Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sabreseven posted:

I wish Tarka would get it through his thick head that DS has no "minions" and if he had any then they would not be us, because unlike the majority of SC fans, we don't actually need a loving leader to report to, take direction from and pay vast sums to for the "privilage" of watching a games company fail in real time without a clue that it is happening.

Goons are a force of nature that grows stronger with numbers, SC fans are mostly just a bunch of weak willed spineless gimps (kinda fact by now) who do little more than parrot a company line (fact) and touch kids inappropriately (allegedly, imho).

Imho, at this juncture the only reason I'm hoping to see SC fall flat on it's overfunded arse is for the reaction of the fans, to see what marvelous mental gymnastics they perform in order to cope with life without being massive manbabies. What ever will bunnyman do? How will toilet man take a poo poo without it being SC themed? The gently caress am I and others going to do photoshops of once it's all gone? How will we make sure Humility survives? Will Logic sol finally be logical just for once? What will WTFo stream apart from his own tears? Is there enough material for Adzadama to continue his works? Will Bobo Huxley finally remove the steampunk copper pipe from his rear end and own up to being a tickle victim? Will B'Tak finally feel peace rather than grief?

I can't remember where I was going with this, but I feel like since it's this time of year and we are all supposed to be festive and a little kinder to each other, we should remind the SC fans, even the really annoying ones like Tarka and the devs of SC and CR himself, that there's always the option where they go and stick SC up their arses and swivel until they prolapse. Ho ho ho! Dumb cunts.

Good beltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Good beltdown

I'm practicing just in case I ever become a MoMa unexpectedly. :)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:
The bugs are honestly better than the gameplay.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Me, a DS minion:

Ooooo ba-na-na!!!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:
The bugs are honestly better than the gameplay.

Its like the bucket trick from skyrim, but WORSE.
How is this even possible?
If this was done horisontally with an NPC against a wall, can you clip through a wall?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sabreseven posted:

I wish Tarka would get it through his thick head that DS has no "minions"
Yeah but then he'd have to admit the arch-nemesis of their faith is like... an old school indie developer from florida?

It's like admitting CIG's actual competition is essentially steam greenlight. Gotta hype 'em up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov posted:

If you're going to do that be sure to get some brutal take downs in on him as well.

Can't we all just get along, like the commandos do?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

When is the SQ42 stuff happening?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sandweed posted:

I heard two weeks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

Funding tracker hit 80k for the 4th day in a row :allears:

How many times do I need to say this? It’s me, buying 80k of ships each day because I really want to help a multinational corporation make ends meet. It affects me on a deep and personal level. :3:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sandweed posted:

Thursday, December 21st at 12 PM PST

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Man, have you guys seen the, garbage-tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ActhIPQ_DFQ

unfidelitous, lovely frame-rate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGqkWVRQD1g

console peasant crap coming out these days?

I sure am glad Chris Roberts is here to save PC gaming and herald the glorious, not-at-all amateur-hour, 3-19 FPS with a Titan V, future the Master Race deserves.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

That... was not on the list of things I was expecting.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

I wish Tarka would get it through his thick head that DS has no "minions" and if he had any then they would not be us, because unlike the majority of SC fans, we don't actually need a loving leader to report to, take direction from and pay vast sums to for the "privilage" of watching a games company fail in real time without a clue that it is happening.

Goons are a force of nature that grows stronger with numbers, SC fans are mostly just a bunch of weak willed spineless gimps (kinda fact by now) who do little more than parrot a company line (fact) and touch kids inappropriately (allegedly, imho).

Imho, at this juncture the only reason I'm hoping to see SC fall flat on it's overfunded arse is for the reaction of the fans, to see what marvelous mental gymnastics they perform in order to cope with life without being massive manbabies. What ever will bunnyman do? How will toilet man take a poo poo without it being SC themed? The gently caress am I and others going to do photoshops of once it's all gone? How will we make sure Humility survives? Will Logic sol finally be logical just for once? What will WTFo stream apart from his own tears? Is there enough material for Adzadama to continue his works? Will Bobo Huxley finally remove the steampunk copper pipe from his rear end and own up to being a tickle victim? Will B'Tak finally feel peace rather than grief?

