Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/F1PaddockPass/status/939109623285649409

So apparently the fight of women in motorsport is to try not-very-hard, fail miserably, then give up and say men are just better?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It sure seems like a dumb and very bad decision

Jalop covered it well: https://jalopnik.com/international-motorsports-council-picks-worst-woman-pos-1821125721

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont care about any of that, when the pre season test start?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

GramCracker posted:

Real talk how the gently caress are you both retired at those ages

When you take into account how much tax money we're going to save after Brexit, I think me and the rest of the British posters will be able to retire within the next 5 years

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

When you take into account how much tax money we're going to save after Brexit, I think me and the rest of the British posters will be able to retire within the next 5 years

You're going to have to spend most of that money fighting for water and oil in the desolate wastes, though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The future is Jeff Bezos drone army vs Tencent AI none of us will matter anway

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Norns posted:

The future is Jeff Bezos drone army vs Tencent AI none of us will matter anway

Robo (arms) race gonna be cool as hell

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Facebook couldn't figure out how a room of 30 Russians hijacked their entire platform and turned it into a propaganda machine, AIs and machine learning is rear end lmbo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Facebook couldn't figure out how a room of 30 Russians hijacked their entire platform and turned it into a propaganda machine, AIs and machine learning is rear end lmbo.

Yup.

Algorithms are very easily exploitable once you figure it out. Any public AI experiment ends up with this no matter what.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

AI and machine learning is cool as heck. Facebook sucking dick at everything they do doesn't take away from that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah I like to laugh in the face of inevitable death as well

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Yeah I like to laugh in the face of inevitable death as well

All the major tech companies have really dumb gimmicks that I wouldn't even call AIs that can barely do anything actually useful. Companies like to oversell this poo poo cause it makes investors think they've got a good stock. There's some Y2K levels of hysteria over some major yet unproven forthcoming breakthrough in these technologies that will never materialise.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

1500quidporsche posted:

All the major tech companies have really dumb gimmicks that I wouldn't even call AIs that can barely do anything actually useful. Companies like to oversell this poo poo cause it makes investors think they've got a good stock. There's some Y2K levels of hysteria over some major yet unproven forthcoming breakthrough in these technologies that will never materialise.

But the blockchain is the future, man

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Every time I log into Amazon I’m confronted with an array of products I may be interested in, 90% of which I’ve already bought and aren’t things people typically purchase twice. Amazon is not going to take over the world.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

searches for headphones once as a gift for someone on iPhone X

sees nothing but headphones recommended for next 3 years

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You bought an Agatha Christie novel! Would you like to buy every single other Agatha Christie novel?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Turn on first party isolation if you use firefox. Should nuke that.

You'll have to log into everything again so you might as well delete all your cookies while you're at it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Turn on first party isolation if you use firefox. Should nuke that.

You'll have to log into everything again so you might as well delete all your cookies while you're at it.

The only time I see ads now is watching YouTube on Chromecast and it's just for more loving Google products lmbo. Pretty sure they just want me to buy into their ecosystem so they can datamine me and actually throw real ads at me.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

They're far too busy trying to increase the click rate of ads by 0.1% to worry about silly stuff that won't make them any money.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gret posted:

They're far too busy trying to increase the click rate of ads by 0.1% to worry about silly stuff that won't make them any money.

CTR’s make me lol. I work as a digital media strategist and seeing people get excited about a 0.07% CTR just makes me facepalm.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

CTR’s make me lol. I work as a digital media strategist and seeing people get excited about a 0.07% CTR just makes me facepalm.

Does google even give out their CTRs anymore? I would've thought they're in such a dominate position they could just say "take it or leave it" without demonstrating any real value.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

NtotheTC posted:

https://twitter.com/F1PaddockPass/status/939109623285649409

So apparently the fight of women in motorsport is to try not-very-hard, fail miserably, then give up and say men are just better?

Literally every non-garbagewoman racer has been getting angry at that one.

Also Pippa Mann.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
She's not wrong tbh.

You think Newey's gonna redesign a cockpit for a woman's hips? You ever seen how slender the current batch of soyboys are?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

nsaP posted:

She's not wrong tbh.

You think Newey's gonna redesign a cockpit for a woman's hips? You ever seen how slender the current batch of soyboys are?

Is a soyboy like a cuck? I’m not up on my terminology here.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

gently caress Seattle. Eat a big goddamn dick with your lovely loving football you bastards.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ilmucche posted:

gently caress Seattle. Eat a big goddamn dick with your lovely loving football you bastards.

Nice meltdown.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

Lol.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
U mad bitch. Bwahahaha.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
lol, just lol if you watch and care about ballsports

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

How do you feel about ball play?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'd play with Claire Williams' balls, if you know what I mean fellas

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Classic

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Show balls and vagine force India

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McLaren named their new supercar "Senna"

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-mclaren-senna-hypercar-official-photos-and-info-news

After Bruno, no doubt.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

How dare they try and take credit for killing him. That was one of the best things Williams ever did after Nigel and Damon's WDCs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You bought an Agatha Christie novel! Would you like to buy every single other Agatha Christie novel?

Yes but...* don’t ever read the last tommy and tuppence novel or the last few Hercule Poirot and miss Marple novels, watch the TV shows instead. In the books she slowly ages them, and at the end coupled with her dementia writing it’s cripplingly depressing. No one, apart from Christie as it turns out, wants to see miss Marple alone in the dark and frightened that she might have broken her hips after a fall.

If you want the Marple you see on TV then what you want are the Miss Silver Novels. https://www.goodreads.com/series/43096-miss-silver If you want a really cool American Miss Marple meets James Bond series then read Mrs Polifax. https://www.goodreads.com/series/51239-mrs-pollifax

*I’ve legit read hundreds of golden age novels.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
cool, thanks OP

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
the avvvvvvvvvvvsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was pretty drunk and happy Toronto beat Seattle at soccer. The NFL is bad, and may as well become rollerball with all the injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Was pretty drunk and happy Toronto beat Seattle at soccer. The NFL is bad, and may as well become rollerball with all the injuries.

Seattle sucked rear end yesterday, they never threatened. Congrats buddy.

• Locked thread