Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Begemot posted:

You could totally have the same backstory, just have it happening now. That would make the villain of this arc AIM, and I definitely want to see NSM's version of the beekeeper suits.

yea let's go with this just because Newspaper AIM would rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

NSM Modok :vince:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let's be real, here. this world does not deserve a nsm story with aim, modok, and man thing.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Modok Jonah.

"I want pictures of Spider-Man! And a torso."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mind the walrus posted:

So what's the take on who this guy is? None of the usual suspects come to mind and considering NSM just pulled out motherfucking Tyrannus and Kala it's safe to say that deep cuts are allowed.

Mark Trail

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

mind the walrus posted:

So what's the take on who this guy is? None of the usual suspects come to mind and considering NSM just pulled out motherfucking Tyrannus and Kala it's safe to say that deep cuts are allowed.

It's Kraven's son. They're doing an NSM take on one of those storylines.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think it's the Zaniac.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 9, 2017

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
It's Clown-9 in disguise!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope we never find out who this guy is. He's always shown in silhouette or turned away or with his face cut off, and none of the other characters ever actually interact with him or are just unconscious when he is around.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Modok Jonah.

"I want pictures of Spider-Man! And a torso."

Modok has a torso, he just looks like a giant head because of his hoverthrone that he needs to support his enormous head, which his normal sized body can't do.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's the friendly ghost of Steve Irwin.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jerusalem posted:

I hope we never find out who this guy is. He's always shown in silhouette or turned away or with his face cut off, and none of the other characters ever actually interact with him or are just unconscious when he is around.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Lurdiak posted:

Modok has a torso, he just looks like a giant head because of his hoverthrone that he needs to support his enormous head, which his normal sized body can't do.

I always thought his limbs were part of the chair

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

I always thought his limbs were part of the chair

It's supposed to be a support structure for the head which also doubles as armor for the body. His body is so warped from the head GAINZ, it really doesn't seem matter where they place his vestigial arms and legs.

Here's Dinklage MODOK from when nerds were hoping he would be cast as such in the MCU in whatever movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rainn Wilson is the clear choice

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

It's probably going to have to be someone with powers because Pete is his usual clueless self and Connors is too busy looking for the ingredient to his special sauce.

Gonna have to be someone pretty strong too to take on a croc.. oh no not Bruce Banner again? The guy seems to be drawn wimpy..

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Is Bruce Banner's hair really that terrible?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MissEchelon posted:

Yes, depending on how homeless he feels today. Looks like a different terrible than the current mystery guy, though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MissEchelon posted:

The Hulk has had some awful hairdos over the years

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

How does he even do that? Like himself? Or does he just get up-sized Bruce Banner hair? Like if Bruce wants to gently caress with him does he get an emo fringe before transforming? So many questions here

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I like how his green bald head is visible through the hair in the last panel.

EDIT: Actually in every panel

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

In basically any other story I'd be thinking "there's no way", but it's Newspaper Spider-Man. Literally anything could happen.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Who do we know that says goofy poo poo like Holy Hannah on the reg?...

Ben Grimm, is that you?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That would be the laziest way to deal with the mystery man. Which means he's going to be eaten by gators.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Literally anything could happen.

my guess: a hand is gonna extend out of the gator's mouth holding a revolver with which it shoots the mystery man

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat it. More with the "throbbing" spider sense. I swear to loving god.

IT'S TINGLE. THE SPIDER SENSE "TINGLES"

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

In basically any other story I'd be thinking "there's no way", but it's Newspaper Spider-Man. Literally anything could happen.

Noooo I hate him with the visible mouth in his spider-sense face

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

techknight posted:

Noooo I hate him with the visible mouth in his spider-sense face

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, werewolf by night. that brings jonah into it, too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

aaaa this mystery is killing me here! :f5:

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
there's just so many possibilities :staredog:

We had a GotG storyline a while ago that was ages overdue. Maybe this is another movie that's been out for a while. Do any Marvel movies fit that bill?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a normal looking dude with torn clothing living in the middle of nowhere as a hermit, while jjj (his father) is nearby. plus, it's already an animal transformation themed story since connors is there. the mystery is solved.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
He'll never be named until JJJ puts out tomorrow's headline: FLORIDA MAN SAVES STAR ACTRESS FROM PYTHON AND POSSIBLY ALLIGATOR.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ah, werewolf by night. that brings jonah into it, too.

Werewolf By Night is a different character than John Jameson, aka Man-Wolf aka Stargod.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love Curt being all,"Welp everything is obviously fine let's go back to my methscience lab and get back to work!"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

God help me I'm invested in finding out who this dude with the ever-changing but mostly terrible hair is

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"Don't worry, you're safe noHOLY poo poo A GATOR WE'RE hosed"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look, guys, all I'm saying is the Zaniac looks like this:

And has a thing for knives.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

GRONNKK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Peter look! A one armed man... just like me!

• Locked thread