Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

The L20 swipe upgrade will give you 2 extra charges when you select it so make sure to take it only once your heroic goes on cd for maximum effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Erdricks posted:

Arm build is a trap. Go targeted excision and learn to q w d. As long as you can hit your skillshot, the healing is absurd. Save your e for interrupts.

This is the dumbest loving thing I repeatedly read on this thread.

Cuatal posted:

Any Stukov bros wanna give me the over under on him and talent builds since the support nerfs? I've been trying to learn some more supports lately for the upcoming MMR changes and I might buy him since I have plenty of gold anyway.

In exchange I got Li Li tips :liliinlove:

Start with this and pick the 10 and 20 that fits the game.
https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/stukov#26.0!312.33.

I'm Diamond and Stukov is my most played character this season.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Stukov has maybe five talents in his whole tree that you should never take, the rest are defensible and worth trying at least once or twice in a QM.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Always pick Massive Shove just because launching a dude halfway across the map will never not be fun.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

Stukov has maybe five talents in his whole tree that you should never take, the rest are defensible and worth trying at least once or twice in a QM.

I think something we can all agree on is that Universal Carrier is a trap, and Pox Populi is really good.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Libertine posted:

This is the dumbest loving thing I repeatedly read on this thread.

Start with this and pick the 10 and 20 that fits the game.
https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/stukov#26.0!312.33.

I'm Diamond and Stukov is my most played character this season.

Grats on getting carried to Diamond, I guess?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Grats on getting carried to Diamond, I guess?

The build I posted is his highest win rate build in Master/Diamond and in general across all ranks.

Also anecdotally the build I have had the most success with as a highly ranked Stukov main.

Great post though dipshit.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I should just get drunk this weekend and play my 10 games and see what happens

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Libertine posted:

The build I posted is his highest win rate build in Master/Diamond and in general across all ranks.

Also anecdotally the build I have had the most success with as a highly ranked Stukov main.

If you look at hotdogs and scroll down to the bottom for winrates, arm build is more popular; but when you look at the individual talents you can see people go Weighted Pustule build and actually have high winrates with those talents. I think arm build is much better in teamfights but weighted pustule does have value when you're looking for a roaming ganker and don't have something like uther or malfurion for disable.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'm so proud of myself, I climbed to Plat 5 before the end of the season after getting placed Gold 3 and having a bunch of games where I'd win streak and then lose streak.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

Stukov:
level 1 - Growing Infestation (or Fetid Touch)
level 4 - One Good Spread is always a good choice, but if you think the game will go long you can take Vigorous Uptake (it's a quest talent)
level 7 - Within My Reach (Lurking Arm range) is the popular choice, but the cool kids pick Targeted Excision (trait cooldown = more healing)
level 10 - choice between the two Heroics can be dependent on the map and what heroes are on the other team, both are good
level 13 - Lingering Spines is the most popular one, but all level 14 talents are a bit iffy compared to talents all other levels
level 16 - Pox Populi, no doubt. Universal Carrier is a trap
level 20 - free choice

Yeah this. Unless it's a map where Growing Infestation can block a whole entrance to some objective and they have a load of melee dudes that have to walk around. And no chromies or kts to really own you while you're just sitting there rooting yourself.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

I think something we can all agree on is that Universal Carrier is a trap, and Pox Populi is really good.

I actually don't 100% agree, sorry. Now, I think in the vast majority of cases Pox Populi is better and if you're going to make a default pick on that tier that should be it. If you're just learning and practicing Stukov, for sure. Every now and then though, I have found good use situations for Universal Carrier where indefinite lower regen against things like sustained poke comps and the like has paid off. Overall weaker sure, but not a complete and absolute trap.

Edit: Also the situations where Universal is good and Pox would not ALSO be just fine are pretty drat rare in my experience.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 9, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Libertine posted:

Hey, bud. Thanks for posting in the Heroes of the Storm thread! Maybe try next time to not post like such an rear end in a top hat.

Yours truly,
Bogart

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bogart posted:

Hey, bud. Thanks for posting in the Heroes of the Storm thread! Maybe try next time to not post like such an rear end in a top hat.

Yours truly,
Bogart
Why don't you quote the guy who told Libertine he was carried to diamond? How is that not more offensive?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

No Wave posted:

Why don't you quote the guy who told Libertine he was carried to diamond? How is that not more offensive?

I just assume all goons are carried to diamond :v:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macaluso posted:

I just assume all goons are carried to diamond :v:

I carried jimbo, so this is factually accurate.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Toshimo posted:

I carried jimbo, so this is factually accurate.

I wouldn't trust you to carry groceries into your cardboard box behind Arby's.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So this Ragnos in qm overextends like crazy, so i'm popping off healing shots with Ana trying to save him. He's on a tinnnyyyy sliver as I hit q, but dies just as the shot hits him.

Then I get a load of gently caress you human being ana loving chode poo poo etc....