I can't remember where I was going with this, but I feel like since it's this time of year and we are all supposed to be festive and a little kinder to each other, we should remind the SC fans, even the really annoying ones like Tarka and the devs of SC and CR himself, that there's always the option where they go and stick SC up their arses and swivel until they prolapse. Ho ho ho! Dumb cunts.

:perfect:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Daztek posted:

Funding tracker hit 80k for the 4th day in a row :allears:

Just thinking out loud, but 80k per day for 31 days gets you their estimated monthly burn rate.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

mdxi posted:

Man, have you guys seen the, garbage-tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ActhIPQ_DFQ

unfidelitous, lovely frame-rate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGqkWVRQD1g

console peasant crap coming out these days?

I sure am glad Chris Roberts is here to save PC gaming and herald the glorious, not-at-all amateur-hour, 3-19 FPS with a Titan V, future the Master Race deserves.

I saw the trailer for Death Stranding.

I’m not even entirely sure what to say these days. Knowing Kojima it will probably run like silk and look almost real. Metal Gear V was a real graphical tour de force, and open world with so many different... things you could do. And AI that reacted to all these crazy situations pretty decently.

If Chris Roberts was absolutely spot on the money with for the whole of development of his game, it was when he said he had a few years to deliver the finished product and anything after that was going to be stale.

CIG is so heavily outgunned these days in the fidelity AND story telling department CR probably has daily aneurisms.

Honestly even today, I don’t see anything CIG has come out with that even begins to hold a candle to even Witcher 3 (albeit not much does).

I guess the only real difference between all these games and Star Citizen is that those games actually need to be developed before their creators start claiming profits. SC really doesn’t ever need to be more than a dream of “some day it will be the best game ever.”

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Posting while reading page 3000.

I can only assume that merely looking at this has instantly transported you back to those heady times.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Titanic posted:

CIG is so heavily outgunned these days in the fidelity AND story telling department CR probably has daily aneurisms.

Nah. Literally everything he consumes is through a filter of "Not bad, but I could do it better."

Which is how he can sit there and take potshots at GTAV, Skyrim, Elite Dangerous and god knows what else. His ability for introspection is exactly as stunted as you would expect from someone huffing their own farts, and the vocal crowds chanting "Chris Roberts will save us" aren't doing that particular personal failing any favors. To and past whatever end, I think it's extremely likely that CR will truly believe he cannot fail, only be failed. A visionary ahead of his time, constrained in his vision by sub-par tools, his only mistake overestimating the ability of those around him.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Witcher 3 was a game that was so loving impressive I told myself I'd not replay it until I had a system that could really max out its settings. But I have a proper steam backlog that all runs well so I'm in no rush.

The shitizens clais to have systems on that level and it barely runs a game that basically looks like the year it started. Because of how rear end backwards and money thirsty their pipeline is, it looks like a mishmash of fallout 3, crysis 2 and that coat a bit back looks like something out of team fortress 2.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Nah. Literally everything he consumes is through a filter of "Not bad, but I could do it better."
Yeah, he is literally patient zero of the brain plague of Star Citizen.

Besides that, his "vision" is clearly crobbled together scraps through his own tastes, which aren't well developed.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

The Titanic posted:

I saw the trailer for Death Stranding.

I’m not even entirely sure what to say these days. Knowing Kojima it will probably run like silk and look almost real. Metal Gear V was a real graphical tour de force, and open world with so many different... things you could do. And AI that reacted to all these crazy situations pretty decently.

If Chris Roberts was absolutely spot on the money with for the whole of development of his game, it was when he said he had a few years to deliver the finished product and anything after that was going to be stale.

Honestly even today, I don’t see anything CIG has come out with that even begins to hold a candle to even Witcher 3 (albeit not much does).

