Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, this argument has always also kind of avoided the fact that players will know from the beginning that lifestealer was picked and when poo poo is in motion it's pretty simple to tell it's some fuckin gross weirdo on all fours instead of a bug

the aesthetic in dota loving sucks nowadays and they just throw whatever garbage in but let's not pretend people have the memory of a goddamn goldfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Amaterasu - UNRELEASED - Pre-Order Bonus if you buy Okami HD on Steam.
Contains Amaterasu courier. Unlocks on December 12th. | Which is also the release date of Okami HD. | Workshop

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Ho-lee heck. I just had a super fun long game as Lion, where I was able to get to level 25 and get Aghanim's Scepter, and I opted for the AoE Hex talent. That is a super fun combo in team fights. Very high double and triple kill potential.

You see, first you turn them into chickens. And then you fry the chickens.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean, this argument has always also kind of avoided the fact that players will know from the beginning that lifestealer was picked and when poo poo is in motion it's pretty simple to tell it's some fuckin gross weirdo on all fours instead of a bug

the aesthetic in dota loving sucks nowadays and they just throw whatever garbage in but let's not pretend people have the memory of a goddamn goldfish

Tbf it's less "oh no I thought my lane enemy was Sand King" and more that when he pops out of the fog and you see him for a second you could make the wrong call on what to do when you see the yellow glow and stinger tail. Mobas are all about reaction times, after all.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

naix is a puppy, an adorable meat puppy, and that cosmetic gives him a waggly tail...

the golden version is excessive, but i like the regular one for waggly tail

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

naix is a puppy, an adorable meat puppy, and that cosmetic gives him a waggly tail...

the golden version is excessive, but i like the regular one for waggly tail

did you preorder your puppy courier?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

oh wait is that really a naix item? when someone said it was at first i thought it was a joke

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radical posted:

oh wait is that really a naix item? when someone said it was at first i thought it was a joke

yeah thats really naix

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

the immortal, the golden version, and the golden version rage

like, it's kind of gaudy and obnoxious, and I can totally get not being down with it because of that, but watching it in motion, there's really not any confusion... if you're concerned about your 10k brain hesitating because you're not sure if it's a crixalis burrowstriking or w/e then im guessing you probably don't play enough for it to be an issue...

also, puppy tail owns

also, also yes, i preordered okami because its one of my favorite games and a dota 2 okami courier is Extremely My Brand

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah it seems a lot more identifiable in that photo compared to the one on the previous page

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I'd make fun of that lowass reso pic he took but I was playing even lower than that for all my dota 2 lyfe until 5 or 6 months. For all it's bugs and beta jokes, Dota is optimized pretty well.

turboraton fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 9, 2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
are we going to ,ake this a reddit thread now where we post low res images of cosmetics and write glance value a lot? lol at 'might mistake for an sk coming out of fog'

e: pangolier is the best thing to happen to the game dota 2

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

I play way more 10v10 than normal dota nowadays so I actually need to be able to tell heroes at a glance since the fights are total loving messes even without cosmetic particle bullshit. So the last thing I want is to see a purple guy I think is Shadow Demon casting purple wave aoes and it actually turns out to be an Invoker in the purple set, especially when there's probably a Shadow Demon in the game anyway.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Ah yes, the highly competitive 10v10 mode

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Grakkus posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Im reinstalling dota wish me luck

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Reality Winner posted:

Im reinstalling dota wish me luck

no.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Grakkus posted:

people try harder in 10v10 than any other mode im p sure

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
10v10 is a pretty fun clusterfuck, also yeah outside of russian meme games it has the highest number of group queuers.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Birzha Memov is so good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

a witch posted:

Birzha Memov is so good.

my fave part was when the dev added John Cena, but he had a bug where his 2000 damage body slam didn't actually have a cooldown, and the dev had gone on vacation before it was discovered so

he's still fun for the ability to pick someone up and slowly walk to your fountain at 50 MS though.

Shame about the constantly deluge of anime characters he keeps adding with ridiculous boring carry builds though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Im regretting this already

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Dota sucks I cant even luck my way in to a win anymore. i just want to finish my all hero challenge.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

s I cant even luck my way in to a win anymore. i just want to finish my all hero challenge.

get good

this is not news.

Chucat posted:

I play way more 10v10 than normal dota nowadays so I actually need to be able to tell heroes at a glance since the fights are total loving messes even without cosmetic particle bullshit. So the last thing I want is to see a purple guy I think is Shadow Demon casting purple wave aoes and it actually turns out to be an Invoker in the purple set, especially when there's probably a Shadow Demon in the game anyway.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/dota2_gamepedia/9/9f/Dark_Artistry_Deafening_Blast.webm

If you've seen both of these things before, and can't tell them apart, you may, in fact, be retarded.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 10, 2017

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Chinese players are the new Peruvians, I swear. Except they're even more infuriating because they're just like completely unflappable 99% of the time. At least Peruvians understand when they're being flamed and flame back.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Maybe the real racist cabal was the posts we made along the way

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Death Bot posted:

Maybe the real racist cabal was the posts we made along the way

Let's be real, you guys have been always blaming us for your mmr. JPJ just went the extra mile.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
tinker blinks into melee with a ck

5 k m m r

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Cuntellectual posted:

tinker blinks into melee with a ck

5 k m m r

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I was the chaos knight so I wasn't complaining or anything. :v:

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Cuntellectual posted:

get good

this is not news.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/dota2_gamepedia/9/9f/Dark_Artistry_Deafening_Blast.webm

If you've seen both of these things before, and can't tell them apart, you may, in fact, be retarded.

Why would I think "Oh yeah Deafening Blast is now purple because of cosmetics" instead of "Oh it's Shadow Demon?"

Why should I HAVE to think that about anything in this game?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Anyone who thinks that cosmetics are what makes this game hard or make the game any harder than it already is are deluding themselves.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Games > Dota 2: No, -you're- mentally ill!

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
ya turbo owns i love choosing between losing a teamfight and losing six towers to furion or winning a teamfight and losing four towers to furion lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Dark day for Dota when chucat is dissing it. Dota is league, league is dota (demigod is vainglory)

Craig K posted:

ya turbo owns i love choosing between losing a teamfight and losing six towers to furion or winning a teamfight and losing four towers to furion lol

He's just doing what he would have done to you anyways in a fourth of the time, think of it as the hyperbolic time chamber of getting good at dota

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
*sotto voce* chucat is right

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Every moba does this and every moba is harder to read in the middle of a teamfight because of this. gently caress HoN and LoL's skins.

Dota used to be better about it, heroes always had their default portraits and their shape was always the same and easy to read, and their skill effects never changed. And it was better for it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The vast majority of my dota playing is custom modes where you can mix and match skills, so I cringe when I see a new arcana with new effects and icons

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Craig K posted:

*In extremely woke voice* Omniknight with Aghs/Refresher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Chucat posted:

*In extremely woke voice* Omniknight with Aghs/Refresher.

you're behind the times chucat the new answer is lich's level 25 ice armor talent