So made sure to miss whenever he was on low health so he died a whole lot. Petty but everyone was knocking him for all his deaths so worth it.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Report ana

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0QjnaRrIs

nyahahahah!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Newbie report, day...eight? Account level is 44 or something now. Pulled Ana, Arthas, and ETC from loot chests in the last two days. I haven't tried Ana or Arthas yet, but I have been enjoying ETC. Mosh pit seems like it can really result in some big late-game plays.

I've also leveled Anuberak, Greymane, and Lunara to 5. I like greymane and lunara, but so far I like dehaka/etc/muradin more than I do anuberak. Lunara seems pretty good at dealing with annoying as poo poo tracers, who otherwise seem to be running rampant wrecking teams.

Sitting at exactly 10,000 gold now. Trying to decide who to spend it on. I might just get Dehaka, since he pretty much the reason why I downloaded the game. I haven't actually unlocked any heroes other than the five I've gotten out of boxes so far. Been hoarding the gold to get to 10k.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How rare is it to pull heroes from loot boxes? I dont often reroll so I usually just get a rare skin of someone I dont have yet.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

I played a few AI games as Lost Vikings just for the “haha what if I played the joke character!” factor

Never again

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Charles Bukowski posted:

How rare is it to pull heroes from loot boxes? I dont often reroll so I usually just get a rare skin of someone I dont have yet.
They have the same rarities as other items, so you'll probably get all of the blues sooner or later, but purples and oranges are very rare.

If your goal is to unlock heroes as quickly as possible it's definitely best to save your gold to buy them directly, and save your gems until an expensive one you want goes on the weekly sale.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

i like rag's ult being depicted as a piano

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Dire Human posted:

I played a few AI games as Lost Vikings just for the “haha what if I played the joke character!” factor

Never again

They aren't a joke though. They're really powerful on the right map in both high end competitive play and hero/team league.

Get gud.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Note that this involves setting up a keyboard profile so that 1 - 4 are bound to their respective control groups. I'm pretty sure this used to be default for TLV, but they changed it at some point :shrug:

Also it is probably better to pair Erik + Baelog together when you are new to TLV. Having your attention split between two things is a lot easier than going full viking from the bat.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
1-4 are mapped to selecting vikings by default. :confused:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sindai posted:

1-4 are mapped to selecting vikings by default. :confused:

NOT THE LAST TIME I PLAYED THEM

(the most likely scenario is that I actually unbound the controls at some point between the game's official release and when I picked it up again after the 2.0 release. TLV are seldom part of the free rotation, so it took me a while to notice on top of that.)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the tip. I played Thrall a bit tonight and he seemed fun so I bought him. I dont have too many offensive characters unlocked so I think he'll be a boon. I had a bit of fun with Zarya too. Did much better with a grenadier build.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

You get some characters in loot boxes, though they're definitely weighted toward the cheaper ones. I've definitely rolled a few Thralls and Jimmies since starting in the spring. I mostly buy expensive heroes when they're on gem sales, as I converted over a whole mess of WoW gold.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

TLV have a weird bug when switching control to each using the 1-4 hotkeys. There's a small delay before you can control the new guy. Very annoying and every now and then reddit has another "It has been X months since this bug got introduced" post.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

You get some characters in loot boxes, though they're definitely weighted toward the cheaper ones. I've definitely rolled a few Thralls and Jimmies since starting in the spring. I mostly buy expensive heroes when they're on gem sales, as I converted over a whole mess of WoW gold.

You can convert wow gold to HoTS gold???

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DisgracelandUSA posted:

HotS gems, by buying blizzard bucks with gold.

It's currently ~175k WoW gold to $15.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I remember when it was hard raising a few gold for that first mount... Inflation is everywhere!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It's gems, not gold, but close enough.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why do I have 5 loot boxes? I had zero yesterday and just logged in.

EDIT: Oh it's the last phase of that twitch prime promotion.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 10, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I enjoy free Kel'Thuzad week because it helps me realise how much I do not enjoy playing him.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

It's gems, not gold, but close enough.

This. I converted over $60 of WoW currency that i had before WoW gold went full Weimar currency, getting out of the game, and giving me enough to buy all sale heroes for 6 months. The 20 hero starter pack helped a lot too, they should have more of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Newbie diary: Day whatever.

Got myself a stitches today, and have been experimenting with him. Got him to 5. Things I've noticed.
1) Hooking enemies is fun as poo poo. It is great getting them way out of position for a kill.
2) I feel very immobile compared to some of the other tanks I've played. Once I commit to a fight, I am there, and what happens is going to happen.

Been going the slam build, because actually doing some damage is nice. I haven't really figured out how to use putrid bile well. Any tips for it?

Overall, I think I still like Dehaka more. Sure, the tongue isn't nearly as long, but the stun is more substantial. Dehaka feels like he has more sustain by sucking down essence too, and he has his burrow global to help get around. I feel like his late-game teamfight potential is better too, with the mass isolation dealie.

One thing I am finding, just doing random newbie quickmatch stuff, is that having a hero who can't laneclear is a little painful, because invariably there will be a lane that needs tending with nobody doing it. For example, I got Ana from a chest yesterday and....eh.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 11, 2017