I guess the only real difference between all these games and Star Citizen is that those games actually need to be developed before their creators start claiming profits. SC really doesn’t ever need to be more than a dream of “some day it will be the best game ever.”

Main difference here is kojima-san plays the poo poo out of his games. He knows every strategy possible to every encounter and how every encounter can play out. That's why his games are good.

CR doesn't even play his lovely game

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

One of my favorite artifacts of early day SC was that of CRoberts citing his enthusiasm for Dark Souls. I would buy back in cash in hand if he would put up a playthrough livestream.

Do it Chris. Do it for charity.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

holyshit lol

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Dusty Lens posted:

One of my favorite artifacts of early day SC was that of CRoberts citing his enthusiasm for Dark Souls. I would buy back in cash in hand if he would put up a playthrough livestream.

Do it Chris. Do it for charity.

People give derek poo poo for his streaming ability and equipment foibles. Can you imagine CR trying to run a twitch channel with no assistance?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Chris stream Dark Souls and Sandi stream Doom

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

no_recall posted:

CR doesn't even play his lovely game
Perhaps that's the most persuasive and empirical evidence to wake-up the whales:

Why isn't Crobbers showing videos of himself playing his game each week? How come he's not out in the PTU or Avacado or whatever interacting with his backers on at least a weekly basis?

Wouldn't even Lord British get into the game an mingle with the players at times with his multiplayer games?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Saladin Rising posted:

They had the solution gifted to them, and then they didn't do it, and then lied and said they did it.

That is on a whole other level of complete and utter stupidity.:psyboom:

Well I find it amusing that the spinlock issue had never appeared in their patch notes until the patch AFTER I mentioned it. I know they're paying attention to me, but what's hilarious is that with this latest event, I think the devs are sending me a sort of "We hear you, man" message. :laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nnnotime posted:

Perhaps that's the most persuasive and empirical evidence to wake-up the whales:

Why isn't Crobbers showing videos of himself playing his game each week? How come he's not out in the PTU or Avacado or whatever interacting with his backers on at least a weekly basis?

Wouldn't even Lord British get into the game an mingle with the players at times with his multiplayer games?

1. Chris Roberts did play his game and it was a disaster.

2. Snorting coke hasnasty side effects that includes: forgetting the 60-odd keybindings you need just to move around on foot.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

It's almost as if they're convinced that the more they repeat bullshit, the more the chance that it will end up being true.

We revoked free Beta keys after we moved to CBT.

Valve does NOT allow the revocation of paid Steam keys - under ANY circumstance.

Morons.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D_Smart posted:

It's almost as if they're convinced that the more they repeat bullshit, the more the chance that it will end up being true.

We revoked free Beta keys after we moved to CBT.

Valve does NOT allow the revocation of paid Steam keys - under ANY circumstance.

Morons.

Yeah I've got games that were removed from sale from Steam for whatever reason and I could still install and play them. Best example off the top of my head is when Gearbox used their weird ownership rights on Duke Nukem to get all variations of Duke 3D taken off of steam so they could rerelease it as Duke Nukem 3D World Tour. You can still download Megaton Edition right now if you previously bought it on Steam. It makes it more obvious that these guys probably don't play games and spend more time fantasizing about Star Citizen coming out so everyone will stop laughing at it.

No one will stop laughing at Star Citizen.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

nnnotime posted:

One time rather historically.

Regicide aside the dude did show up from time to time in Ultima Online. He rolled up to an ingame play that I went to with some friends because I was and remain a HUGE NERD. As far as I know he was very attached to the character and didn't want PR people running around with it.

Alas selling porta shitters wasn't enough to pave the way for whatever the hell that thing they're working on in the thread below this one.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I've been catching up on SC happenings over the last few days, finally watched the gamescon demo and can't stop laughing.

