with Moviepass because I would have gone again and again, even if it did make me feel borderline suicidal the first time I saw it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It'll be like that experiment where they hooked a rat's sexual pleasure center up to a button, and the rat pressed it over and over and over until it died of dehydration.

https://twitter.com/Fr1sbee/status/939009345315995648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I didn't know a tremendous amount about it, so once I understood that the traumatic loss of agency was the theme, I was utterly onboard. The dream logic in the second half is so brutally on point, I kind of can't believe it's a real movie - the bit where she goes upstairs and suddenly there's a massive line for the bathroom is one of the most perfect moments I've ever seen in a film, it's just splendid. I'm sad I didn't know I could see a movie twice with Moviepass because I would have gone again and again, even if it did make me feel borderline suicidal the first time I saw it.

In 10 years there will be articles asking why this movie wasn't universally acknowledged as a masterpiece when it came out.

• Locked thread