Now I'm arguing with a guy on youtube who says we can't say SC has been in development for 6 years because the time putting the company together and developing the engine tools doesn't count. He says they didn't start working on the game proper until sometime in 2013. Makes the original 2014 release date even more hilarious in that case.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah I've got games that were removed from sale from Steam for whatever reason and I could still install and play them. Best example off the top of my head is when Gearbox used their weird ownership rights on Duke Nukem to get all variations of Duke 3D taken off of steam so they could rerelease it as Duke Nukem 3D World Tour. You can still download Megaton Edition right now if you previously bought it on Steam. It makes it more obvious that these guys probably don't play games and spend more time fantasizing about Star Citizen coming out so everyone will stop laughing at it.

No one will stop laughing at Star Citizen.

Neverwinter Nights when Atari went under :negative:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

2. Snorting coke hasnasty side effects that includes: forgetting the 60-odd keybindings you need just to move around on foot.

Well I mean that explains why he's not playing LoD, but the original question remains

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

1. Chris Roberts did play his game and it was a disaster.
Right, I saw that video and it's variants. But that's not what I'm talking about, just playing it one time.

The whales should be asked, "How come your savior CrodRoberto is not out there playing Star Citizen with you. at least a few times a month, if not once weekly?"

If the ShillCitizens' savior is so passionate about the game then how come he isn't playing it with them? It's bullshit croberto would be too busy, since it stands to reason he has time for at least one hour a week.

If that fact doesn't make the whales realize what's going on, people would get some entertainment value from the whale's answers driven by further denial.

CrudBlurto owns Star Citizen - he should be able to always make time to play the game frequently with his backers, yes?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Neverwinter Nights when Atari went under :negative:

The funniest one in my mind is the Deadpool game. It got released and scant six months later Activision's license for Marvel games expired and the game got pulled from Steam. A year and a half later it got put back on the store, but only for US citizens? It got pulled from the store again last month due to licensing issues. The game's fairly mediocre so no one's missing much but getting pulled down off the Steam store twice is at least a very Deadpool thing to happen.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

no_recall posted:

Now that brings back some memories.

Looks at username.
Is this that irony thing I keep hearing about?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

nnnotime posted:

CrodRoberto

CrudBlurto

:yikes:

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Kilmers Elbow posted:

i do flight sims and if this can do 60fps head tracking without me having to wear any stupid poo poo on my head then i'll take two please

This has me intrigued for the same reason.
https://tobiigaming.com/eye-tracker-4c/

I've yet to find a decent 'unbiased' review of it though, to see if the eye and head tracking are up to snuff.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

nnnotime posted:

CrudBlurto owns Star Citizen - he should be able to always make time to play the game frequently with his backers, yes?
I mean you'd just see some mental gymnastics about how much is on his plate or how ATV is his connection with the backers and how their glorious god-emperor doesn't need to rub shoulders with the plebes

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The funniest one in my mind is the Deadpool game.
It also seems to have killed the studio that made it. Apparently since then they've "helped" with Advanced Warfare and the Destiny games. Weird.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

It also seems to have killed the studio that made it. Apparently since then they've "helped" with Advanced Warfare and the Destiny games. Weird.

According to Wikipedia and its sources, its total budget was 100 million though that includes marketing so it's hard to say what its development budget was. Still, for what got produced there's no way it was going to match up to those costs and the sad end of High Moon Studios (who made my favourite Transformers games) isn't surprising in the least based on that information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I never ceases to amaze me that Tarkaroshe continues to unironically use an Edwin avatar. A character who is intentionally written like a parody of a guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone in the room right down to loudly muttering under his breath all the time about how much more clever he is, who gets owned pretty much every time he tries to punch above his milquetoast weight class.

His tweets are a lot funnier if you read them in the Edwin voice.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Last time I played Balders Gate, he joined my party just long enough to give all his equipment to my player character before bravely entering hand-to-hand combat with a bunch of gnolls while everyone else hung out several screens away.

:rip: Tarkaroshe Edwin

Don't do this, Edwin is the most powerful party member in the entire game! And you get to talk about Star Citizen and Derek's balls with him.